• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• ontherocks

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

And it can not be repeated enough here, it's great that the Western countries are finally waking up

Which country are you claiming is set to do an imminent ground invasion into America?

north-america-map.gif

I mean it's been legally mandated for males for a long time, you just had to register yourself and the only checkpoint as to whether you did that or not was the FAFSA. All it seems that they're doing is making the registration automatic and extending the age limit another year. 

Now, the concept of conscription in and of itself is rather archaic (credible arguments have been made that organized society really only began out of a need to raise armies to fight off bandits), and any implementation of a draft would be wildly unpopular and no politician with an interest in re-election would advocate for the draft unless the Canadians decided they wanted a chunk of Maine or something. 

Imagine going to war and risking your life for some old fart's political benefits

Patriotism is as stupid as religion cults

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

I mean it's been legally mandated for males for a long time, you just had to register yourself and the only checkpoint as to whether you did that or not was the FAFSA. All it seems that they're doing is making the registration automatic and extending the age limit another year. 

Now, the concept of conscription in and of itself is rather archaic (credible arguments have been made that organized society really only began out of a need to raise armies to fight off bandits), and any implementation of a draft would be wildly unpopular and no politician with an interest in re-election would advocate for the draft unless the Canadians decided they wanted a chunk of Maine or something. 

You're forgetting that both sides would have an interest in reinstating the draft to defend Israel against Hezbollah and Iran, which would quite possibly the reason for them expanding the draft like this to begin with. As far as American politicians are concerned, Israel is more important than our own country.

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

What's different? I remember getting automatically registered when I turned 18.

If there making a point of doing this because people ain't signing up like they use too

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

We had something similar here in Germany. You either had to join the military or do a social year, which means helping old people or whatever. I'm so glad they got rid of it before it was my turn. 

I'm not working for free for my country. I'm not a patriot, leave me alone. 

Exactly. They want this religious racist homophobic shithole defended? Girl throw me in the slammer or the gay camp because I'm not doing a god damn thing for them. Zero zilch. Put me in the euthanizing line. Do what you gotta do boo cause I ain't going. 

edit: I'm the the USA. 

Edited by woohoo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I'm a veteran. So I done my time. :giraffe:

I'm sorry you wasted your skill and energy for a terror nation :heart2:

… I thought we already did when we applied for financial aid or something. I might be wrong of course but pretty sure it's always been an option. 

5 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You're forgetting that both sides would have an interest in reinstating the draft to defend Israel against Hezbollah and Iran, which would quite possibly the reason for them expanding the draft like this to begin with. As far as American politicians are concerned, Israel is more important than our own country.

Given the way some megachurch preachers in Alabama and Texas talk about Israel to their congregations of thousands of people, I'm sure the army won't have any issue recruiting the soldiers it needs to fight in Israel :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, LegaMyth said:

Man, it feels like something is coming. Especially when all of these countries are not joining BRICS. The Ghetto is near.

Its more so because gen z is refusing to enlist. I mean what did they expect? :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

I'm sorry you wasted your skill and energy for a terror nation :heart2:

I had a college tuition to pay 

13 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Given the way some megachurch preachers in Alabama and Texas talk about Israel to their congregations of thousands of people, I'm sure the army won't have any issue recruiting the soldiers it needs to fight in Israel :deadbanana4:

The thing is more about conscripting people who don't want to fight for Israel and forcing them to die for the sake of defending the foreign country that they openly hate (or commit desertion and become forever disenfranchised as a US citizen). There's a reason Russia is throwing away hundreds of thousands of conscripted soldiers from Siberia and Chechnya rather than the White Russians from Moscow and St. Petersburg. It's to weed out the undesirables on the front lines when conflicts are otherwise conducted through drone warfare nowadays.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.