Sabrina dismisses Taylor fallout over SKIMS campaign

MidnightsAtPeace

Apparently it's become a habit of OTHs to constantly pit the new generation of artists who always express their love towards Taylor against Taylor herself, whether by false accusations or made-up scenarios. But this time, Sabrina spoke up and shut down all the rumors.

Also stop acting sore and know that she DIDN'T ask for her permission, she basically said they were communicative about it, just like how when someone my friend hates leaves a nice comment under my post and I ask my friend would it be fine if I replied to their comment. it's called being friends with someone you care about because you don't wanna make them sad :heart:

Back in April, Carpenter starred in a new campaign for Skims, Kim Kardashian's shapewear brand. Kardashian, of course, has a rocky history with Swift. But Carpenter says the Skims campaign, a viral success, didn't cause her any grief with her friend, and she didn't pay attention to online criticism she got for doing it. "As much as people want to believe you're tuned into every little thing, I'm not because I'm constantly working. In that scenario, I've been very, very communicative with her about that situation, and I just love her so much and support her till the end," Carpenter says. "So it was no weirdness for me, but I know people will just say things because that's all they have time to do."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/sabrina-carpenter-espresso-short-n-sweet-taylor-swift-1235036627/

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace
  • Like 3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Dear Reader

• MidnightsAtPeace

• CécredSpaces

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

She shouldnt have asked at all. Its her own business and she can do what she wants

Edited by Nico Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 13

Oh, so Sabrina, a grown woman, needed permission from Taylor? Taylor is a weirdo. Can't get over past feuds.

Edited by réveuse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 27
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 18

2 minutes ago, réveuse said:

Oh, so she needed permission from Taylor? Taylor is a weirdo. Can't get over past feuds.

I'd presume it's less permission and more consideration of optics. They're all brands and the optics of how they engage are important. Case in point, the fact this became a controversy at all.

Edited by Poptart89
  • Like 4

i know she meant as in I didn't want to ruin our relationship, but it's also clear that she doesn't want the swifties to turn on her and then the little carpenters want us to believe that she doesn't owe Taylor anything:rip:

Olivia was clearly the rebel daughter

1 minute ago, Bosque said:

"As much as people want to believe you're tuned into every little thing, I'm not because I'm constantly working. But I know people will just say things because that's all they have time to do."

The way she read all ATRL members, most of all the ones who immediately scurried to this thread 

oh the jobless on ATRL were gagged

• Like 4

Wait… is this an issue chronically online stans on twitter actually care enough about to get riled up about to the point the popstar is bothered by it? Whether a pop girl promotes some SHAPEWEAR?! I beg people, please (please please) find other things to fill your brain capacity with! 

• Like 2

Wow, she sounds like a tyrant 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Now I am more convinced that Lana isn't real friends with Taylor.. and I love that tbqfh.

Lana just doesnt GAF and doesn't put up with that silliness.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Apparently OTHs in this place are incels with no friends! Shocking!!!!

Ofc she would communicate that with her friend! Its not her asking for permission, its her being respectful to a friend! 

She's literally dragging all of you and your "free time".

:clack:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, réveuse said:

Oh, so she needed permission from Taylor? Taylor is a weirdo. Can't get over past feuds.

5 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

So you mean that a grown ass woman needs to ask for permission and validation in order to do business? 

I don't know who looks worse.. Sabrina for being a dumbass with no backbone or Taylor for being the bully that she is.

Or the swiftie OP that thought this was a cute look for Taylor :suburban:

4 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

She had to talk to her about it? It's a paid gig... the fear  :deadbanana4:

maybe y'all could apply for a job in fox news or for trump campaign, because that spin is straight from their books :spin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Also stop acting sore and know that she DIDN'T ask for her permission, she basically said they were communicative about it, just like how when someone my friend hates leaves a nice comment under my post and I ask my friend would it be fine if I replied to their comment. it's called being friends with someone you care about because you don't wanna make them sad :heart:

Don't tell me you guys are the type to go behind your friends (if you have any) and do exactly what you know will probably make them sad. That's what communication is for

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

No.

The article says nothing about her getting permission, just that there's no weirdness between them because of it, they've talked about it, and they love each other.

We wouldn't know that because the article wasn't even posted. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, réveuse said:

7 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

So you mean that a grown ass woman needs to ask for permission and validation in order to do business? 

I don't know who looks worse.. Sabrina for being a dumbass with no backbone or Taylor for being the bully that she is.

I mean it was initiated by Sabrina so we will never know if she needed that.

1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Now I am more convinced that Lana isn't real friends with Taylor.. and I love that tbqfh.

Lana just doesnt GAF and doesn't put up with that silliness.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The way you guys here say that real friends don't need permission and that it's childish while at the same time making posts like this :dies:

• Haha 1

Taylor prepping 50 "Thank You Aimee" TTPD variants for Short n' Sweet's release week :jonny3:

• Haha 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.