Cowboy Carter doing significantly worse than Renaissance. Why?

Talento

18 hours ago, Pop Fan said:

The Grammy voters ain't giving AOTY to Beyonce. There's no way she's winning so please stop hopedicting Cowboy Carter for AOTY. Grammy voters are made lut of musicans, songwriters, producers, instrumentalists, engineers and so on. They have standards and respect for their craft. They know how much it takes to put out a great album and will always prefer the artists that are actually writing and creating their music themselves. It just doesn't feel right to give their highest and most prestigeous accolade to someone like Beyonce who is known for her lack of input into her albums and for using massive songwriting teams who write and compose the songs for her albums. Just imagine you're extremely passionate about creating and writing your music and you put out a great record and then lose against someone like Beyonce. I would feel so disrespected.

They know better than delusional Twitter and ATRL stans, they respect the craft and the work that goes into making an album instead of pandering to Twitter and their "slay queen" faves. Grammy voters are aware of what is happening behind the scenes and know deep down that Mrs. Cowboy Carter doesn't deserve AOTY. There are so many artists that are actually putting in the work in the studio, as well as on the stage. Voters will always choose the artists' artists. Beyonce is sadly the total opposite of that.

ATRL and Twitter users think they know better than the music industry, even though 99% of them have never set their foot in any recording studio. Don't act surprised next year in February. Also, the album ain't even that good, it's too long and a little bit bloated. Beyhivee, please stop embarrassing yourself, y'all are acting pathetic af everythime when she loses AOTY, it's so cringe to watch grown men and women (with zero music knowledge, skills  or talent) attacking Grammy voters and AOTY winners because they live in delusionas and believe that their "demo-collecting" goddess who has 100+ songwriters working on her albums is this creative genius.

Interestingly Grammy voters had no issues awarding her their highest songwriting award for a song she likely only added words to.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Soda Pop Queen

• Badgalbriel

• Talento

20 hours ago, Pop Fan said:

The Grammy voters ain't giving AOTY to Beyonce. There's no way she's winning so please stop hopedicting Cowboy Carter for AOTY. Grammy voters are made lut of musicans, songwriters, producers, instrumentalists, engineers and so on. They have standards and respect for their craft. They know how much it takes to put out a great album and will always prefer the artists that are actually writing and creating their music themselves. It just doesn't feel right to give their highest and most prestigeous accolade to someone like Beyonce who is known for her lack of input into her albums and for using massive songwriting teams who write and compose the songs for her albums. Just imagine you're extremely passionate about creating and writing your music and you put out a great record and then lose against someone like Beyonce. I would feel so disrespected.

They know better than delusional Twitter and ATRL stans, they respect the craft and the work that goes into making an album instead of pandering to Twitter and their "slay queen" faves. Grammy voters are aware of what is happening behind the scenes and know deep down that Mrs. Cowboy Carter doesn't deserve AOTY. There are so many artists that are actually putting in the work in the studio, as well as on the stage. Voters will always choose the artists' artists. Beyonce is sadly the total opposite of that.

ATRL and Twitter users think they know better than the music industry, even though 99% of them have never set their foot in any recording studio. Don't act surprised next year in February. Also, the album ain't even that good, it's too long and a little bit bloated. Beyhivee, please stop embarrassing yourself, y'all are acting pathetic af everythime when she loses AOTY, it's so cringe to watch grown men and women (with zero music knowledge, skills  or talent) attacking Grammy voters and AOTY winners because they live in delusionas and believe that their "demo-collecting" goddess who has 100+ songwriters working on her albums is this creative genius.

I refuse to believe this. She's taking home COTY (CuRaTOr of the year) and you will deal!

I don't think Bey's fans like country as much as house music and slay bops. 

But y'all acting like Cowboy Carter wasn't a success are just a bit delusional and contrived.

• Thanks 1

Not the same Britney, Gaga and Xtina fans arguing in here last the last thread on Cowboy Carter's streams.

Ironically, I am personally just starting to stan the whole thing. American Requiem refuses to leave my mind and most of the songs took a while to hit. I think the album is a slow burner but I don't anticipate people getting into it in droves, it's not your easily digestible pop album, it is not intentional TikTok fodder either so I don't see it making better numbers. However, the album is a success and saying otherwise is delusional 

It's because it's country 

POP EMERGENCY: DESPITE SUPERBOWL PROMO, COWBOY CARTER DOWN TO 3.6 MILLION STREAMS DAILY  AFTER ONLY 3 MONTHS RELEASED:bibliahh:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

POP EMERGENCY: DESPITE SUPERBOWL PROMO, COWBOY CARTER DOWN TO 3.6 MILLION STREAMS DAILY  AFTER ONLY 3 MONTHS RELEASED:bibliahh:

Renno under DIL and ISF.

24 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Very foreshadowing, of what happens when the smoke and mirrors stop working. 

For all of you trying Beyoncé, what's the goal here? To say Beyoncé isn't a legend? She is a legend and this album was a major success. Is it having the longevity most of us would like? No. Is Beyoncé promoting the album at all? No. Are most stans very annoyed and almost glad she's starting to dip off to teach her a lesson? Yes. 

Every album isn't gonna be a smash for months and years - especially when the artist is a black woman in her 40s attempting a whole new genre, which was a major departure from her last album (and anything she released before). Like yes it could be doing better but everyone will be fine - and trying to make Beyoncé and this album a flop is comical at best and truly delusional at worst. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

For all of you trying Beyoncé, what's the goal here? To say Beyoncé isn't a legend? She is a legend and this album was a major success. Is it having the longevity most of us would like? No. Is Beyoncé promoting the album at all? No. Are most stans very annoyed and almost glad she's starting to dip off to teach her a lesson? Yes. 

