How talented is Taylor Swift in your opinion?

Kukai

Singing: 6.5/10

Lyrics: 9/10

Music (playing/composing): 8/10

Overall: 8:10

I think she's very talented, she should just stop preferring quantity over quality in all aspects.

I always say there's a great album in all (or most) her albums, but many times - especially lately - she drowns amazing tracks in a sea of fillers (or simply, unnecessary songs that add nothing) for the sake of streaming records or whatever she's chasing at the moment. When she's not thinking about profits she hits her creative peaks, Folklore was her best body of work, and speaking of her earlier stuff, Speak Now is another amazing example. And even though they're not my top picks 1989 and Reputation are perfectly crafted pop albums. On the other hand, albums like Midnights and TTPD, despite having some of her best songs they make you question the growth that she showed at the beginning of the decade.

I won't get into the business part because I already gave my long ass opinion a couple of weeks ago, I'll just say - because it's relevant to this topic - that right now it feels like she's just putting out whatever she records because her fans will devour a recorded burp if she released it. I feel like with her - within her fanbase - the appreciation of her art is nothing compared to the adoration of her person, they don't care about what she's saying and how she's saying it (and thus the quality of the music), they just want new material to fantasize about her private life, brag about its success and be entertained by her as if she was a puppet.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreGuy

• Trent W

• Jay07

• Arrows

Top Posters In This Topic

Songwriting is only where she excels and even that is iffy sometimes :rip: 

"Ability to connect with her audience" is as much of a talent as "ear for hits" and "smart businesswoman" :clown: 

• Like 1

Musically she is in the same rank as Britney, Katy, etc

They posses only one talent musically

But outside of music she's the most talented business wise and marketing wise, even tho the marketing in TTPD has been terrible 

overall I would consider her a very talented woman but not a super talented musician

3 minutes ago, Khal said:

Songwriting is only where she excels and even that is iffy sometimes :rip: 

"Ability to connect with her audience" is as much of a talent as "ear for hits" and "smart businesswoman" :clown: 

Yeah ability to connect with an audience is a marketing talent not a musical one

Her only real musical talent is songwriting 

• Thumbs Down 1

She's an okish performer but she's an amazing lyricist and composer which is what she's known for :cm: 

amazing songwriter and storyteller

great instrumentalist (she can play the guitar, piano, banjo, and ukulele)

great performer/entertainer (no, performing is not about dancing your ass off and voguing, she's good at putting on a show and controlling huge crowds, her concerts are entertaining and exciting without her putting her body though hell to appeal to people who would disrespect her anyway) :ryan3:

good music producer

good director (and she's getting better at it)

good singer (not a vocalist but still good idc what you gays have to say)

tthat's at least a 7

but she's a 9/10 in my book

• Haha 2

9 /10

Artistry

Songwriting 

Musicality 

Showmanship

Plays instruments

If she takes time to rehearse choreo more she can elevate her dancing/performances and get a 10.

Very talented songwriter and composer

songwriting: 8

singing live: 2

marketing/business savy: 10

integrity: 0

Also, the business part, I'm not sure about that. For me, a good business woman should know where to position her brand, and in my opinion she's not doing a good job with that.

Her brand is not evolving, it's just expanding, means that she's great, amazing at selling, which is perfect if that's your ultimate and only goal, but branding is also about building a certain image to build a certain image. With Taylor, now everybody sees her as a greedy capitalist who only cares about money and success. If you compare artists to clothing brands for example, Taylor would be a fast fashion type of brand: quick, always in your face, putting everything they produce on sale with no quality control, selling out with frequent sales.

In my opinion, that's acceptable if you need money to pay your rent but not when you're the top artist in the industry. We know she's a workaholic, but she would still be where she is without this behavior (I'm talking about her tactics from 2021 to 2024, certainly not all the great choices that brought her where she is). She should know what her level is, she should be a luxury brand you dream of not a cheap one that haunts you daily. She was on the right path in 2020-2021 and Midnights could've been the cherry on top, but it is what it is. 

Good lyricist and storyteller, used to be GREAT at making catchy melodies

Visually creative, has a keen eye for attractive visuals

Is business acumen a talent?

As a performer...let's just say the things mentioned above make up for her performing skills and so she can still put on an entertaining show at least :)

4 overall only for her songwriting. Everything else is a 1 which drags my rating down for her talent

In the 6-8/10 range with her songwriting chops doing most of the heavy lifting.

She's an extremely talented businesswoman and an above average songwriter

She's not for me. 2/10

I like her lyrics a lot, honestly. A skilled writer. She has an undeniable sense of business too. 

Don't really like her as a performer but I do recognize that she improved tremendously.

Edited by jadeabove

She's very talented. 

Song writing was ok when she was 13-15, so I'll give her a 3.1 for playing instruments 

She is a 3 or 4 at best. Songwriting being her only good talent and I guess being a business woman too which bumps her too 4/10.  She can't sing or dance. Her songwriting skills have not grown considering the number of misses she had since lover. For every good song she always seems to have 2 or 3 missed with cringe lyrics that a 15 year old girl would write.  Not too mention her performing skills never improve either.  You would think that over time she would be a decent performer but she isn't.  This is why her talent will always be questioned regardless how many awards or albums she sells. 

4/10. Keeps writing the same childish songs about ex boyfriends over and over while vocals, performing skills and visual creativity are non existent. In fact I'd say her mediocrity is her biggest selling point so she and her fans are aware of this fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

In a 0 to 10 scale she would be -1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Overrated, can barely hold a note live, songs are always about the same thing. 4/10. 

A thief and a wannabe. No talent whatsoever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.