Latin Music/Spanish Music. What's Next?

AvadaKedavra

In all honesty I feel like latin music, specially urban/reggaeton has improved a lot over the years, idk something shifted after 2020 and were getting much needed fresh sounds and visuals compared to 2014-2019 era reggaeton, it could be MOTOMAMI's influence? Idk, but it's like elevated urban latin music and I luv it.mp3

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

We need a new Latin superstar. Someone revolutionary :gaycat1: american born or from here from the south

I think only Emilia Mernes has it in her to become THEE superstar we're waiting for, she's beautiful, she's an amazing dancer and most of all, has a clear vision and a offers something different to the scene. sadly the type of music she makes is hard to crossover in countries like Mexico and Central America 

Yeah, seems like Latin music is tanking and theres 2 mains reasons: 

1. Latinos get bored of artists too quickly. :duck:

2. The three main music markets in Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina) have focused solely on consuming their own music. You can see their top 50 on Spotify right now, and most are artists from their own country. :duck:

Undoubtedly, Bad Bunny is the most important and successful Latin artist at the moment. Even in his 'flop era,' his album and tour did BIG BIG BIG numbers that no other Latin act can achieve. However, it seems that the monopoly he has held since 2019 is fading, but I don't think he will suffer the same fate as J Balvin or Maluma  :duck: 

On the other side, we have Karol G, the most important female act at the moment, even though most gays >40 may not want to admit it IJBOL. I think she still has more time to grow. She tends to jump on trends and succeed :duck:

32 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

On the other side, we have Karol G, the most important female act at the moment, even though most gays >40 may not want to admit it IJBOL. I think she still has more time to grow. She tends to jump on trends and succeed :duck:

Popular and important are two different things though :gaycat5:

i can name a few bunch of new girlies that are making a name for themselves and already showing their artistic side more than Karol who would be nothing if it wasn't for Noah Assad.

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

In all honesty I feel like latin music, specially urban/reggaeton has improved a lot over the years, idk something shifted after 2020 and were getting much needed fresh sounds and visuals compared to 2014-2019 era reggaeton, it could be MOTOMAMI's influence? Idk, but it's like elevated urban latin music and I luv it.mp3

Agree. Is honestly more experimental and theyre really invested in something different. Im not a fan of reggaeton but thats the tea :giraffe:
The visual are impressive too

im not here for the erasure of reggaeton. Just more diversity genre wise in Latinoamerica.

1 hour ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

I think only Emilia Mernes has it in her to become THEE superstar we're waiting for, she's beautiful, she's an amazing dancer and most of all, has a clear vision and a offers something different to the scene. sadly the type of music she makes is hard to crossover in countries like Mexico and Central America 

Woah shes great. Lemme add her to bookmarks :jonny6: Hope she pulls a Karol B

1 hour ago, Papi Juancho said:

Yeah, seems like Latin music is tanking and theres 2 mains reasons: 

1. Latinos get bored of artists too quickly. :duck:

2. The three main music markets in Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina) have focused solely on consuming their own music. You can see their top 50 on Spotify right now, and most are artists from their own country. :duck:

Undoubtedly, Bad Bunny is the most important and successful Latin artist at the moment. Even in his 'flop era,' his album and tour did BIG BIG BIG numbers that no other Latin act can achieve. However, it seems that the monopoly he has held since 2019 is fading, but I don't think he will suffer the same fate as J Balvin or Maluma  :duck: 

Thanks hennie. love your appreciations too. All of this is brand new info to me. i was not aware the local scenes of those countries grew that large :giraffe: 

3 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Popular and important are two different things though :gaycat5:

i can name a few bunch of new girlies that are making a name for themselves and already showing their artistic side more than Karol who would be nothing if it wasn't for Noah Assad.

And Karol G is both whether you like it or not 

16 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

And Karol G is both whether you like it or not 

Oh I like her, but that's your opinion though. She's popular and doing her thing but hasn't brought anything different to the scene to be considered IMPORTANT or changing the game and i stand by what i said. Is not about hating cause I've always liked her, but important in the Latin scene? let's not put her on a pedestal now.

Please let me know what she has done artistically or done different for LATIN MUSIC to be considered so important. MOTOMAMI on the other hand, that's changing the game, that's bringing something different to the scene. important to me is more than just successful tour and bought awards. Thanks though.

1 hour ago, GeeDuval said:

Oh I like her, but that's your opinion though. She's popular and doing her thing but hasn't brought anything different to the scene to be considered IMPORTANT or changing the game and i stand by what i said. Is not about hating cause I've always liked her, but important in the Latin scene? let's not put her on a pedestal now.

Please let me know what she has done artistically or done different for LATIN MUSIC to be considered so important. MOTOMAMI on the other hand, that's changing the game, that's bringing something different to the scene. important to me is more than just successful tour and bought awards. Thanks though.

Honestly I think she did upgrade her artistry con MSB, I think nobody expected for her to come up with something like (akthouhg some people might say it's just too UVST inspired, even if it is, it's still a great album), I thought she would never brek away from that generic "Becky G/Natti Natasha" uninspired style of female latin pop songs she was recording, but she's definetly uprading and serving (for the most part)

AND YES, Emilia is AMAZING and such a fresh air to see that MPG energy in a latin girl, it reminds me a lot of Bree Runway on 2000AND4EVA, serving looks, dance, bops and VISUALS back to back

Hopefully we are in the end years for reggaeton. It's why we don't have any iconic pop / pop rock  Latin music like before. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.