Taylor drops signed UK photo cards in attempt to block Charli from #1

Thickorita

Now she has to make sure everyone gets a #1 too? What in the montessori tea

If you want to be the #1, sell the most that week. It's that simple. 

:khalyan2:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

1 minute ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

Thankfully I reported those posts before they deleted them and the mods put them on some type of time out so they can stop spamming every taylor thread with their forced meltdowns. imagine calling someone racist and "worst than a zionist" bc they release a variant to "block" another white woman. this is why I can't take a single soul in here serious :ahh:

That person has always been serving creep stalker to me, considering how Taylor is consistently being used as their emotional punch bag for every social issues they are frustrated with.

Always trying extremely hard to demonise a popstar just because she doesn't act or virtue signal how they want to. 

1 minute ago, yonsé said:

the charts are literally not a competition lmfao

you swifties are deranged. it's a MEASUREMENT of consumption. if your content is good, people will consume it without the need for stupid gimmicks like selling an iphone voice memo for $17.

but go off mami :gaycat2:

Not that I'm really a fan of this never ending greed, but charts literally are a competition. Box office charts, best seller lists, streaming charts, etc. Artists aim for the #1 spot (or whatever other goals they set) when they want to prove themselves or their commercial viability. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yonsé said:

the charts are literally not a competition lmfao

you swifties are deranged. it's a MEASUREMENT of consumption. if your content is good, people will consume it without the need for stupid gimmicks like selling an iphone voice memo for $17.

chart records are for people who have continuously put out music that the public has consumed on a large scale. it does not mean its a skill or a contest to see who can force their fans to buy multiple copies of an album. thats absurd.

but go off mami :gaycat2:

What are music charts? Quickly.

They are a ranked list where albums and songs that have more units of consumption are ranked higher. 

"The charts are literally not a competition" are y'all reading what you write? :deadbanana4: 

What are they literally then? 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

Now she has to make sure everyone gets a #1 too? What in the montessori tea

If you want to be the #1, sell the most that week. It's that simple. 

:khalyan2:

No one is asking Taylor to take her albums off the shelves to let Charli go #1. :skull: 

She literally didn’t have to do anything, yet she actively chose to release this random UK exclusive. 

• Like 1

God I'm literally so sick of this woman and her sycophantic followers

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

If we insist on comparing the UK charts to the Olympics, then Taylor already got her gold medal for TTPD (i.e the Number 1 Award). She's already won, and they don't give you a new trophy every week you're #1.

All it looks like now is her perched on top of the podium for 7 weeks, kicking any woman down who has a chance of also getting their own goal medal. 

You can win multiple gold medals for the same Olympic event each time it occurs again. 

"Any woman" always trying to moralize this in some bizarre way because y'all don't like her. It's okay to not like someone! It doesn't need to be a morality thing. Taylor is competing for number one. It isn't about a specific person. 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

If we insist on comparing the UK charts to the Olympics, then Taylor already got her gold medal for TTPD (i.e the Number 1 Award). She's already won, and they don't give you a new trophy every week you're #1.

All it looks like now is her perched on top of the podium for 7 weeks, kicking any woman down who has a chance of also getting their own goal medal. 

So are we also conveniently ignoring Bon Jovi's existence all together then? :coffee2:

He still has a chance to kick Charlie down to 3rd place judging by early prediction. But no, that won't fit the "Taylor kicking any woman down" narrative.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Y'all wouldn't tell a professional football player or an Olympian to make room for someone else or not fight for the top place :deadbanana2:  

These are CHARTS, this isn't a best friend gathering. The way people act like Taylor SHOULD roll over and not fight for her number ones or she's not a girls girl on a pop music forum obsessed with charting is giving mental illness. 

Olympians and football players are competing head on talent for talent, not deluxe editions.

The equivalent would be Mahomes doing everything to break the record for yards thrown but ignoring his other duties as Quarterback and not winning rings. 

There's a reason she don't try to compete with their innovative or groundbreaking musical efforts. It's not head on competition, so the comparison sucks. 

