"Falling Forever" could be Dua Lipa's next hit?

gwen stacy

"Falling Forever" is a song produced by Ian Kirkpatrick (New Rules, Don't Start Now, Pretty Please and Fever).

What do you think? Honestly this one is the best track in the album and it has potential to be a Hit compared to the other songs.

Edited by gwen stacy

it's a post-release album single so kind of a dicey situation to get a smash hit atp, but i think it could work well, dua has done it before, a really grand video could help it grow onto people. it's one of my faves from the album!

• Like 1

No, it's one of the more boring/vapid tracks on the album imo. Whatcha Doing is the obvious single. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, ariesgroove said:

it's a post-release album single so kind of a dicey situation to get a smash hit atp, but i think it could work well, dua has done it before, a really grand video could help it grow onto people. it's one of my faves from the album!

this shouldn't hurt her at all. the album wasn't heard by a lot of people to begin with so anything on it has a fresh start to hit the GP. we know dua's success is all about long marketing campaigns that milk the songs dry.

falling forever is an amazing song, but even her best song levitating needed like half a year of payola, remixes, and live perfomances to finally smash, and i don't see the spark of the slayage on any of the r.o. tracks. hopefully i'm wrong tho and falling forever saves the era as the album is doing 5.1 m streams on spotify daily at this point. ouch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These Walls or French Exit will be her last chance to get a hit :celestial5:

Tank incoming. I really want her to try it live though. Although the fact that she has to get her backing singers to do that little "I know" riff in the second chorus of These Walls does not bode well. I guess her bg singers would do the How Longs and she would do the next lines ( like a call and response)

26 minutes ago, ariesgroove said:

this only applies if people have actually heard the album

"Whatcha Doing" is the most FN-lite song left on the album after "Illusion", that's her only chance to bag a hit this era imo. I love "Falling Forever" but it's too Euro-centric and polarising for international audiences imo.

Nothing on RO is strong enough to be a hit, drop the deluxe & move on

no but i'd love to be proven wrong, imo Whatcha Doing with a remix would've been the best choice

Well... It's a great song so...

her shouting is so grating on this :rip: an immediate skip 

• Like 2

I always thought it was a standout track, so maybe 

Love this song! Yes

if she matches levitaing visual and beauty, and of course, energy

c1cb3f1f42d3f9d8d1f3e3ca7ed7b14d.gif

"Maria" is the international hit waiting to happen :thing: of course, ugly Americans would let it flop cause they wanna listen to basic trash like Espressos and songs by that other woman. :thing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I were DL, I'd come out swinging, punching and scrapping with 'Whatcha Doing' as my final single from that album, then just move on to my next album. 

Spoiler

I got a notification the first week or two after release saying I was in the top 10% (?) of listeners for 'Radical Optimism'. That was from just one full album stream (some skips) and then listening to mainly 'Whatcha Doing' and a bit of 'Falling Forever' on repeat for a few days. I've never even been that big of a fan and the album as a whole is dull, so if I'm in the top 10% of her new album's listeners from a few streams of one or two songs then... well.

These Walls for the smash 

hit on gays personal playlists, yes definitely 

I mean don't get me wrong, I kinda like it but it's just too gay for becoming a hit, and her wailing the fucks out at the beginning really doesn't help 

It's my favorite song on the album 

but i don't see it being a hit tbh

Either this or Maria. 

I find it kind of sad that she never releases ballads. Her voice fits perfectly for it. Meghan trainer stopped being a one fat wonder because of her ballad song loosse you to love me. Why is she being so stubborn about dance records. 

It sounds like a Eurovision entry from a Balkan country (in the best way), so idk how much appeal it will have beyond Europe.

Maria i fear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.