Taylor drops signed UK photo cards in attempt to block Charli from #1

Thickorita

8 minutes ago, yonsé said:

no. she makes them available for 24 hours only so her fans RUSH to buy it before the clock runs out.

The leftist in me wants to say she's "exploiting her fans" or whatever, but I just can't. Imagine feeling like you have to buy every little thing a billionaire popstar with no quality control puts out.

If you're actually still falling for her tricks, you're a DUMBASS and you deserve to be scammed and possibly placed on a goverment list. Sorry.

:suburban:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

6 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Y'all wouldn't tell a professional football player or an Olympian to make room for someone else or not fight for the top place :deadbanana2:  

I hate being a multiple poster in one thread, but I'm having a glass of wine alone at home so screw it, I have time to waste right now.

This analogy kind of makes no sense (This is not a personal attack, you're not the first one I've seen saying this). An athlete who gets top place (or wins, whatever, I'm a homo) got there because of their skills and because they delivered a good performance. In this case, variants do not equal getting to the top spot because you're necessarily good at your craft.

That's just how I see it, though. Feel free to disagree, I'm open to discussion actually.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DAP said:

I guess the photo cards were all counterfeit

spacer.png

There's like an hour left

lets not jump the gun

11 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Y'all wouldn't tell a professional football player or an Olympian to make room for someone else or not fight for the top place :deadbanana2:  

These are CHARTS, this isn't a best friend gathering. The way people act like Taylor SHOULD roll over and not fight for her number ones or she's not a girls girl on a pop music forum obsessed with charting is giving mental illness. 

You comparing an album to a sport competition is giving mental illness. HOW? LIKE HOW? Isn't she like the biggest artist in the world right now? Doesn't that already mean she's at the top? Or does it mean she has every right to want to be #1 every week of the year pulling tired anthics? 

Y'all are brainwashed and manipulated into thinking this is normal! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Trent W said:

Now that I remember Charli opened for her on the reputation tour in 2018 

Yes, and she said Swifties were less mature than her fans or something like that, so Taylor might be petty about that comment :suburban:

3 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

spacer.png

OMG, GROSS!!!!!!!! :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I agree, resorting to homophobia and all sorts of personal attacks because someone on the internet called mommy swift a greedy capitalist is very concerning. But the parasocial-ness goes both ways indeed.

ezgif-3-d216c904a9.gif.50f5535c9298e22c9aa859343ed9fd0b.thumb.gif.5e9c497c028a447bc2bc5f056af745e3.gif

Same as calling swifties Maga and zionists or Taylor "the Israel of pop". I don't need to tell you how unhinged or disturbed that reaction is over some chart battles.

1 minute ago, Rep2000 said:

Same as calling swifties Maga and zionists or Taylor "the Israel of pop". I don't need to tell you how unhinged or disturbed that reaction is over some chart battles.

But the parasocial-ness goes both ways indeed.

:clack:

23 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The Swiftie sits at his computer in the basement of his parents' home, stacks of TTPD strewn about the room, Beyonce, Kim, Billie and Charli voodoo dolls torn up and tossed on shelves haphazardly next to the shrine of Taylor's AOTY Grammys. He adjusts his purple Speak Now cardigan with stains of sweat since it's the middle of summer, but he can't bear to take off and wash the sweater he spent hours fighting and bidding for with his 3rd maxed out credit card after his first two were used up buying the 18th version of TTPD.

He then pulls out his keyboard, the creaking of the old, rusty desk just barely audible in above the screeches of "BECAUSE I'M MISERABLE!! AND NOBODY EVEN KNOWS!!", a fitting lyric for this scenario. Emboldened by the cries let out by his parasocial queen, he confidently types to the stranger on the internet from his taylor__fan ATRL account: "Grow a personality"

I SCREAMED SO LOUD

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I thought musicians were supposed to be artists, but apparently they're Olympians now? It always does come back to numbers with that fanbase, it seems.

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

19 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

So Taylor is about the charts and not the art. Got it. 

yes, and? taylor swift is a MF corporation and i stan a capitalist queen 10 steps ahead of every other popular artist in the game.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

qQIynOS.gif

Imagine her pulling an Xtina with this

KQhPf.gif

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

:clack:

Yes, indeed it goes both way. 

Now onto the main topic:

Apparently Taylor is not allowed to compete on the charts anymore because "there is room for everyone to have a moment in the sun" ?!?

8 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

You comparing an album to a sport competition is giving mental illness. HOW? LIKE HOW? Isn't she like the biggest artist in the world right now? Doesn't that already mean she's at the top? Or does it mean she has every right to want to be #1 every week of the year pulling tired anthics? 

there is no point in arguing with them. it's kinda sad honestly. deep down you know they see her for what she is and are constantly gaslighting themselves into making excuses for her. i would never do that for a celebrity. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Thankfully I reported those posts before they deleted them and the mods put them on some type of time out so they can stop spamming every taylor thread with their forced meltdowns. #tattletale

imagine calling someone racist and "worst than a zionist" bc they release a variant to "block" another white woman. this is why I can't take a single soul in here serious :ahh:

Edited by BLΔCKP!NK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donquizote said:

Love Taylor, but she really likes to take revenge on pop girls who shaded her in the past :suburban:

The way Lana got away from it because maybe she couldn't care less about Taylor before meeting her :suburban:

13 minutes ago, yonsé said:

what a stupid take.

the music industry is not a sport. there is room for everyone to have a moment in the sun. taylor is just insecure of other female artists who could potentially outshine her (see: Clara_Bow.mp3). charli is having a moment and no one is talking about TTPD right now (despite her being on a massive tour that is making her more than enough money that she'd never have to work again) and yet she's out here hocking iphone voice memos for the cost of a whole album. its egregious because the content is not even good. its the same album with 1 track tacked on. and now theyre not even finished tracks? a voice memo? bffr.

What an idiotic post. 

"Room for everyone to have their moment in the sun." This is a CHART. It is a competition. Not a freebie. If you feel that way, I suggest you stop caring so much about charts. Every artist can absolutely have their moment in the sun by releasing quality music their fans enjoy. You are currently wound up over a CHART which is a ranking. 

Your personal anecdotes about what people are or aren't talking about are worthless for charts. They can matter to you, but you're conflating your personal feels and vibes with something that is an objective competition. Anyone can compete in any way they like.

If it bothers you that much, just listen to the music and don't care about where it lands on Billboard, Official Charts, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 hour ago, Antisocialites said:

Yes, she's an embarrassing, white corporate feminist, greedy capitalist b*tch. And on top of that she's untalented.

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

It does feel like too much ngl but she wants the #1 spot even in the desperation category. What a queen

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

You are talking about charts. A literal ranked list. The definition of a competition. 

Mom I'm tired of this

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.