Hollywood elite raises US$30M at Hollywood gala for Biden

SoldierofLove

Some of Hollywood's brightest stars headlined a fundraiser for U.S. President Joe Biden that took in a record US$30 million-plus for a Democratic candidate. 

George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Barbra Streisand were among those who took the stage at the 7,100-seat Peacock Theater in Los Angeles on Saturday night. Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel interviewed Biden and former U.S. president Barack Obama, who both stressed the need to defeat former U.S. president Donald Trump in a race that's expected to be exceedingly close.

Luminaries from the entertainment world have increasingly lined up to help Biden's campaign, and just how important the event was to his reelection bid could be seen in Biden's decision to fly through the night across nine time zones, from the G7 summit in southern Italy to Southern California, to attend.

He also missed a summit in Switzerland about ways to end Russia's war in Ukraine. 

A group of protesters angry about the Biden's administration's handling of Israel's war against Hamas in Gaza demonstrated nearby.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/clooney-and-roberts-help-biden-raise-us-30-million-plus-at-a-star-studded-hollywood-gala-1.6928891

:allears:

But I thought George Clooney wasn't happy about the Biden admin's reaction to Amal's involvement on recommending the ICC to arrest Netanyahu.

:khalyan:

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Thanks 1

clooney selling out his wife like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

$30 million that could've went into humanitarian aid for the children in Gaza instead of a demented skeleton with one foot in the cemetery 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Down 8

Congratulations to the party of the elites. 

I look forward to watching this money be used to gaslight voters more. 

• Like 4

Beyonce also performed a star-studded concert for Hillary on election day in 2016. The problem was the voters she needed were in Wisconsin and not Columbus, Ohio.

Money (sadly? thankfully?) can't buy votes so hopefully some of those celebs whispered to Joe that genocide is bad. :suburban:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

Miss Biden has this in the bag

1473213aede10c636993b1420336cc3ccb6e5c5c

• Thanks 1

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

This is actually hilarious.

America in a nutshell.

:clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Out of touch liberal elite raising money for a out of touch neoliberal what's new?

:suburban:

But the American people donated over $400 million for Trump recently, so…

AMERICA IS A JOKE!

Edited by réveuse

He'll need the money 

I mean slay I guess but trumps red necks raised $36M the day he was found guilty 

Yeah, trump did that overnight without any promos. This is rotten, Both parties.

27 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

I mean slay I guess but trumps red necks raised $36M the day he was found guilty 

Which are going to his legal bills. :ahh:

• Haha 2

Not people in here saying b b but Trump is doing just as good?! :biblio: What is happening to this site. :redface:

5 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Not people in here saying b b but Trump is doing just as good?! :biblio: What is happening to this site. :redface:

I meant that if the poor unintelligent trump cult followers can donate 36M then these elites can certainly donate more

5 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

poor unintelligent trump cult followers 

exactly.

Edited by Onyxmage

If they think Hollywood endorsements are going to do anything but highlight the ridiculous wealth gap in this country...

moo.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.