'Dopamine' debuts with 2.8m on Spotify / Day 2: 1.8m

dillan

1 minute ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

I get it, but again, that stuff was a while ago. When launching an artist's debut album.. you would think they'd book SOMETHING... ANYTHING. This is just a repeat Chloe Bailey situation, without the lengthy delays. 

And during Motivation, sure she had decent exposure (relatively), but she admitted she didn't want that to be the single. She didn't have much control. She had to fight for Wild Side & even put in her OWN money to fund the music video... that song had one performance too, which again... the fans had to BEG for her to have. She was not invited to the VMAs. 

The label is dropping the ball big time. As someone who has watched her career and a big fan, I can assure you that the label is the problem this go around. This is a very "here you go, damn it" type of roll out. They are most likely going to drop her after this. 

I get your point as well, but I just can't see either Normani or her label being at fault.

For me, it was overall unfortunate life crises Normani had to go through. Any plan/momentum would have caught up in it. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• SoldierofLove

• Ethereal

• dillan

This album has had one of the weirdest roll outs I've ever seen, I'm struggling to even understand what her management thought it was gonna do. It feels like they didn't have anything ready to go when she announced the album title/cover and that it was coming this year. There should have been physical preorders up for months and a couple of music videos released for an artist whose hype has centred on how good her videos are. These are dismal numbers but it feels like they could have been better with even a slightly more coherent strategy or plan. 

• Like 9

The album is great so idc hope she don't give up on it tho 

She released one of the best albums of the year and that's all that matters. They really messed up the era wtith 1:59 what were they thinking?

all that delaying and waiting for 2M :ahh:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Technically at this point ATRL is doing more promo for the album than her label is :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

It's sad but it is what it is.

She had the chance when Motivation dropped and didn't take it for some reason. She had another one with Wild Side and did the same. I understand she had her unfortunate family situation, but as someone said had she really wanted it she would've done much more, she could have asked to do features to build her audience and didn't even bother to do that, heck she could have bagged a hit or two with the right ones. Are you telling me they couldn't have put her on a Doja record? Please...

It's not even funny because you can clearly see as someone said before this feels like RCA said 'ok here you go, can we move one? We're tired lf you' and it wouldn't be surprising if they dropped her, but seeing how hard Tinashe to get out of RCA had to fight who knows.

At the end of the day everyone knew how this would turn out the moment she signed with RCA.

Talking about Tinashe, you just have to take a look at her and Normani and see the difference: in output, vision, hunger, passion and talent. That should tell you everything about this project and the state of her career. If we're being honest she's not star she lacks in every aspect: vocals, personality, charisma, music, interest, production, etc. At the end of the day those artists that make it it's because they have 1, some or all and Normank has none.

That being said I would never discourage someone to keep pushing and fighting for their dreams, look at Tinashe, she kept hustling and she is thriving. However, I'm mystified by people saying the album is great. It's completely bland and absolutely forgettable from the production (which sounds dated) to her vocal delivery. Very weak project and it should come as no surprise why RCA would not invest a single peny in her anymore.

Edited by Cloudy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Her album announcement got 250K likes and this is the outcome? :ahh: 

6 hours ago, St. Charles said:

Real talk though, at least she released something. I think it's better than keeping the fans starved and waiting forever. 

Now she can tour, perform  and show the world her real talent. Look at tinashe just never give up or get pregnant 

Fantastic numbers for an independent indie artist like Normani :clap3:

• Haha 1

pretends to surprised

normani/the label/management are reaping what they sow

the album is great at least

We all knew Normani was coming for Flop it took years to release her debut album 

A pandemic came & go Normani still did not release an album 

• Thumbs Down 1

Even with all the delays, if the lead single and album date had been announced at the same time as the album announcement, I think this could've been a different story. More of a Positions style rollout where you have the lead one week and the album the next.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Now that she's flopped people can finally move on.

6 years of hearing about her 'potential' and her being the "next big thing" and the next "MPG", only for her to debut with these embarrassing abysmal numbers.

Her stans know well to go into hiding in her Base thread because that'll be their only safe space for the next 2 weeks.

The lashings will be coming from ALL directions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

She needs to keep the ball going, but does she want to? Where is her tiny desk? No late night performance during the first week? No BET Awards perfomance? No music videos? No small tour announcement? No feature on the way that will hype her up? She needs to hustle if she still wants a music career. Fans are telling otherwise, but this won't have legs because the music won't be finding new audiences if she is not promoting it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, l3disko said:

Now that she's flopped people can finally move on.

6 years of hearing about her 'potential' and her being the "next big thing" and the next "MPG", only for her to debut with these embarrassing abysmal numbers.

Her stans know well to go into hiding in her Base thread because that'll be their only safe space for the next 2 weeks.

The lashings will be coming from ALL directions.

all of this when no sane person is claiming she's the next big thing in 2024. :rip:

If only they released this in 2019 or even in 2021 with Wild side... The story could have been so different. 

• Like 1

:gaycat6:

i mean no one is surprised… luckily they tagged wild side onto this to help boost overall streams.

the girl clearly has talent but zero artistic identity, drive, and charisma and thats the recipe for disaster.

i don't see her ever getting a solo hit in my opinion 

Edited by masochizm
  • Thanks 3

Well, Meghan's Timeless debuted with less/ smiliar streams compared to this one and went on with decent numbers in US and UK

cant believe there's no mv still lol

what a joke

2 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Well, Meghan's Timeless debuted with less/ smiliar streams compared to this one and went on with decent numbers in US and UK

Doesn't she have physical? 

• Thumbs Down 1

RCA tried with releasing two more singles prior to the album and they made zero noise even tho the circumstances are basically no promo. It just showed no one care for the music not even her casual listeners. That's why they don't bother to book her anything. 

She clearly haven't showed her talent of doing smashes and she would be so much better managed by an indie label and build a smaller fan base to just do what she wants. 

RCA will probably drop her and that's when she's lucky otherwise she will not ever release an album under RCA.

Her team should try to attend festivals and smaller tour. Don't mind about billing just put yourself out there or no one will ever care.

• Thanks 1

unfortunate but not surprising. she took too long to release, the album should've been here in 2021 at latest. the world has moved on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.