What is the quintessential Madonna tour?

Josh

Madonna has never had a bad tour imo; but what would you consider her quintessential tour, that everyone loves and consider her GOAT?

Confessions

Posted (edited)

Every Madonnas tour has something I like about them.

But my favorites are (in chronological order)

The Virgin Tour - there is something really special about this. Madonna and her two dancers, "home made" costumes, the lust in her eyes for fame

Who's That Girl World Tour -  her first world tour, cemented her as an international phenomenon. You can still see the playfulness but there is level professionalism and attitude. Pure 80s.

Drowned World Tour -  Madonnas first tour after 7 year, I love the different sections of the show. The Geisha part is my favorite, Sky Fits Heaven acrobatic dance/fight scenes are amazing.

Confessions Tour -  I was lucky enough to see this as young teenager and I really think this show became a blueprint for production for the tours of many artist later

The MDMA Tour - the staging, production, costumes and choreography is amazing. The Opening is my second favorite after Confessions

However also impact of The Blond Ambition tour is indisputable, despite not being my fav

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1

Blonde and Confessions :jonny5:

• Thanks 1

Blond Ambition

Posted (edited)

The Blonde Ambition tour still gets referenced to this day and is the most influential female concert. Doja's Coachella intro recently paid tribute to it. Also everytime a popstar puts a bed on stage. Elements of Gaga's tours remind me of Blonde Ambition too. I was blown away the first time time I was the final concert. It's a shame we don't have the entire concert in HD. In terms of concert film Confessions is definitely in a league of its own though. 

Edited by SharGaga
  • Like 3

Blonde Ambition

…but Girlie Show is my personal favorite! 

• Like 1

Celebration encapsulates them all tbh

However personally it's The Girlie Show for the win.

Re-Invention Tour.

The quintessential M tour has got to be Blonde Ambition. I mean, that show pretty much invented the "concert tour" as we know it today. I'd argue Confessions is up there too. 

But personally speaking, as much as I love those two (and saw the latter!), I've always thought The Girlie Show to be vastly underrated.

Blond Ambition, but Confessions is my personal favorite. :heart2:

4 hours ago, VegasBaby3000 said:

Blonde Ambition

…but Girlie Show is my personal favorite! 

Agree wholeheartedly

Predictable answer but Blond Ambition. It's the one your faves keep copying to this day.

It will always be Blond Ambition, it's just that iconic. But if someone is being introduced to her stuff you can also suggest Confessions first, since that is her best and encompasses 2 decades of music.

The Confessions Tour is peak pop Madonna for me. A polished and streamlined, yet joyful spectacle.

I also have a soft spot for the MDNA Tour as that Madonna era was the first one I experienced in real time. The MDNA iteration of Vogue is the ultimate version for me:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.