Study: World's richest are richer than ever

GraceRandolph

Disgusting. The rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

a million dollar networth is barely enough to live in Canada. it's the bare minimum needed for someone to retire

Edited by Pikachoo

Posted (edited)

Capitalism and succession will literally only continue to grow and the austerity vs. prosperity movements that are continually implemented by governments around the globe feed this idea since it's better for people in power for elitists to be richer than ever even if it means the gap between living comfortably and scraping by widens to an uncomfortable level. The US has had a left wing government for the last 4 years and what exactly have they done to soften the blow on its low-income population? It'll only be a few years until todays working class are considered poor, if we're not thresholding that already.

Edited by Jack!

it's either be depressed about it or keep hoping "eat the rich!!!" becomes more than just a meme.

atp my philosophy has become if you can't beat em, join em I guess 

FhatKIp.gif.84f6cf71cec5e12cb11e1634ae4e

So, 0.025% people are considered ric and they make the decisions for all of us

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jack! said:

The US has had a left wing government for the last 4 years and what exactly have they done to soften the blow on its low-income population?

Biden is not left-wing.

24 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

a million dollar networth is barely enough to live in Canada. it's the bare minimum needed for someone to retire

a million dollar net worth isn't what they're referencing.

liquid assets, as in, people who have $1M in their bank account right now. right this second.

29 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

17 minutes ago, Jack! said:

The US has had a left wing government for the last 4 years and what exactly have they done to soften the blow on its low-income population? 

*blinks* *deep heavy sigh*

And no one is going to do anything about it

all these talks about protesting and eating the rich really have become nothing atp

Tax the rich.

Thank you capitalism.  

18 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Biden is not left-wing.

The Democratic Party historically is though, no? Joe Biden maybe sees himself as more centric but in spite of that isn't it important for a president to keep to the core idealisms of a party?

16 minutes ago, Communion said:

Maybe using the US political system isn't a great example to get across the point I was trying to, but austerity is one of many things keeping the rich rich and making the poor poorer. :michael: I live in the UK and the reason a conservative government has managed to stay in power for so long is because their policies and stance on taxing has allowed the rich population of the country to live "rent free" (in a figurative way). All while lower-wage workers are paying more in comparison to what they earn so to cover for government cuts on top of house prices, food prices, household bill costs all rising but the wages aren't rising to meet it. And that's not UK or US centric, I get it, it's a global problem. But having a salary reflective tax bracket system is a simple and effective way to begin evening out the odds. A lot of governments are choosing not to do it, at least not extensively.

Nowadays it's kinda easier to get rich people are millionaire because they're pretty :deadbanana2:

36 minutes ago, Communion said:

why a blink and sigh?

canada has become VERY expensive in the last two decades. average rent recently hit $2200. average home in a mediocre suburb of Toronto is $1.2 million. It's become so hard to just get by here

Why eat the rich when you can suck them? :-* I'm really good with my mouth fyi to any rich daddies listening 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Jack! said:

The Democratic Party historically is though, no? Joe Biden maybe sees himself as more centric but in spite of that isn't it important for a president to keep to the core idealisms of a party?

More or less, but the modern Democratic Party is a centrist party with a progressive wing. The DNC highly favors more right-wing Democrats over genuine left-wing Democrats. 

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

why a blink and sigh?

canada has become VERY expensive in the last two decades. average rent recently hit $2200. average home in a mediocre suburb of Toronto is $1.2 million. It's become so hard to just get by here

the way i spend an entire paycheque on rent in Toronto... it's bleak

Maybe we should start strapping people by their necks since we can't afford bootstraps anymore.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.