The Black Keys fire managers after cancelling flop tour: "We got f*cked."

SoldierofLove

Posted (edited)

Back in May, the Ohio band announced that they would be cancelling every date on their planned arena tour of North America. Fans speculated this was due to low ticket sales and high prices, which made touring on such a scale financially unrewarding. The tour, scheduled to begin in September, was set to visit major cities across the US, including Austin, Seattle and Atlanta, with ticket prices ranging from $100 to $300 before Ticketmaster fees.

Following controversy among fans regarding the exorbitant ticket prices, the band has now announced that it will part with its current management team. A new report from The New York Times detailing a rise in high-profile cancellations noted that The Black Keys had recently fired their managers, Irving Azoff and Steve Moir.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-black-keys-fire-managers-arena-tour-cancellation/

May these expensive tours continue to flop and get cancelled so ticket prices decrease.

:khalyan:

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

$100-300 is honestly not that bad compared to so many others

I looked it up and they booked arenas they probably should've done theatres instead

Edited by Into The Void
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

I like that one song that they have. the one with the cool guitar riff :jamming:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

I like that one song that they have. the one with the cool guitar riff :jamming:

I used to be a fan of them but imagine that song your talking about (which is a great song) but reworked worse and worse each time and that's most of their catalog :rip:

• Like 1

I hate that they sold all their good songs to car commercials and various #ads :shakeno:

Mess

Oh isn't this that group where one produced Lana's UV album and the other married (then cheated on) Michelle Branch?

They have a decent following but yeah not enough for arenas and those prices :rip: management deserves the sacking 

8 hours ago, Into The Void said:

$100-300 is honestly not that bad compared to so many others

I looked it up and they booked arenas they probably should've done theatres instead

in what world is this price level ok? Like, no-one should be paying more than £100 AT BEST for the highest priced ticket wtf

It's just greed from the artists/their management team and the ticket selling websites. It really pisses me off, specially as some bands are charching these prices without actual live band or much production. It's a ******* scam.

• Thanks 1

Concert ticket prices have been out of control. This will continue happening until they get it together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

I used to be a fan of them but imagine that song your talking about (which is a great song) but reworked worse and worse each time and that's most of their catalog :rip:

I meant Tighten Up. Although I've also heard Lonely Boy and Howlin' For You on the radio and they're also nice. 

6 hours ago, Mr.X said:

in what world is this price level ok? Like, no-one should be paying more than £100 AT BEST for the highest priced ticket wtf

It's just greed from the artists/their management team and the ticket selling websites. It really pisses me off, specially as some bands are charching these prices without actual live band or much production. It's a ******* scam.

In my country the cheapest tickets in an arena, you know the ones all the way up in the stratosphere, are $150 each. This has doubled since pre-Covid but concert goers have kinda just gotten used to it. :chick3:

8 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

I meant Tighten Up. Although I've also heard Lonely Boy and Howlin' For You on the radio and they're also nice. 

Tighten Up is sooooo good :WAP: it's their best song with Gold on the Ceiling being a close runner-up imo

yeahhhh I feel like they haven't evolved since then though lol

• Like 2

I have loved watching all these music acts see touring prices skyrocket with huge artists like Beyonce and Taylor and think they can do the same :skull: Even smaller acts that sell insane usually are capitalizing on some recent viral rise in fame. They are just some random nostalgia act not even that high demand in with that coming out of no where

The colored unlocking mechanism fired their management team. I'm not a fan of their manager, BUT it was the band that thought they could sell out stadiums and arenas. Their big heads couldn't fathom they are not popular any longer so they blamed the management team.

The blind item that was believed to be them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.