Should music downloaded for offline listening count more for the charts?

SoldierofLove

When you download music for offline listening, you:

1. Make a conscious decision to have that song/album available to you at all times. 
2. Take the extra step to tap on the download button and wait for it to finish downloading. 
3. Use up storage space on your phone. 

So should downloads count more for the charts? 

For example, on Billboard it could be:

1 album sale = 10 tracks sold = 3,750 ad-supported streams = 1,250 paid streams = 625 paid offline downloaded plays

spacer.png

• Like 1

No

:suburban:

That would chill down a little the autoplay debate (it would count equally to spotify charts but not equally to Billboard and stuff) so it's a Yes for me. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 3

yes, it should. like you said, I am using valuable disk and cloud space for this music.

But then again, streaming means you are probably spending more money on a data phone plan.

We need to find a mathematical formula and get to the bottom of this

meonly.gif

• Like 1

We need Cambridge Analytica to get involved 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Selegend said:

That would chill down a little the autoplay debate (cuz it would count equally to spotify charts but to to Billboard and stuff) so it's a Yes for me. 

I didn't even think of that :chick2: Perhaps autoplayed songs should count less :gaycat5:

Only plays where a listener seeks out a specific track and presses play should count towards the charts. Otherwise you need to argue for the inclusion of Radio Airplay in the BB200.

• Like 2

No, I have data all the time so I never need to download music. Doesn't mean I care for certain songs more or less

11 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Only plays where a listener seeks out a specific track and presses play should count towards the charts. Otherwise you need to argue for the inclusion of Radio Airplay in the BB200.

This!! Say it louder for the labels using autoplay in the back!!

spacer.png

No :rip: should every time you play a song on a CD or cassette be counted as well? Girl…

Not that it ultimately matters to me but, if music listened to was more universally tracked in such a way, I'm confident the music charts would look much differently than they currently do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.