Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Bryce said that the song would be connected to the Olympics in Paris  :giraffe:

not Olympics again :skull:

There is a Vogue fashion show on June 23rd so maybe Katy is attending if she's in Paris

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chriswouldman said:

not Olympics again :skull:

promo is promo so i wouldn't mind if they spam it for some female competitions :giraffe:

• Like 1

I bet that one user is clicking on this thread over and over to see if they are unbanned. :fan:

• Haha 13

Rihanna is in Paris for the Vogue fashion show tomorrow so maybe we will see a KatyAnna reunion finally if Katy attends

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 5

did she follow vogue france on Instagram months ago??

Just now, Saintlor said:

Rihanna is in Paris for the Vogue fashion show so maybe we will see a KatyAnna reunion finally if Katy attends

omg dont give me hope :jonny5:

• Like 2

oh exactly… 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, KatysPrism said:

oh exactly… 

Oh we WON she is huge on social media

• Like 2

Just listened to the full leaked demo. Oh wow... :ryan3:

Imagine having a writers team and end with a drag race challenge song :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 11

6 hours ago, truth-over-factz said:

The Dr. Luke talk is so tired. 

Like please give it up already. 

We get it. 

Some people don't like it. 

But she worked with him. 

Get over it. 

And let's talk about the music. 

6 hours ago, KatysPrism said:

no one gives a f*** tbh. move on

There's something very insidious about rushing to like and praise any positive mention of Luke and then instantly lashing out when someone airs a criticism over the moral implications of the work. 

She didn't work with someone just unpopular or someone just with a specific production style. You can't enjoy the "buzz" of her producer selection but then try and silence every single person who expressed they're conflicted over her working with someone who raped her friend. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

42 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Rihanna is in Paris for the Vogue fashion show tomorrow so maybe we will see a KatyAnna reunion finally if Katy attends

wait imagine if they reunited. Both with children now :weeps:

She's a mother, open your eyes, just look around and you'll discover you know…

It's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it uh-huh, uh-huh

80S Dancing GIF

• Like 2

imagine hating an artist, their song, the person who produced it.. and still finding the time of day to come to ATRL to comment on all that.. 

like just move on with your life, i dislike a lot of artists you'd never find me keeping taps on them. 

OKH are truly fascinating, someone should run a study on them. :coffee2: 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Communion said:

There's something very insidious about rushing to like and praise any positive mention of Luke and then instantly lashing out when someone airs a criticism over the moral implications of the work. 

She didn't work with someone just unpopular or someone just with a specific production style. You can't enjoy the "buzz" of her producer selection but then try and silence every single person who expressed they're conflicted over her working with someone who raped her friend. 

enough with the fake news. he was never convicted of rape. non convicted= not guilty. that's how things work.

am sure if Katy believed that Dr Luke was a rapist, she wouldn't have worked with him. she has proven that she can write songs with other producers (fireworks, walking on air, hih,nro)

Edited by Watson!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

Imo this explosive thread just goes to show you how relevant Katy Perry still is and how much of a MPG she still is .

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KatysPrism said:

magine hating an artist, their song, the person who produced it.

You were quoted for your post veering into rape apologia - not because of someone having an imagined dislike of Katy (I've regularly defended Witness) - and this 2nd post again seemingly tries to flatten reality and excuse away the allegations of rape and assault. You can't imagine there'd be a difference in why someone might not like the song versus why someone might be uncomfortable with her selecting a producer accused of sexual assault, harassment, workplace bullying, etc.? 

By all means, anyone who is able to and has already reconciled with this complicated reality, I don't hold it against them. I get it's nuanced in the scenario of loving an artist and them making a choice that reasonably angers and hurts people and not knowing how to navigate all of it outside of that their music makes you happy.

But it's one thing to care about Katy and love her music versus actively antagonizing people who would reasonably find everything happening both upsetting and triggering.

This isn't her base thread. This is the thread for the single. Of course some people are going to follow updates on the song despite said updates being upsetting - specifically *because* they are upsetting. Specifically because this is the first major pop release in a decade for a man accused of rape and harming women and the implications of how it'll perform and be received being important to those who find the embrace of a rapist upsetting.

By all means, if you have to - if you're unable to actually reconcile with reality - tune it out and put people upset on ignore. You don't have to engage if you can't or if it's simply not important to you. But that's not an excuse to go the completely opposite direction and lash out or gaslight people and pretend like as though it's not noteworthy or imaginably upsetting to know a man accused of rape is producing a major female pop single. To try and attack people triggered by violence against women being rewarded.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Communion said:

You were quoted for your post veering into rape apologia - not because of someone having an imagined dislike of Katy (I've regularly defended Witness) - and this 2nd post again seemingly tries to flatten reality and excuse away the allegations of rape and assault. You can't imagine there'd be a difference in why someone might not like the song versus why someone might be uncomfortable with her selecting a producer accused of sexual assault, harassment, workplace bullying, etc.? 

By all means, anyone who is able to and has already reconciled with this complicated reality, I don't hold it against them. I get it's nuanced in the scenario of loving an artist and them making a choice that reasonably angers and hurts people and not knowing how to navigate all of it outside of that their music makes you happy.

But it's one thing to care about Katy and love her music versus actively antagonizing people who would reasonably find everything happening both upsetting and triggering.

This isn't her base thread. This is the thread for the single. Of course some people are going to follow updates on the song despite said updates being upsetting - specifically *because* they are upsetting. Specifically because this is the first major pop release in a decade for a man accused of rape and harming women and the implications of how it'll perform and be received being important to those who find the embrace of a rapist upsetting.

By all means, if you have to - if you're unable to actually reconcile with reality - tune it out and put people upset on ignore. You don't have to engage if you can't or if it's simply not important to you. But that's not an excuse to go the completely opposite direction and lash out or gaslight people and pretend like as though it's not noteworthy or imaginably upsetting to know a man accused of rape is producing a major female pop single. To try and attack people triggered by violence against women being rewarded.

Stay perched for more news!

ezgif-5-e0c737b5ff.thumb.gif.7c98c8593ee

• Like 2

:rip:omg just believe what u believe

I'm so done with these essays :clack:

OT: what if Katy invited a lot of female artists to attend the music video recording and she's gonna reveal them day by day til its official release :suburban:

that comment from previous pages saying katy doesn't know anything about being a woman is so funny...you are a gay man please have some self awareness

:suburban:

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, KatysPrism said:

oh exactly… 

I hope the other influencer trend this too like Tana, Brooke 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.