Sabrina Carpenter's autoplay goes viral

Talento

It's fine imo

Here autoplay isn't changing much, maybe +/-10% at best

If you want to see real Autoplay look at Million Dollar Baby performance or TBIM and Intro autoplay switching or Bruno gaining at beginning of every month. Those are far more worse

idc about autoplay too much, because ive had it turned off since forever, but i think spotify and labels need to tweak some settings, because otherwise, in long run it may hurts some songs that are overplayed and people will start to hate them in response

I don't understand why people don't turn off autoplay especially when most listeners use Spotify free version 

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

It's fine imo

Here autoplay isn't changing much, maybe +/-10% at best

If you want to see real Autoplay look at Million Dollar Baby performance or TBIM and Intro autoplay switching or Bruno gaining at beginning of every month. Those are far more worse

:deadbanana2: Funny because when you said that days ago both intro and tbim were charting you're really playing dense 

No need for anyone to show us any video, anyone who follows Spotify a little bit already knew it

The only thing I am wondering is how much money that user is getting because they are a blue check mark account 

We been knew this girl been using payola to get that #1 :suburban:

the song is literally viral everywhere let's be fr

you can't scroll tiktok or an Instagram story without one of her songs playing

:ryan3:

It's either PPP or BOAF for me, used to be Espresso or Lunch like two weeks ago :rip: I'm not mad tho, because I like the songs

• Thanks 3

But for real: I accidentally turned smart shuffle on in my playlist and the first song which came up was Espresso :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, duadududt said:

the song is literally viral everywhere let's be fr

you can't scroll tiktok or an Instagram story without one of her songs playing

:ryan3:

That was the point of the auto play 

it's quite literally being forced upon people 

it's odd because she didn't need this she was slowly building herself up. But the jump was too much to he natural 

• Thanks 1

I was listening to Mariah live in Tokyo and please please please was played right after with the rest of songs being 90s songs. I'm also guilty of playing PPP a few times but this is a special case. 

I don't hate autoplay tbh, yes it's annoying but the point of massive hits has been all about shoving it down people's throats whether people like the song or not. I thought y'all miss real inescapable hits?

Edited by EndofASadMovie

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

I don't understand why people don't turn off autoplay especially when most listeners use Spotify free version 

:deadbanana2: Funny because when you said that days ago both intro and tbim were charting you're really playing dense 

I said that intro autoplay got switched to tbim and that still holds true if you look at how the numbers changed a day before it was made single

not 200k likes :deadbanana2:

but when I say she can relate to desperation for being an autoplay and payola queen here I get 20+ dislikes from success stans on this site 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

it already smashed and then autoplay followed. only songs with the best reception could get this treatment! it's the same with playlists like TTH. spotify don't want their listeners to tune out by queuing up garbage that the average people keep skipping (see taylor's niche fanbase non-hits for the past decade) 

why do these people even have autoplay turned on tho. grow up

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

love the song but it has an aggressive promotion on spotify

this sends me :bibliahh:

Right now for me its BOAF and PLease please please that autoplay after like every song :rip:

I haven't even "liked" or added either of those songs to any playlist

With all the love in thw world for her and loving Espresso and PPP, this is true. And I guess it's normal if it happens to me because I listen to this kind of music. But I have heard this from people who only listen to rock and Reggaeton. It's happening right now with Espresso, PP and BOF. But is happened in the last couple of months with other songs like Beautiful things.

Autoplay has been going on for a while now, but it seems to have gone wild. In february-March this year,, the top songs were doing around 6M and 3.75-4M was enough for a top 10. Now we have 3 songs doing +9M and you need almost 6M to go top 10. It feels like if Spotify is pushing current hits much more than they used to do. 

Edited by taylor__fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rac7d said:

That was the point of the auto play 

it's quite literally being forced upon people 

it's odd because she didn't need this she was slowly building herself up. But the jump was too much to he natural 

the song became viral because people liked it, you can't force people to like your song.

Auto play doesn't add 12 million streams. 

• Like 1

Autoplay used to be great for discovering new music. The rate at which certain songs are getting  pushed is becoming annoying tho. I'm getting tracks from the Billie Eilish album no matter what genre I'm listening to.

Edited by Yakult

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Auto play doesn't add 12 million streams. 

Spotify has over 600 million subscribers.

12 millions is just 2% of subscribers, easily half of that can be from autoplay.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.