Florida's ban on gender-affirming medical care for kids ruled unconstitutional!

ZeroSuitBritney

Rare Florida W!

Florida ban on medical treatments for transgender kids struck down by judge

The ban stopped children from receiving puberty blockers and hormone therapy for gender dysphoria.

Florida's restrictions on medical care for transgender children are unconstitutional, a federal judge ruled Tuesday as he struck down a signature priority of Gov. Ron DeSantis.

U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle's decision invalidates much of a 2023 law and rules approved by state boards prohibiting children from accessing medical treatments for gender dysphoria, such as puberty blockers and hormones.

"Florida has adopted a statute and rules that ban gender-affirming care for minors even when medically appropriate," Hinkle wrote in his 105-page order. "The ban is unconstitutional."

Attorneys that represented the transgender plaintiffs argued that the law signed by DeSantis was an act of discrimination and "animus" against transgender people. The state said it was targeting the treatments, not transgender people themselves.

In his ruling, Hinkle said that it was "clear that anti-transgender animus" motivated bill sponsors and some legislators who approved the law.

Read more here! https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2024/06/11/florida-transgender-trans-children-medical-ban-judge-unconstitutional/

:clap3:

• Like 7

This will be appealed to and the ban upheld by SCOTUS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Espresso said:

This will be appealed to and the ban upheld by SCOTUS.

This is why this election is so vitally important. We cannot afford anymore Trump SCOTUS appointees. They've already done enough damage as it is... Another generation of conservative judges would wreck progress for millions of people.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

This is why this election is so vitally important. We cannot afford anymore Trump SCOTUS appointees. They've already done enough damage as it is... Another generation of conservative judges would wreck progress for millions of people.

Well then you should pray Demorats keep control of the Senate, because that is what is needed to stop Trump from appointing more right wing judges (unless a few of the Democratic senators side with Republicans in the voting, because let's be honest, would that surprise anyone?). Because it's not looking good for Biden in the general election.

35 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Well then you should pray Demorats keep control of the Senate, because that is what is needed to stop Trump from appointing more right wing judges (unless a few of the Democratic senators side with Republicans in the voting, because let's be honest, would that surprise anyone?). Because it's not looking good for Biden in the general election.

Even if we're able to block Trump's appointees, that's better than nothing. You'd better vote blue down the ballot and hope enough people understand the seriousness of this election. I live in a swing state and am doing my part. Biden has appointment tons of lifetime judges, and I'll take more Ketanji Brown Jackson's any day over more Amy Coney Barret's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Even if we're able to block Trump's appointees, that's better than nothing. You'd better vote blue down the ballot and hope enough people understand the seriousness of this election. I live in a swing state and am doing my part. Biden has appointment tons of lifetime judges, and I'll take more Ketanji Brown Jackson's any day over more Amy Coney Barret's.

Don't worry about me! I'll be voting for Jill Stein, a proud Jewish woman willing to get arrested alongside anti genocide protestors of every race and religion. Sorry I won't be able to vote for Biden, especially after he helped facilitate a genocide against 40,000 of my people with no end in sight. Maybe write him an email to do better? :kiss:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

10 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Don't worry about me! I'll be voting for Jill Stein, a proud Jewish woman willing to get arrested alongside anti genocide protestors of every race and religion. Sorry I won't be able to vote for Biden, especially after he helped facilitate a genocide against 40,000 of my people with no end in sight. Maybe write him an email to do better? :kiss:

So you're a one issue voter... And willing to let a literal fascist win the general by voting third party so Trump can sign away gay marriage, environmental protections, civil rights, voting rights, etc... Did you do this when 500k Syrians were as slaughtered in the civil war? What about the Uhygur genocide currently being committed by China? Biden cannot be blamed for Israel's crimes when he is not in charge of their military.

All because you think voting for Jill Stein will do something for the Palestinians? It won't do ****. Allowing Trump to win hurts the Palestinians more.

So save me the moral outcry. You haven't a moral bone in your body if you're willing to throw every minority under the bus for one issue.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

So you're a one issue voter... And willing to let a literal fascist win the general by voting third party so Trump can sign away gay marriage, environmental protections, civil rights, voting rights, etc... Did you do this when 500k Syrians were as slaughtered in the civil war? What about the Uhygur genocide currently being committed by China? Biden cannot be blamed for Israel's crimes when he is not in charge of their military.

