'Practical Magic 2' in the works at WB | Bullock & Kidman to return for sequel

Gossip_Boy

Edited by Gossip_Boy

I hope it's Sandra and Nicole still. I love the original

• Like 2

Hopefully with Sandra & Nicole coming back :mazen:

Sandra Bullock & Nicole Kidman better sign on! I don't know how a sequel would work... but I am HERE for it!!

Why are they making a sequel to a flop film 25+ years later?

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Same could have been said for Hocus Pocus. 🤷

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Flop? It's one of the best movies of all time. :biblio: 

Get Stevie Nicks to do the music again. :alexz:

OMG YAAAAASSSSS 

14 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Same could have been said for Hocus Pocus. 🤷

The original Hocus Pocus made its budget back and is an actual cult classic. It has become one of the top streamed movies around Halloween.
The same cannot be said for Practical Magic

11 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Flop? It's one of the best movies of all time. :biblio: 

The original flopped at the box office and was trashed by critics.
jrAroca.gif

sandra and nicole returning ok i'll be seated then

Yasssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I remember doing the magic she did to craft the one with things from my garden :gaycat7:

But i thought Sandra retired? 

Yesss tho wish she's coming back

41 minutes ago, Assassin said:

The original Hocus Pocus made its budget back and is an actual cult classic. It has become one of the top streamed movies around Halloween.

The original Hocus Pocus notoriously is known for bombing at the Box Office, and, truthfully: Practical Magic made more at the Box Office in the end. Practical Magic earned $68.3 million in the B.O. and Hocus Pocus earned $50.7 million (so of course it made its lesser budget back). People forget Hocus Pocus did not perform well in theaters, and it wasn't until Disney Channel and other Disney-affiliated networks began airing the film during the Halloween season. Plus, Practical Magic opened at number-one, while Hocus Pocus opened at number-four, and both films are highly-sought after during the Halloween season.

And before someone says it: I love both films, I really do, and watch all-times of the year.

Edited by livelikemusic

49 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

The original Hocus Pocus notoriously is known for bombing at the Box Office, and, truthfully: Practical Magic made more at the Box Office in the end. Practical Magic earned $68.3 million in the B.O. and Hocus Pocus earned $50.7 million (so of course it made its lesser budget back). People forget Hocus Pocus did not perform well in theaters, and it wasn't until Disney Channel and other Disney-affiliated networks began airing the film during the Halloween season. Plus, Practical Magic opened at number-one, while Hocus Pocus opened at number-four, and both films are highly-sought after during the Halloween season.

And before someone says it: I love both films, I really do, and watch all-times of the year.

Practical Magic also ended up losing more money than Hocus Pocus, which actually made its budget back and then some.
And I don't know about "highly sought after during Halloween season" when (like I said) I have never seen Practical Magic on the streaming charts.

Edited by Assassin
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Assassin said:

Practical Magic also ended up losing more money than Hocus Pocus 2, which actually made its budget back and then some.
And I don't know about "highly sought after during Halloween season" when (like I said) I have never seen Practical Magic on the streaming charts.

You're now comparing a theatrical release in the 1990's to a streaming film in modern day? That's... something. And you're acting as if Practical Magic failed to make anything against its budget.

This movie does not need a sequel. 

34 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

You're now comparing a theatrical release in the 1990's to a streaming film in modern day? That's... something. And you're acting as if Practical Magic failed to make anything against its budget.

typo, that was supposed to say just Hocus Pocus, not 2.

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

The original flopped at the box office and was trashed by critics.
jrAroca.gif

Critics aren't always right, Hocus Pocus was trashed by critics too, as are many female lead movies that are good. 

Hopefully they do come back, didn't Sandra say she is taking a long break though? 

2 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

Sandra Bullock & Nicole Kidman better sign on! I don't know how a sequel would work... but I am HERE for it!!

The book the original movie is based on already has a sequel (and 2 prequels) so they could just adapt that. It's about the Owens sisters, their aunts, and daughters travelling to Europe to try to break the love curse from the original movie/book. I read it a few years ago on Halloween and enjoyed it.

• Thanks 2

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gossip_Boy said:

Oh, that's exciting! Just hoping current CGI is not relied upon. The realism of the first film is what worked so well.

Seen an interview on TikTok of Nicole saying they are both back. So excited for this :jonnycat:

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.