Charli before performing Sympathy Is A Knife: "Artistry shines through"

k4rmabutterfly

Taylor/Charki are kind of different sides of the same annoying coin and why they're attracted to the same kinds of people. :suburban:

Also whenever Charli talks about "artistry," all I can picture in my head is:

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

Feel like she should be honest and say she really just wants to say she finds certain pop music meritless and own it, but then I'm curious what artistry she thinks the 1975 are exactly bringing to the table. Good for her that "Sympathy is a knife" is better than anything Matty or Taylor have released in like 5 years!

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• Petra von Kant

• Bimbo

• Wicked

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

As opposed to touch me while your bros play GTA?

wait.. this is a real lyric? :suburban:

• Haha 3

The white picket fence gays make enjoying Taylor's music such a chore.

• Thanks 1

That actually looks like a quality live performance. :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cesar said:

i could tell you what isn't artistry, dropping different variants of the same album, with one different track on each one.

or...?

GEIuyKgWEAAx_kA?format=jpg&name=900x900

bB85gp8.gif.c922279179d179ec39e267fb33e4

1 hour ago, Loca said:

Most of us just agree that Taylor sucks at it and writes, well, generic songs.

Too bad no one out of your niche cares about what most of you bitter gays have to say 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

She's right though. Brat is one of her best projects / one of the best albums of the year and has been received warmly by critics and fans. All the variants in the world can't buy that.

• Like 8

Drag IT charli

:gayoncecat2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WildHeart said:

or...?

GEIuyKgWEAAx_kA?format=jpg&name=900x900

Too bad no one out of your niche cares about what most of you bitter gays have to say 

a numbers obsessed swiftie talking about variants…the audacity 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIxYfpYgKHxXWhdHvNmVn

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

"Authenticity" isn't the only valuable quality.

Say it LOUDER!

Although I imagine not everybody would have the range to understand 

• Like 2

She's right but I still love Taylor

Judging off the comments in here, I rly thought she must've said something more than just "artistry shines through" bc I sincerely thought there's no way ppl are this riled up about a comment that innocuous. The song is about her doubts & insecurities surrounding her place in music & this world. The album has been her greatest success to date. She's happy & proud that her artistry shone through, PERIOD. The way some of you see Taylor in EVERYTHING (negative or positive) is so ******* aggravating

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I love the self-drag of swifties getting triggered by a simple phrase :ahh:

• Like 1

I mean, she didn't lie. Taylor has shown she can really make a work of art with Folklore, but she doesn't seem interested in pushing that envelope anymore. She's wasting her peak on some of the worst lyrics she's ever written. She's become a parody of herself.

Even Swiftie's drags has no character development. Like fave I guess,

:ryan3:

• Like 1

Charli is a gazillion times more of an artist than Taylor could ever be

Also not the white bread stans in here talking about vocals

:suburban:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I'm a casual Swiftie, but I like the growing rivalry between Charli and Taylor. Pop was in need of some much needed controversy. 

Edited by toxicgenie
  • Like 1

Charlie is completely right here, don't make Snake Swift the victim again when we all saw what she did.

Edited by NextBish90

17 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

She's right though. Brat is one of her best projects / one of the best albums of the year and has been received warmly by critics and fans. All the variants in the world can't buy that.

100% agree. You took the words right out of my mouth. Charli has the universal acclaim and there's no denying it. No matter what that insufferable fanbase has to say ("She uses autotune! She is the worst vocalist ever! Electronic screeching music!"), there's no changing the fact that many fans and members of the GP are responding very well to BRAT and it is one of the most critically acclaimed albums EVER.

People think that she can't sing and uses autotune = her music sucks. But vocals are only a part of the process of making music. Charli said it best during that subway interview. There are so many better singers out there, but not all of them are ARTISTS who can create music that connects with people. And while Charli isn't the best singer, she definitely has an ear for creating songs in the pop-dance-electronic genre she is in.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

So according to the xbox stans, artistry = autotune maxed out :suburban:

dislike!

16 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

the usual tired shift to homophobia and lowkey racism to try and downplay an entire genre of music :toofunny2:

this - it's disgusting

and woefully ironic. Taylor's level of success could not come without her being white + straight-aligned

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Charli ain't wrong. Charli has got vision, intention, and a passion for pushing boundaries and having an impact.

I love folklore/evermore, but when I listen to TTPD I honestly can't connect to anything, I am not inspired, nothing interests me, if Taylor had an intention it was maybe an intention to 'make an album', and that's about it.

And that's fine if not every single one of your albums is a jewel in your discography, but the way her team is trying to make her rule the world with an album as bland as TTPD fuels this irritation

• Like 2

Edit: Sorry for double post

Edited by no_better

On 6/17/2024 at 7:01 AM, LoveInStereo said:

Judging off the comments in here, I rly thought she must've said something more than just "artistry shines through" bc I sincerely thought there's no way ppl are this riled up about a comment that innocuous. The song is about her doubts & insecurities surrounding her place in music & this world. The album has been her greatest success to date. She's happy & proud that her artistry shone through, PERIOD. The way some of you see Taylor in EVERYTHING (negative or positive) is so ******* aggravating

ATRL has absolutely no critical thinking skills, proven time and time again. Of course artistry is important and Charli has long been spouting exactly that.

Plus "Sympathy is a Knife" is literally deferential to Taylor anyhow - Charli is literally acknowledging how Taylor is far more successful than her, and she could never reach that, but also she knows it's not meant for her and would absolutely mean the end of everything she holds artistically important to try and reach that level. Taylor fans should learn to read a ******* lyric and interpret something sensibly other than the rabid-dogs-barking-at-the-gate approach whenever they think an undue slight towards their messiah is uttered.

• Thanks 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.