Should I text him after all of this?

MidnightsAtPeace

I started seeing and hooking up with a guy I met online. He's barely six months older than me and almost exactly my type (masc but sweet and open minded). He used to pick me up since he lived just five minutes away. The sex was good, and he was really nice. I found out that we both go to the same university and went to high schools just two blocks apart. He kept saying he wanted more than just casual sex, and I agreed.

After our 4th date, he stopped texting me for no apparent reason. When I reached out, he said his mother was hospitalized and promised to make it up to me. I told him I was there for him and to take as much time as he needed. Fast forward 6-8 days later, he had completely stopped texting me. When I confronted him, he apologized and said it was bc of his mom's situation, though he had changed his whatsapp pfp without responding to my texts.

I asked if he was willing to give it another try and meet up, and he said yes. I even told him that if he had a change of heart, he should let me know, but he insisted he was still into me and wanted to meet again. I stopped texting him because I was tired of always being the one to text first. It's been about a month now, and he still hasn't checked up on me (he's changed his pfp three more times btw). He was so nice and sweet, and I don't know what to do.

Should I ask for closure? :suburban:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MidnightsAtPeace

• selena_lavigne

• Rotunda

• tjspy

Top Posters In This Topic

The only closure you need is knowing that you deserve better and he wasn't into you the same way that you're into him.

Don't put him first over you babes x

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

The only closure you need is knowing that you deserve better and he wasn't into you the same way that you're into him.

Don't put him first over you babes x

thank u legend :heart:

• Like 1

Hell no 

you should always put yourself first and keep it pushing and never look back 

life is way too short 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

I even told him that if he had a change of heart, he should let me know

It's been about a month now, and he still hasn't checked up on me (he's changed his pfp three more times btw).

miss-juicy.gif

imagine someone using the words "change of heart", i would run too.

Edited by shyboi
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

He's a manipulator - he's manipulating you with his "kindness" so no, just move on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BtDecember said:

He's a manipulator - he's manipulating you with his "kindness" so no, just move on.

This, let him go.

• Like 1

It's only over when you want it to be because it sounds like you are chasing after yourself. :dies:
You are coming up with romantic scenarios in your head with breadcrumbs he gave you that you internalized and adapted and created a storyline in your head that is much more interesting than the loser you are trying to date.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shyboi said:

miss-juicy.gif

imagine someone using the words "change of heart", i would run too.

that wasn't my exact quote :suburban:

i told him he should let me know if he wasn't interested 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

It's only over when you want it to be because it sounds like you are chasing after yourself. :dies:
You are coming up with romantic scenarios in your head with breadcrumbs he gave you that you internalized and adapted and created a storyline in your head that is much more interesting than the loser you are trying to date.

this was a wild read (in a good way)

thank u :heart:

Please watch this short video I myself have returned to this many times as I'm going through a delulu crush but not as bad as your situation 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

this was a wild read (in a good way)

thank u :heart:

Men are all the same. They have about 20 people lined up to go out with and they always have a favorite they will prioritize.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feetree said:

Please watch this short video I myself have returned to this many times as I'm going through a delulu crush but not as bad as your situation 

thank u so much

it actually helped :heart:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Men are all the same. They have about 20 people lined up to go out with and they always have a favorite they will prioritize.

I always tell myself that I'm done with men but I always go back :suburban:

I just know if I texted him he would act all nice and sweet and blame his ignorance on something new :deadbanana2:

Personally I'm petty so I force the closure through blocking and archiving. Everyone works through things in their own way! Do what ever feels right in your heart :gayalipacat3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.