Matty Healy says TTPD is "hilarious", relationship with Taylor wasn't "ever serious"

Burn

She just dates men to write songs. The GP was right 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• The7thStranger

• I Melt Away

• Burn

Not him clowning her back, he really said:

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me Mean Girls GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, réveuse said:

Why are people devaluing their relationship and his bigoted comments? We have to and have been calling those two out. If you date a racist, you're racist. Both Taylor and Matty are racist misogynistic bigots.

Yet you were still cosplaying as a Swiftie when she was dating Matty Healy. Why?

• Like 3

This is low key true tho, they saw each other for like 12 weeks maybe less. If I was seeing someone for that short a period of time, and posted a two hour rambling voicenote letting the whole world know what i didn't rate about the experience I'd hope my friends would get me looked at tbf. 

Me in 2019 teas when I was down bad fantasizing over a bisexual man who couldn't care if I lived or died. It appears Taylor is stunted cus at her big age this is really embarrassing.....

Sometimes something that lasted two days marks you for life. As an artist sometimes that is what gives you the most inspiration. I understand her.

• Like 4

The issue with Taylor, honestly, is that she's either a creep or she's just using people for content fodder. Her music has the same energy as those creepy men on dating apps who claim they're in love with you after one hook-up and then stalk you on social media.

And no, this is not a defense of Matty Healy for his awful behavior and haughty, disrespectful attitude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Listen, they have been in each others lives for over a decade. Girly probably missed passion and craziness in her previous relationship, fell for Matty hard and got her heart broken. It happens. Im sure we all had that one person we were in love with but the feelings werent mutual and thats okay lol.

Also, Taylor is a smart woman, she knows fans and GP are going to overanalyze every single lyric of her songs. Exaggerating a bit and maybe adding some fiction to make a good story is totally normal and its what songwriters do

• Like 2

The clear obvious sexism here.. people always love to paint girls as crazy or something like be for real. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)

I mean, clearly either she fantasies a lot of these romances or she makes them up in order to have something to write about

Edited by brazil

Now we can confirm why the album was that bad 

this feels like gaslighting tbh

• Thanks 1

He might be a prick but he didn't lie :coffee2:

I wouldn't want to claim that Charlie puth line either :priceless:

• Haha 1

What a disgusting man :deadbanana2:

I understand not liking Matty really, but why should anyone side with a woman who is almost always "never the problem" in her relationships yet they fail. It certainly isn't because she's "too sweet and kind" since she has no problem stooping as low as exploiting someone's mental health for cash. Someone who she loved very much. Allegedly.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

29 minutes ago, Le Grande said:

I understand not liking Matty really, but why should anyone side with a woman who is almost always "never the problem" in her relationships yet they fail. It certainly isn't because she's "too sweet and kind" since she has no problem stooping as low as exploiting someone's mental health for cash. Someone who she loved very much. Allegedly.

It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me

His friend told the outlet, ....

I mean if he could not even be bothered top comment, maybe the relationship truly was not that serious.

As much as I despite her music, the jokes on him if the peak of his career as a celebrity is considered comedic to him 

7 hours ago, Le Grande said:

Girl if you still think that just because a relationship ends it means they fail...  Nothing lasts forever and that isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean that the relationship was a failure.

i doubt taylor really tought they were serious either... she obviously takes some creative liberties when writing her lyrics, not everything must be factual

I think he is most likely being a typical dick, but he is also likely not completely wrong either to at least some small extent. I love Taylor but end of the day she is simply a celebrity marketing a brand and product, herself and her music. She likely uses relationships and situations as a base for her music and then expands on them in various ways to make it more interesting/dramatic for listeners and to promote her brand. Taylor does not say the content of her songs are completely 100% fact. She uses music to evoke emotions. Even as a celebrity with riches and people desiring her, I would bet my life that all the added little details about her relationships and experiences in her lyrics are not always 100% as it is/was. 

• Like 1

I believe him. Most of the songs on TTPD seem to me as if they're not exclusively about one person. And since Joe and Matty are both British, it would be easy to blend the references into one muse. To think that she wasn't simultaneously processing the end of a 6 year relationship and the rebound would be stupid 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.