Charlie Puth's China TV performance canceled over pro-Israel backlash.

drsouchan

1 hour ago, Auraeolux said:

I mean China is pro-genocide in their own right when  it comes to their current campaign of persecution against uyghur muslims. They even have them in concentration camps. Let's not give them too much credit. No one is a good party in this situation.

Why are people disliking this.. it's literally the truth. China are not pro-palestine, they are just anti-west. 

uyghur muslims are forced to work in labor camps meanwhile we have people in here saying "common china w!"

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Auraeolux said:

I mean China is pro-genocide in their own right when  it comes to their current campaign of persecution against uyghur muslims. They even have them in concentration camps. Let's not give them too much credit. No one is a good party in this situation.

Yeah, but caring about the Uyghurs does not get you as many social media credit points as caring about Palestinians so they do not care.

• Haha 1

I can always trust China :clap3:

China ate with this one :clap3:

2 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

I am looking at the original Sina Weibo "tweet" and I think Charlie's Puth nickname in China is 断眉 (Duan Mei). 断 Duan = broken, split and 眉 Mei = eyebrow, and of course, that eyebrow of his is the single most noticeable feature he has.

"Singer 2024", from what I have read online, is an incredibly difficult singing reality competition because singers have to rely on pure vocals (and no accompaniments whatsoever) to impress the audience. Foreign singers have been invited to compete and some of them have beaten the homegrown singers.

There was some discussion on this a few years back on ATRL Classic, and I am pretty sure Charlie's family is pro-Trump, and Charlie himself probably might have voted Trump at least once. Charlie being pro-Israel won't surprise me.

He is. Or at least his family is. His old Facebook had a bunch of pro-Trump links and gross comments from family members about Muslims. 

• Thanks 2

Taylors praise makes sense now.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Auraeolux said:

The issue is that America and the West's hypocrisy on Israel undercuts and discredits concerns over human rights abuses in China. 

Palestine has revealed itself as the defining issue because it has become the most succinct in Western cruelty and double standards. 

If America doesn't think ethnic cleansing, indiscriminate bombing, and apartheid constitute genocide, then how can the world find urgency and credibility in their concern when claiming a "cultural genocide" (a valid concern) is occuring over China remodeling mosques to look more historically Chinese or increasing authoritarian measures in its security state? There isn't to say this isn't evidence of China's human rights abuses. Of course there's evidence. But It's also playing dumb to pretend to not get why the West's enabling of a genocide in real-time sucks the air out of the room for any other issues. 

We have drawings and alleged testimony of mistreatment of ethnic minorities within the Chinese security state, and America urging that such is a credible global concern, but then the same voices see 4K HD photos and videos of Palestinian children with their hands blown off, or beheaded Paleatinian toddlers, or Israel soldiers literally filming themselves dancing with Palestinian civilians tied up in isolated prison camps....and the powers that be say none of this is real. President Biden publicly doubts globally recognized death tolls and lies about photos of beheaded Israeli babies that end up never existing. 

It'd even be incorrect to call China anti-west. They're simply historically non-involved in global affairs. But what is happening on the Chinese internet is also happening even in the internet of Israeli allies like India and the rest of the Global South. The gravity of the West's hypocrisy in enabling and defending Israel's actions is eroding any credibility the West has to claim itself as having interest in global human rights. The international rules based order is evaporating. Who cares what a country says on human rights when it let's its allies bomb hospitals and refugee camps and schools filled with children? What credibility would they have to stand on?

Anyone frustrated that what Israel is doing to the Palestinians is taking up so much room in the global conversation should simply redirect their ire to the Western leaders of the world for allowing the modern state of global norms to be shattered to protect Israel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's pro-Israel? This weirdly doesn't surprise me

ETpOvmrUMAAIP6P.jpg

7 hours ago, Yog said:

@Into The Void umm 🤨 

He's never posted anything pro Israel it's all a bunch of hearsay

I dare anyone to find a pro Israel post by Charlie

Edited by Into The Void

Free West Philippines Seas. :clap3:

Free Taiwan. :clap3:

7 hours ago, Espresso said:

is this a direct translation :rip: 

And I'm assuming first-line is their version of "A List"

He is A-list in Asia

11 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Since when is China suddenly anti-genocide and ethnic cleansing here? :rip:

For decades sweets, unlike the U.S.A. which has vetoed every chance of Palestine's statehood, China has always been there. China has dragged the U.S.A on their war crimes and sent weapons to Israel for the escalation of  genocide. Xi has always stood in solidarity with Palestine.

11 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

He's a zionist? :biblio:

He's Jewish. 8 out of 10 Jews are Zionists. There's a high probability that he is. 

Edit: internets claim to have the proof. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopnoir/s/TCmE6Z05YM

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/charlie-puth-zionist-stray-kids-collab-boycott/

Edited by Horizon Flame

1 hour ago, Horizon Flame said:

He's Jewish. 8 out of 10 Jews are Zionists. There's a high probability that he is. 

Edit: internets claim to have the proof. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopnoir/s/TCmE6Z05YM

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/charlie-puth-zionist-stray-kids-collab-boycott/

Charlie actually doesn't claim to be Jewish  even though he is lol

• Confused 1

Taylor should have distanced herself from him :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.