All because you think voting for Jill Stein will do something for the Palestinians? It won't do ****. Allowing Trump to win hurts the Palestinians more.

So save me the moral outcry. You haven't a moral bone in your body if you're willing to throw every minority under the bus for one issue.

"You're a one issue voter" you're a freaking psychopath. That's literally my country. Those are my people experiencing a GENOCIDE which Biden could have ended months ago by stopping weapon and arm sales to them. It's not complicated. Go cry some more. Look in the mirror when accusing anyone of not having a moral bone in their body, especially since my people have been experience terror at the hands of Israel and American complicity for decades. Now piss off and go campaign for Biden in your swing state. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

"You're a one issue voter" you're a freaking psychopath. That's literally my country. Those are my people experiencing a GENOCIDE which Biden could have ended months ago by stopping weapon and arm sales to them. It's not complicated. Go cry some more. Look in the mirror when accusing anyone of not having a moral bone in their body, especially since my people have been experience terror at the hands of Israel and American complicity for decades. Now piss off and go campaign for Biden in your swing state. 

Wow, you totally won me over. Good job!

Not.

Good luck getting people to support your cause with that nasty attitude and personal insults.

No, you don't have a moral bone in your body if you're willing to let Trump turn Gaza into a parking lot. And I'll keep saying it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

41 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

You're a Hillary Clinton supporter. You have no room to lecture anyone about the importance of caring for trans children after she previously tried to throw trans people under the bus and was proven to be political idiot she has always been -

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Good luck getting people to support your cause with that nasty attitude and personal insults.

How did we get here? Please go through our exchange again. If I'm looking at it correctly, YOU are the one who started with the nasty attitude and personal insults toward me (which was in a response toward me saying my people are experiencing a genocide, which you have not shown any compassion or sadness for either here or previously anywhere else). Don't dish it if you can't take it, babe. 

So maybe YOU should take your own advise and check yourself and your nasty attitude (and your interaction history) before coming for others simply for saying they aren't voting for your lord and savior. Maybe if you do that, more people would be open to supporting your cause of voting for Joe Biden!

By the way, morally, it looks a lot more understandable to accuse someone of having a nasty attitude for looking over a genocide (especially when they come in insulting a person who's country is experiencing said genocide) than accusing someone for simply not voting for Biden because of his complicity in said genocide (whether you want to admit he has any sort of complicity is up to you).

Blue MAGA, folks

:clack:

Edited by ZeroSuitBritney
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

How did we get here? Please go through our exchange again. If I'm looking at it correctly, YOU are the one who started with the nasty attitude and personal insults toward me (which was in a response toward me saying my people are experiencing a genocide, which you have not shown any compassion or sadness for either here or previously anywhere else). Don't dish it if you can't take it, babe. 

So maybe YOU should take your own advise and check yourself and your nasty attitude (and your interaction history) before coming for others simply for saying they aren't voting for your lord and savior. Maybe if you do that, more people would be open to supporting your cause of voting for Joe Biden!

By the way, morally, it looks a lot more understandable to accuse someone of having a nasty attitude for looking over a genocide (especially when they come in insulting a person who's country is experiencing said genocide) than accusing someone for simply not voting for Biden because of his complicity in said genocide (whether you want to admit he has any sort of complicity is up to you).

Blue MAGA, folks

If my comment was a "nasty attitude", so be it, it's the truth. You're willing to throw minorities and the enviornment under the bus over a single issue. A single issue that is complicated and involves crimes from all parties involved, not only Israel.

Forgive me for wanting the right to be married to whoever I choose. I guess that's too much to ask now for the far left. Who's the blue MAGA here? Because one of us is voting to preserve the freedoms laid out in the thread you literally made, and you are not. :sorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Blue MAGA will never understand there's no crime that's worse than genocide, regardless of what Trump does or does not do. It's giving "I'm fine with Biden funding Israel until 2 million people are dead, as long as I can find someone who would eventually want to marry me because I have morals unlike people not voting for either of two candidates who support a genocide!"

And yes agreed, crimes from all parties involved, including Joe Biden. 

Edited by ZeroSuitBritney
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.