'The Blair Witch Project' cast hasn't seen financial success from franchise

GraceRandolph

• Like 1

im so happy for them that they are coming together and talking about this! one of the most beloved, iconic and important horror films and they need to be compensated accordingly!

• Like 2

Not even flowers? What a shadier industry the movies are.

• Like 1

The fruit baskets are rather insulting. The way they were treated to maintain the mystery is also appalling. I suppose the production team didn't expect the success but when it happened, they decided to lowball the actors since they were in a rather vulnerable position. 

• Like 4

as a horror fan i never understood the appeal of this movie. i finally watched it last year and it was so boring :rip:

hope they get their bags though 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

as a horror fan i never understood the appeal of this movie. i finally watched it last year and it was so boring :rip:

I remember being 7 watching this and being bored :chick1:

11 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

It's a great movie tbh. Just put yourself in that situation, it's scary as ****. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

It's a great movie tbh. Just put yourself in that situation, it's scary as ****. 

Exactly. You have to open your mind up and imagine it was real, being terrorized for days in the woods. 

OT:

The fact that they starved the actors, made them walk all day in the freeing rain, keep them up all night by making scary noises, and making them wing their dialogue, only to give them a small salary with no royalties from a highly successful film is insulting AF. 

• Thanks 4

fear GIF

the ending still gives me chills just thinking about it tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

from what I've heard, its one of the biggest "you just had to be there" films ever. the marketing, the cinema experience.. it all came together to create the experience, so the film standing alone, especially after the HUGE wave of found footage that came after it, can be rather underwhelming

I personally think it ******* rocks lmao

• Thanks 2

They been talking about that for years. It's upsetting.

Thanks so much for that amazing film though, i love it so much.

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

from what I've heard, its one of the biggest "you just had to be there" films ever. the marketing, the cinema experience.. it all came together to create the experience, so the film standing alone, especially after the HUGE wave of found footage that came after it, can be rather underwhelming

I tend to agree with this. I know it was revolutionary for the "found footage" genre of horror, but I think people only praise it because it was a novel experience when it came out so they have a lot of nostalgia for that era.

As a younger horror fan, I don't think it holds up amazingly, but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Exactly. The controversy surrounding the this film upon the release was like nothing I've ever witnessed. People truly believed it was real footage opening weekend. Going to watch a movie thinking it was actual found footage made people curious and feeling eerie before entering the theater. 

Nowadays, of course the younger generation would think it's dumb cause they know it's fake and the movie doesn't show anything. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Exactly. The controversy surrounding the this film upon the release was like nothing I've ever witnessed. People truly believed it was real footage opening weekend. Going to watch a movie thinking it was actual found footage made people curious and feeling eerie before entering the theater. 

Nowadays, of course the younger generation would think it's dumb cause they know it's fake and the movie doesn't show anything. 

Exactly! I'm '98 so I'm kind of on the curb but I remember the name alone from pop culture. When I eventually watched it, I loved it. The simplicity really lends to it's found footage style and the ending is a banger every time.

And to be on topic, the actors are a big part of the puzzle which makes this movie great and have a legacy at all. The reason people remember the "snot scene" is because Heather is incredible in it. 

Edited by ChapelHooker

I remember the campaign of this movie. It was everywhere and it was so scary lmfao.
I remember as kid thinkin...Oh my god what if the blair witch is in my neighboorhood :emofish:

Hope they get what they deserve. :heart:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

6 hours ago, John Slayne said:

The marketing behind the movie was insane. The internet was just becoming a thing and the directors used that to create fake missing reports as posters they would post online, making people believe the recorded footage from the victims in the film was real.

The Blair Witch project works *specifically* as a product of its time and it's something that cannot be replicated.

16 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

The marketing behind the movie was insane. The internet was just becoming a thing and the directors used that to create fake missing reports as posters they would post online, making people believe the recorded footage from the victims in the film was real.

The Blair Witch project works *specifically* as a product of its time and it's something that cannot be replicated.

Not to mention they even had a popular documentary that aired on TV with the legend behind the Blair Witch and interviewed friends, family, and classmates of the cast. It all just seemed SO real. 

The a few weeks later they revealed it was all part of the marketing. Clever. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.