Sabrina defends Jack Antonoff: "**** critics"

thatsmydemi

I mean, the critics are right. But we still stan queen.

My god. He is one of the most critically acclaimed producers of all time. It's ok if critics sometimes criticize him 

There's artists out there that constantly are unfairly dragged by critics, if anything Jack has been overly praised by critics in the past 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well she's starting to get some mainstream success after 5 albums, she probably hasn't met many talented people

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean she's working with him, she won't go out and say **** this hag and his samey production.

He is amazingly talented and produced some fantastic records. The thing is when you are THAT productive, it makes sense not everything will shine through as a timeless classic, some work will have less to show for itself, and this is probably when other producers should step in to help. Or when you mass-produce TS records as fast as possible, you're bound to burn out. He is in demand, and he works with very popular pop musicians (good for him) but I think it is because of stan culture that he is taking those hits on his reputation

• Like 2

PPP is great - just because his work with Lorde was middling and he's gotten repetitive with Taylor doesn't completely cross him out for me

this man has produced songs like sober, cinnamon girl, august, gold rush, guilty as sin, supercut, venice b**ch, girls against god, morning elvis, maroon, you're on your own kid, green light, kintsugi, king, free, chemtrails over the country club, pleasex3, florida!!!, cruel summer and many more gems, and you expect me to not love him??? :gaycat5:

he's an exceptional producer and artist in general :ryan3:

• Like 2

She said **** ATRL :clap3:

haters hate, meanwhile...

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Norman_Fucking_Rockwell.p

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Did_You_Know_That_There's

Carly_Rae_Jepsen_-_Dedicated.png

Lorde_-_Melodrama.png

Taylor_Swift_-_Folklore.png

Taylor_Swift_-_Evermore.png

St_Vincent_-_Masseduction.png

Short_n'_Sweet_-_Sabrina_Carpenter.png

Edited by Gladiator

*ducks*

Tbh tho, it's clear the recent criticisms on him stem from the artists themselves. The reason TTPD is so similar is because that's how Taylor wants it. Jack is the scapegoat.

1 hour ago, Everyperfectsummer said:

Well she's starting to get some mainstream success after 5 albums, she probably hasn't met many talented people

Her albums won't even count as EPs 10 years ago because of how short they are. These are not albums. What she's releasing doesn't seem to be an album either.

We love Hack again @Taylor fanboy

There's like an Olivia Newton feeling, there's a Dolly feeling, there's an incredibly super modern pop feeling," Antonoff says. "The little vocal runs she does are so bizarre and unique — they're doing this really odd, classic, almost yodel-y country thing. She's becoming one of the biggest young pop stars, and that song is such a statement of ­expressing yourself, not just lyrically, but sonically."

• Like 1

As a massive Solar Power fan, I'm genuinely excited. :WAP:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

haters hate, meanwhile...

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Norman_Fucking_Rockwell.p

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Did_You_Know_That_There's

Carly_Rae_Jepsen_-_Dedicated.png

Lorde_-_Melodrama.png

Taylor_Swift_-_Folklore.png

Taylor_Swift_-_Evermore.png

St_Vincent_-_Masseduction.png

Short_n'_Sweet_-_Sabrina_Carpenter.png

WHEW, classics on classics. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.