New to Apple Music, coming from Spotify. I have a question!

Comedor

I have started using Apple Music today and have a question.

Is there a way to synch the music player between desktop browser and phone app?

For example, I'm playing music on my desktop browser and when I open up the phone app it doesn't recognize the music playing on desktop. In that same scenario, on Spotify, the phone app would let me control the browser player - and even let me switch from browser to app.

Is that not possible with AM? :skull:

Edited by Comedor

Not possible. One of the reasons I rarely use the desktop app tbh besides adding local music or editing the metadata

edit: I also rarely used that feature when I had Spotify so wasn't a big deal to me

Edited by Contessa
  • Like 1

This is one of the big reasons I won't switch. The handoff between devices and other speakers on the same WiFi network is sooooooo seamless on Spotify :jamming:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Contessa said:

Not possible. One of the reasons I rarely use the desktop app tbh besides adding local music or editing the metadata

edit: I also rarely used that feature when I had Spotify so wasn't a big deal to me

:skull:

:skull::skull::skull::skull:

Thank god I got free 6 months from PS5.

Yeah there's no way to do that :clack:

It sucks but then it stops you when you try to play music on another device like GIRL :rip:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brikenbur said:

It sucks but then it stops you when you try to play music on another device like GIRL :rip:

Right? I also got a pop up for a family plan upgrade. As if that would resolve the handoff issue.  :rip:

No. That's Spotify Connect. 

After 6 years of using Apple Music it finally works well. :clap3:
When switching from Spotify you might notice you miss some of the aspects that make Spotify special, but with the Autoplay mode, the instagram algorithm constantly giving you new music recs if you know how to work it, and ATRL occasionally serving taste, it has been a pleasant experience. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.