Racist football fans sentenced to 8 months in prison after Vinicius Jr. attack

Virgos Groove

A court in Valencia, Spain, has ordered eight month prison sentences for three men who made racist remarks and gestures toward Real Madrid star Vinícius Jr. at a La Liga match against Valencia CF at the Mestalla Stadium in May 2023.

The convicted men will also face two-year stadium bans for all Spanish soccer matches and have been ordered to pay court costs associated with the case.

"This is the first conviction of its kind to be handed down in Spain, following a case brought before the courts by LaLiga, which was joined by the RFEF (Royal Spanish Football Federation), Real Madrid and, in recent weeks, the victim himself, Vinícius Jr.," La Liga said in a statement.

In a post on social media, Brazilian superstar Vinícius Jr. said: "Many asked me to ignore it, many others said that my fight was in vain and that I should just 'play football.' But as I've always said I'm not a victim of racism. I am a tormentor of racists. This first criminal conviction in the history of Spain is not for me. It's for all Black people.

"May other racists be afraid, ashamed and hide in the shadows. Otherwise, I'll be here to get you. Thank you to La Liga and Real Madrid for helping with this historic conviction."

CNN

About time racism in European football starts being properly addressed. May those bigots rot in prison. :clap3:

Any football stan should go to prison, just because.

• Haha 3

:clap3:take out the racist trash :clap3:

And they (the European ATRLERS) said racism only happens in America :clown:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

:clap3:take out the racist trash :clap3:

And they (the European ATRLERS) said racism only happens in America :clown:

What?

:rip:

Even the most delusional European ATRL'er can't deny the racism across Europe, especially with all the right-wing governments popping up (sadly, even in Western Europe now). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.