Jay Z helps Republicans in defunding public schools

SmittenCake

9 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I don't see anything wrong with this.

How is there nothing wrong in defunding public schools so that kids can get "scholarships" for private schools? They are turning money that is supposed to be an expense to help public schools into income for private schools. They should put more effort into building up the public schools because the students who weren't lucky enough to get scholarships will be left with an underfunded education.

the goal is always profit

• Thanks 4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• SmittenCake

• LegaMyth

• Raiden

Of course. What else can you expect from The Carters?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I don't see anything wrong with this.

School vouchers are always evil. That's what this is. This money is being taken out of the public school system and being given to private schools which guts the public schools and leaves those unable to afford the private schools locked out. What he's supporting sounds like its good but when you read into what its actually doing, you realize that all this does is hurt poor families who already have unequal access to education. all this does is create more profit for private schools.

Edited by Mr. Mendes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Sensationalism. No smoke for clown rappers begging to sell liquor on capitol Hill. If Philadelphia schools can go bankrupt over $100 million going towards stipends for students 250% below the poverty line. Well... Why aren't the articles disclosing how Jay is closing the gap with an extra $200 million? He's helping them not take so much money out the school system. 

Im so tired of stans trying to play ethics committee while hyping up clowns shouting free Palestine and tweeting about it ONCE. 

Edited by Dreajae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

This is a pretty complex topic involving an ATRL darling, so I'm sure most people here will ignore it altogether even though they are quick to offer bold and full-throated criticisms of other celebrities whom they perceive to be falling short in terms of advocacy for their personal pet causes

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Are people angry about this? Or just don't like Beyoncé and forcing their opinions on here? It's pretty hard to tell with Atrl. A place where political topics become about stanning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

Of course. What else can you expect from The Carters?

You're a fan of Taylor Swift who dated a Nazi and stayed silent during the 2016 election and later spoke up when people thought she was a Republican so stfu and stop acting like your fave is a better person

eras-tour-bad-dancing.gif

Edited by Queenyoncee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

31 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

How is there nothing wrong in defunding public schools so that kids can get "scholarships" for private schools? They are turning money that is supposed to be an expense to help public schools into income for private schools. They should put more effort into building up the public schools because the students who weren't lucky enough to get scholarships will be left with an underfunded education.

the goal is always profit

And on top of that, the money to private "schools" goes to religious schools who are homophobic and have the right to expel gay kids + families if it's against their fake "religion," and there is no consequence for this. It's all a grift/loophole for religious whackos. 

This is disappointing if true.

• Like 2

Defunding public education is never okay.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cesar said:

the way him and his wife have been getting away with their performance activism for so long

Exactly! We won't stand for it anymore!!!

39 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

You're a fan of Taylor Swift who dated a Nazi and stayed silent during the 2016 election and later spoke up when people thought she was a Republican so stfu and stop acting like your fave is a better person

eras-tour-bad-dancing.gif

At least she doesn't marry pedophile murderers who cheat on her every other weekend...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 6

I just know he has no idea what he is supporting. He just heard give money to kids for school and it sounds good to him 💀

• Thumbs Down 1

Billionaire things, none of them are ethical :coffee2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I just know he has no idea what he is supporting. He just heard give money to kids for school and it sounds good to him 💀

Is Jay-Z an ultra successful billionaire businessman or an idiot who doesn't know what he's supporting? He can't be both. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

There is a person called Jeffrey YASS :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

but LeMoNaDe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted (edited)

The way liberals and moderates are still trying to frame charter and private schools as some progressive, equitable option when their existence is at odds with equality in education. :rip:

Private education in itself should be abolished. There's no way to promote social cohesion and a collective society if there's no uniform, shared experience of public education. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Okay, I've done a little research. This may piss some people off, but this is my opinion. As someone who grew up in a horriblely rough neighborhood and had to deal with a school system that was worse than Philadelphia's, I am PERSONALLY not mad at this idea.I'm thinking of the long-run. Giving money to fix up Public schools in rough neighborhoods will take DECADES of work to fix and policy changes by the government. Also, we have to consider the mentalities at home.

I went to rough schools in Detroit that was full of violence, no money for ANY trips, grown men waiting outside to attack high schoolers, teachers that pass you just for showing up, no school buses for students, no heat in the winter, sometimes no air the hot summer, unhealthy school lunches, gang violence, violent homophobia, and attention only giving to athletes. During my 8th and 9th grade years, I was able to experience education from more wealthier schools. There is a HUGE difference. If the voucher will allow students from disadvantaged household to get the same education as students from wealthy families, I STAND BY THAT DECISION.

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, LegaMyth said:

Okay, I've done a little research. This may piss some people off, but this is my opinion. As someone who grew up in a horriblely rough neighborhood and had to deal with a school system that was worse than Philadelphia's, I am PERSONALLY not mad at this idea.I'm thinking of the long-run. Giving money to fix up Public schools in rough neighborhoods will take DECADES of work to fix and policy changes by the government. Also, we have to consider the mentalities at home.

I went to rough schools in Detroit that was full of violence, no money for ANY trips, grown men waiting outside to attack high schoolers, teachers that pass you just for showing up, no school buses for students, no heat in the winter, sometimes no air the hot summer, unhealthy school lunches, gang violence, violent homophobia, and attention only giving to athletes. During my 8th and 9th grade years, I was able to experience education from more wealthier schools. There is a HUGE difference. If the voucher will allow students from disadvantaged household to get the same education as students from wealthy families, I STAND BY THAT DECISION.

So should every kid in a rough area get a school voucher to go to another district? If so, then this idea leads to schools being shut down and other schools being overwhelmed by a massive influx of students, with students without reliable transportation getting hurt the most. There is no systemic defense for school vouchers as a policy as scale. The simplest and better solution is to just stop public schools from being funded based on local property tax. This stupid design makes rich neighborhoods have super well-funded schools while poor neighborhoods struggle to keep the lights on because the amount of tax revenue to fund them is tied to the property tax amount of the neighborhood around them. 

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Okay to make the problem easy to get,

Republicans' general goal is to shut down public schools and shutter the US Dept of Education. 

HOW they've been straining the system is by providing vouches and public funds for vouchers for "low income students" to attend these charter/private schools.

Also, influencing gov to spend less on public schools and claim the demand is now at charter/private schools, so take the funding over there. 

The underlying darkness is that tuitions are inflated as hell, enrollment is HIGHLY limited, the curriculums can be shady and even outright indoctrinate kids into being Republican Christians, they kick black kids out for very random reasons like hair styles, and all those millions only enroll a small amount of kids + gets pocketed by admin anyways. Not to mention 9/10 times the Republicans' family and friends run those schools, so it's all kickbacks and amassing wealth. 

Public school is an equalizer and taking that away would have unheard damage on society. Americans are already very slow, we don't need less public schools.

(Also, there's a whole layer of how public schools in lower income areas means the government has to fund/support those areas. With no schools, no development, and nothing in those areas, the gov doesn't need to fund it and those areas get more and more dangerous, uneducated, dirty, etc. That has a rolling negative effect for an entire state.)

Edited by Flare
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Disgusting as hell. And he and his wife acted like a cool couple of democracy. A family of Fake activism. A business move in showcase.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Bless his heart

GPe6esZWYAItUtc?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

Disgusting 

• Thanks 1

disgusting but not surprising. this country hates public services and its sickening to witness. the money should be going to public schools so that all kids have a decent education

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.