That being said I don't particularly see anything wrong with this I just think this is the most boring competitive drive I ever seen. Compete with their music lol

2 minutes ago, glitch said:

God I'm literally so sick of this woman and her sycophantic followers

Everyone is sick of her, even some Swifties are opening their eyes, finally.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

What an idiotic post. 

"Room for everyone to have their moment in the sun." This is a CHART. It is a competition. Not a freebie. If you feel that way, I suggest you stop caring so much about charts. Every artist can absolutely have their moment in the sun by releasing quality music their fans enjoy. You are currently wound up over a CHART which is a ranking. 

Your personal anecdotes about what people are or aren't talking about are worthless for charts. They can matter to you, but you're conflating your personal feels and vibes with something that is an objective competition. Anyone can compete in any way they like.

If it bothers you that much, just listen to the music and don't care about where it lands on Billboard, Official Charts, etc. 

Art is NOT a competition. Maybe it is for the Swifties cause all you are about are numbers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NEX said:

Charts are not competitive sports. Charts are meant to reflect what is organically popular on any given week. Gaming the charts to artificially boost your album or song achieves nothing, because that album or song weren't actually the most popular of the week. It's forced, it's pointless, it's only there to massage someone's ego. And coming from someone of Taylor's status and level of success it feels a little psychotic at this point. She is the last person who needs to be doing this, yet she has turned into the face of chart obsession and manipulation. 

Intentionally competing for chart spots has always been a huge element of all music charts. Pretending otherwise is disingenuous. 

Just now, Shinning said:

Art is NOT a competition. Maybe it is for the Swifties cause all you are about are numbers.

No, but charts are! You're making a false equivalence. Prefer whatever art you like. 

1 minute ago, Oxygen said:

No one is asking Taylor to take her albums off the shelves to let Charli go #1. :skull: 

She literally didn't have to do anything, yet she actively chose to release this random UK exclusive. 

Ok? And? She's releasing material like she's done in past weeks, for her fans and the public to consume or not. She's not stopping her career cause another artist is releasing that week. There's a new release every week, there's always competition. :michael:

• Like 1

the charts/olympics comparison has to be the most stupid argument swifties have ever used to justify her actions :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 11
  • Haha 2

Also, I'm sure Ms Rina Sawayama is having a good chuckle right now. Good for you Rina, good for you :coffee:

I really used to like Taylor, but I start hating her tbh. She would even push per mother down a cliff to get another week at #1

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, DevilsRollTheDice said:

You can win multiple gold medals for the same Olympic event each time it occurs again. 

But you don’t for the Number 1 Award. It’s tough for you to rely on your analogy since the UK literally gives out a gold trophy with their charts.  If you want to be consistent with your analogy, the “next event” would be the release of her next album, which is what would be eligible to receive her next gold medal. TTPD being #1 week after week gives no benefit to her as an Olympian. 

Putting that aside, no one in the real world gives a shit how long an album/song stays at #1. Only how many #1s you have. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

yes, and? taylor swift is a MF corporation and i stan a capitalist queen 10 steps ahead of every other popular artist in the game.

That goes to show who you really are as a person! But I do hope one day you'll realise it too… and I truly hope you'll find your peace

• Like 1

Just now, DevilsRollTheDice said:

No, but charts are! You're making a false equivalence. Prefer whatever art you like. 

then you're saying that charts don't necessarily equal to skills - while sports (directly) does. the public doesn't play a factor over how a game will play out or if a team is gonna win so comparing them to charts is just dumb. if we wanna go overboard with comparisons, comparing her to a politician trying to win an election through cheap ass tactics would probably make more sense :coffee2:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

You're sick of her but yet here you are and there you have been in every other thread about her.

Edited by TaggedGalaxy

6 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

*looks around at album still #1, tour still #1*

Are you sure babes?

:suburban:

Edited by Gui Blackout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The fact that Charli used to open for her :suburban:

Love Taylor but She just likes to destroy  girls who shaded her in the past :suburban: 

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Ok? And? She's releasing material like she's done in past weeks, for her fans and the public to consume or not. She's not stopping her career cause another artist is releasing that week. There's a new release every week, there's always competition. :michael:

I promise you that Taylor’s career would not stop if she didn’t release first draft memos exclusively in the UK for 24 hours :skull: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.