Every album isn't gonna be a smash for months and years - especially when the artist is a black woman in her 40s attempting a whole new genre, which was a major departure from her last album (and anything she released before). Like yes it could be doing better but everyone will be fine - and trying to make Beyoncé and this album a flop is comical at best and truly delusional at worst. 

Didn't the same " 40 y.o. black woman " have the (2nd) biggest female tour of all time just last year? That argument needs to be put to rest when talking about Beyonce. You can't use it to justify the meh performance of the album when her age and race didn't stop her from having such a massive tour. It seems that you're suggesting that ageism and racism came in the way of CC not performing as expected but it doesn't add up when you factor in that ppl were willing to spend hundreds of dollars to see her live in 2023 but in 2024 they somehow couldn't be bothered to just stream the album for free bc they came to the realization that she's 40 and black. CC simply didn't connect enough; the specifics of her identity have nothing to do with that. Like, if her next album is a huge smash will it be bc she's suddenly not a 40+ y.o. black woman?

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Didn't the same " 40 y.o. black woman " have the (2nd) biggest female tour of all time just last year? That argument needs to be put to rest when talking about Beyonce. You can't use it to justify the meh performance of the album when her age and race didn't stop her from having such a massive tour. It just doesn't add up. CC simply didn't connect enough; the specifics of her identity have nothing to do with that. Like, if her next album is a huge smash will it be bc she's suddenly not a 40+ y.o. black woman?

I reference her being 40+ because plenty of acts can tour off of legacy, but the public generally becomes less engaged with new music. It's why MDNA was a moderate success but the accompanying tour was the second highest grossing tour for a very long time. It's why Alicia Keys sells out venues, Usher sells out Vegas, but both of their recent studio albums didn't do that well. Obviously Beyoncé is bigger than both, so you will see her still breaking records. But it doesn't take away from the fact that the main artists doing very well rn are generally 10-15 years younger than her. 

11 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Didn't the same " 40 y.o. black woman " have the (2nd) biggest female tour of all time just last year? That argument needs to be put to rest when talking about Beyonce. You can't use it to justify the meh performance of the album when her age and race didn't stop her from having such a massive tour. It seems that you're suggesting that ageism and racism came in the way of CC not performing as expected but it doesn't add up when you factor in that ppl were willing to spend hundreds of dollars to see her live in 2023 but in 2024 they somehow couldn't be bothered to just stream the album. CC simply didn't connect enough; the specifics of her identity have nothing to do with that. Like, if her next album is a huge smash will it be bc she's suddenly not a 40+ y.o. black woman?

Bruce Springsteen entered the current top 20 of highest grossing tours of all time with his current tour. He's 74. Touring rewards age and experience, streaming does not. You're not making the point you think you're making.

Edited by Draper.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Bruce Springsteen entered the current top 20 of highest grossing tours of all time. He's 74. Touring rewards age and experience, streaming does not. You're not making the point you think you're making.

Beyonce is 40 though, not ******* 75 and she bagged 2 #1s just recently, on top of the huge tour. It's clear that her age and race don't impact her numbers yet so CC not doing as well as expected is simply bc it didn't click. To blame the underperformance on ageism and especially racism is absurd.

I don't even think that CC is an underperfomance btw. It's doing pretty well given the non existent promo and the natural loss of cool factor every artist goes through after a certain age. But if the question is "why is it not doing better?" my answer wouldn't be "oh she's a black woman in her 40s". Like, she's Beyonce. Her name alone makes ppl tune in on debut week. If they don't go back to it is simply bc they didn't like it.

Edited by dumbsparce

8 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Beyonce is 40 though, not ******* 75 and she bagged 2 #1s just recently, on top of the huge tour. It's clear that her age and race don't impact her numbers yet so CC not doing as well as expected is simply bc it didn't click. To blame the underperformance on ageism and especially racism is absurd.

I don't even think that CC is an underperfomance btw. It's doing pretty well given the non existent promo. But if the question is "why is it not doing better?" my answer wouldn't be "oh she's a black woman in her 40s". Like, she's Beyonce. Her name alone makes ppl tune in on debut week. If they don't go back to it is simply bc they didn't like it.

I don't think people didn't like it. They didn't like it as much as Renaissance? Sure. But I think her not doing ANYTHING for the album after release week (day tbh) plays a bigger rol here than people liking or disliking the album.

• Like 1

It's not as good as they tried to push our throats. Frontloaded mess

it's not deep. 

her fans  and the gp prefer her pop and more radio friendly r&b songs.

she's have been focusing on the arts and not the charts since self-titled.

she has more than enough classics and has had great longevity career wise.

• Like 2

Not as many fun gay songs and it's very long.

It's country music after all. We need more dance music from bey!

I think it's the lack of promo but she already had 2 #1s so I don't think it's a problem.

The album still has zero tracks above 100 million on Spotify.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 12:05 AM, dman4life said:

It really is a great album but it simply doesn't have the replay value of Renaissance. That's pretty much it because the quality is definitely there. 

This is it.

Because one album has CUFF IT & SUMMER RENAISSANCE

I LOVED self titled and Lemonade. Didn't care for Renaissance. I really tried too. Cowboy Carter, however, is amazing. Could do without a few of the songs on there but at least I really enjoyed the majority of the album. Ironically I hate "country" music.

On 6/19/2024 at 9:28 PM, dumbsparce said:

I don't even think that CC is an underperfomance btw. It's doing pretty well given the non existent promo and the natural loss of cool factor every artist goes through after a certain age. But if the question is "why is it not doing better?" my answer wouldn't be "oh she's a black woman in her 40s". Like, she's Beyonce. Her name alone makes ppl tune in on debut week. If they don't go back to it is simply bc they didn't like it.

So now what

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.