Sabrina dismisses Taylor fallout over SKIMS campaign

MidnightsAtPeace

2 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Don't tell me you guys are the type to go behind your friends and do exactly what you know will probably make them sad. That's what communication is for

:coffee2:

Sounds reasonable except for when you remember the fact that what makes her sad is…professional relationships with people she has petty high school drama with. 

• Like 3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Dear Reader

• MidnightsAtPeace

• CécredSpaces

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been very communicative with her about that situation

But why? She's not your mother. This just confirms Taylor is keeping tabs and is bothered.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 11

May be she should've kept the communication part to herself. 

:gaycat6:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, family.guy123 said:

We wouldn't know that because the article wasn't even posted. 

The OP includes a tweet with the relevant quote, which does not talk about Sabrina getting permission.

The reply to that tweet is a link to the full article. Would you not naturally want to read the quote before commenting on the situation? :confused:

Anyway, the full Taylor part is here:

DAYS BEFORE CARPENTER and I meet up in May, only two acts comprise the top five spots on Spotify’s U.S. songs chart. Four songs belong to Taylor Swift; the other to her longtime fan Sabrina Carpenter. Last year, Carpenter opened for Swift starting with four dates in Mexico City and later in South America, Australia, and Singapore. “I hold her to such a different echelon,” Carpenter says of Swift. “I could never compare my life, my career, my trajectory to anything close to what she’s done.”

Opening for Swift, Carpenter had a front-row seat as her idol cooked up the Tortured Poets Department songs that would go on to challenge “Espresso” up and down the charts. Carpenter gets animated talking about her TTPD favorites (“Guilty as Sin,” for one). “She always puts out music at a time where I didn’t realize I needed those songs,” Carpenter says. “We’re very, very verbal with each other about our mutual love and admiration.… She played me ‘But Daddy I Love Him’ before it came out, and that’s also one of my favorites.” The two have grown close: They attended a Kansas City Chiefs game last October, partying in a suite at MetLife Stadium (“One vodka cranberry in me and I’m not thinking about football,” Carpenter admits). 

Back in April, Carpenter starred in a new campaign for Skims, Kim Kardashian’s shapewear brand. Kardashian, of course, has a rocky history with Swift. But Carpenter says the Skims campaign, a viral success, didn’t cause her any grief with her friend, and she didn’t pay attention to online criticism she got for doing it. “As much as people want to believe you’re tuned into every little thing, I’m not because I’m constantly working. In that scenario, I’ve been very, very communicative with her about that situation, and I just love her so much and support her till the end,” Carpenter says. “So it was no weirdness for me, but I know people will just say things because that’s all they have time to do.”

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

So you mean that a grown ass woman needs to ask for permission and validation in order to do business? 

I don't know who looks worse.. Sabrina for being a dumbass with no backbone or Taylor for being the bully that she is.

Or the swiftie OP that thought this was a cute look for Taylor :suburban:

Taylor

• Haha 2

Classy way of letting OTH know they are jobless and weird :clap3:

• Like 5

Some of you are too chronically online.  

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

No.

The article says nothing about her getting permission, just that there's no weirdness between them because of it, they've talked about it, and they love each other.

Give it up. They don't know how to read. See: Worst TTPD lyrics compilation thread. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Sounds reasonable except for when you remember the fact that what makes her sad is…professional relationships with people she has petty high school drama with. 

why is the reason behind their feud important? if your friend hates someone for what they did to her, will you justify what they did and support them without making sure your friend isnt going to be heartbroken over it?

you know how friendships work, don't you?

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

I understand you don't have friends so you may not get it but if you are going to something with someone who really hurt someone you are close it's normal to tell to the other person

lol, not people having to explain normal human behavior to OTHs

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

But why? She's not your mother. This just confirms Taylor is keeping tabs and is bothered.

You guys probably don't have any friends (kind of would explain your online behavior), but in the real world it's normal to share things with friends and ask for things when you're a loyal friend. Loyalty is very undervalued these days, apparently. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

OTHs: "Uhhh Sabrina working for Skims, I bet Taylor HATES HER!!! #FEUD!!!!!

Sabrina: "There's no issue with her over this, it's all cool"

OTHs: "Oh so she needed to get Taylor's PERMISSION????? CONTROLLING EVIL *****!!!!

There's no helping the brainrot

:suburban:

They're so weird :rip: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

The OP includes a tweet with the relevant quote, which does not talk about Sabrina getting permission.

The reply to that tweet is a link to the full article. Would you not naturally want to read the quote before commenting on the situation? :confused:

Anyway, the full Taylor part is here:

I would. Which is why I noticed that the article wasn't in the OP when I went to look for it. It's since been updated now. 

If you're normal and don't have a twitter account, you can't see replies. 

This poppers infested site, I swear :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sabrina is being paid by Kim and is promoting that brand only as much as she is contractually obliged to.  I love that for her!  :clap3:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

You guys probably don't have any friends

Is this the new spiel from Taylor Nation? Y'all have been barking the same response for the last couple of pages. :deadbanana2: Swifties are truly the BTS of the 2020s when it comes to bot behavior and hall monitoring.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It truly shows that some of you never had a friend. :rip:

Just now, CécredSpaces said:

Is this the new spiel from Taylor Nation? Y'all have been barking the same response for the last couple of pages. :deadbanana2: Swifties are truly the BTS of the 2020s when it comes to bot behavior and hall monitoring.

It's not a spiel, it's part of having a real life and friends. I value my friends and I'm loyal to them. Would never work with someone that did my friend wrong. But that's where my morals lie; don't know about yours!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Would never work with someone that did my friend wrong. But that's where my morals lie; don't know about yours!

Did your fave feel the same way when she did that to Selena? Shouting out Charlie Puth?

Why should anyone feel obligated to do that for her when she can't even do that herself?

• Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, SylMacPer said:

Apparently OTHs in this place are incels with no friends! Shocking!!!!

Ofc she would communicate that with her friend! Its not her asking for permission, its her being respectful to a friend! 

She's literally dragging all of you and your "free time".

:clack:

The way none of you can ever handle the slightest comment thrown at your overlord without resorting to personal attacks, be it homophobia (y'alls favorite), racism or calling people incels

All everyone ever calls you is basic white girls 

:clack:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

13 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

why is the reason behind their feud important? if your friend hates someone for what they did to her, will you justify what they did and support them without making sure your friend isnt going to be heartbroken over it?

you know how friendships work, don't you?

My friends are all adults who have graduated high school so no, I'm not familiar with this scenario you just presented. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

My friends are all adults who have graduated high school so no, I'm not familiar with this scenario you just presented. 

see how you totally changed the topic? :ryan3:

4 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

Did your fave feel the same way when she did that to Selena? Shouting out Charlie Puth?

Why should anyone feel obligated to do that for her when she can't even do that herself?

How would I or you know? :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

How would I or you know? :rip: 

The hypocrisy. See, when you're a clown...

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.