• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• Rep2000

• YR.

• NEX

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

watching the same weekly posts from y'all trying to defend her while trying to cope with the fact that she keeps cheapening her brand is even more hillarious tbh 

stephm.png

You keep having the same meltdown week after week, ma'am. I promise you there's better things for you to focus on than the biggest artist in the world, who is in the middle of the biggest tour of all time and recently released the biggest album of the year, supposedly "cheapening her brand". Let's say you're right and her "brand is cheapening". Then... what? Do you think the Grammys unfortunately won't give her a 5th AOTY? Do you think she'll stall at the record-breaking 785 awards she already has won and will stop being nominated and winning going forward? Do you think her fans will suddenly not want to attend her concerts anymore? That people are gonna stop listening to her music in mass? Let's think this through here! 

:ryan3: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, WokeEqualist said:

I love her so much but she needs to stop. At least release a brand new throwaway song or feature someone on some album track, not an "acoustic" version of an already existing song with the same exact vocals as the standard version

Wait what? Is this true?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgechxng said:

watching the same weekly posts from y'all trying to defend her while trying to cope with the fact that she keeps cheapening her brand is even more hillarious tbh 

stephm.png

I'm sure even with a cheapened brand, Taylor's image will never be that tarnished that her albums leave the Billboard album chart in under 70 weeks. I could give you 30 examples of artists whose brand is that devalued and who you can worry about first, before you think about Taylor.

stephm.png

• Haha 1

Idk why a beautiful gowns typa singer focusing on acoustics. Imagine if she had beyonce vocals ☠️.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

She really embodies the strike the iron while it's hot mantra seriously. 

I don't what's more embarrassing: Lover era Taylor (which I personally loved) or TTPD era Taylor.. :laugh:

She's over here trying to force another Reputation era when people just naturally aren't f*cking with what she's trying to do. At least when the original Rep came out she was in a completely different state of her career and she was viewed as more innocent in all the beef. With this it's just forced. :deadbanana2:

Like girl you are NOT a victim to the Pop Game, the Media Game, or the Culture. Pleeeeaassee stop trying to convince people otherwise.

• Thanks 3

So how many CD and how many vinyls variants are there already?

Confused Thinking GIF

I joked about there being 40 different physical variants in another thread, but I might have underestimated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Ready to buy variant 100 from her. Not buying anything before that

:suburban:

Oh Mother Meghan really is the music industry the way she has capiTaylist scrambling like this :WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP:

we may not be poets… we may not be in a department…. but we are indeed TORTURED 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

giphy.webp

2 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

I joked about there being 40 different physical variants in another thread, but I might have underestimated.

This tweet is so weirdo coded. So Taylor Swift is as big and as an equivalent of a religion now?
"Spiritually abused"!?! Because she just releases acoustic songs?! So, so weirdo.

• Confused 1

im sorry but despite her fans trying to argue that she's only doing her job by promoting her work, this is NOT normal :rip:

someone as big and famous as her shouldn't have to release multiple versions of her album every single week for two whole months. this is beyond pathetic

Edited by Windy Day
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The thots are really losing it. 
don't buy it if you don't want to. 

She has done it before cause the fans want it. 
And some fans want it. Boo hoo.

Go waste your energy on something else. Honestly.

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

This tweet is so weirdo coded. So Taylor Swift is as big and as an equivalent of a religion now?
"Spiritually abused"!?! Because she just releases acoustic songs?! So, so weirdo.

The language of this tweet is doing too much but the sentiment is true. Taylor's team have positioned listening to TVs and buying these extra versions as a moral and ethical way to support her art because she was wronged, and positioned supporting her music as a moral act because it's seen to support other women and the female experience. There's a lot of scholarship about how fandoms have replaced religion for young people in the Anglosphere and Taylor-worship has become to a point of religious fervor the same way Beatlemania and MJ were. 

• Like 6

All these variants for a horrible album is hilarious. I played it once when it first came out as background music and there was no interesting production, nothing memorable at all.

• Like 4

Mental illness, literally :skull:

What is even more sad is her cult trying to defend this grown ass woman.

However, not as sad as knowing this woman will NEVER be pleased and is constantly living in a permanent state of misery, insecurity, unsatisfaction and unfullfilment:sistrens:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rep2000 said:

I thought the swifties were experts at decoding clues. :celestial5:

But I don't think this is specifically about releasing acoustic songs. He seems to be saying it's like being in a cult, where the followers are always being asked to prove their devotion.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, NEX said:

Despite its current success, this album will be very damaging to her career long term (especially as a follow up to Midnights) and her weekly sales tricks are only adding to that.

The funniest thing I've read her in the past week. :rofl:

No one, and I repeat no one cares for these variants outside of niche online stan circles, and they never were the driving force of her career.

People called Taylor out when she strategically shipped 'folklore' CDs to stay #1, or when she sold magazine editions for 'reputation', or when she went overboard with song remixes to push "willow" and "Anti-Hero" to #1… yet none of these things had any damage on her career in any real-world capacity.

14 hours ago, NEX said:

Drake went from releasing quality albums to dropping mindless playlists just to game the charts/get more cash. Slowly fewer and fewer people started tuning in for his newer albums. The same thing will easily happen to Taylor if she's not careful. Diluting your art is never a good idea no matter how successful you may be at any exact moment. 

The same thing will happen to Taylor regardless of quality. It's called the natural progression of a career that's pushing 20 years already. Everyone can agree that Beyoncé's recent albums are of very high standard quality-wise. Yet it didn't stop them from getting less attention and sales/streams than her albums from the 2010s. Fewer people will tune in for her newer albums, because just like Drake, Beyoncé, Madonna, Springsteen or every other major artist who was 10+ albums deep into their careers before her, Taylor will simply age out of the prime pop star years.

Edited by Feanor

im sorry but this is screaming desperate, no other pop girlie would do this

Another multi page THOTS circle jerk hate thread over something insignificant :bibliahh:

• Like 1

Swifties trying to justify her greediness :bibliahh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

No one, and I repeat no one cares for these variants

Well, I do. She really put me off with this album and these tactics. She definitely put off a lot of casual fans on this forum as well. 

And the mood in the album thread is also very somber with many swifties being very displeased with what's happening, while the crazy ones try to quash the dissent and hype the mood up by pretending that everything is fine and the album is god's gift to humanity. And the rest of you just deflect or mock people, cause you can't find any reasonable excuses to justify this behaviour. There is NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY about manufacturing a whole ass cd just to tuck a fake accoustic track at the end of it and selling it as something valuable that fans might want to collect. 

• Like 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.