Volleyball | Italy takes on Japan for gold in VNL final

Cannon

Posted (edited)

Volleyball thread

Summer 2024 National Team events:

Volleyball Nations League 2024

Stream: https://en.volleyballworld.com/volleyball/competitions/volleyball-nations-league/

VBTV discount code for 20% off: OUTOFYSTEM20

Paris Olympic Games

fegaray.gif

Edited by Cannon

Posted (edited)

Any other volleyball fans on ATRL? 

USA announced their women's roster for the 2024 Olympics in Paris:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C72a0GDRHwE/?igsh=NndmcDQ4ZnV1d3o1

2 Jordyn Poulter (S, 6-2, Aurora, Colo., Univ. of Illinois, Rocky Mountain)
3 Avery Skinner (OH, 6-1, Katy, Texas, Univ. of Kentucky, Lone Star)
4 Justine Wong-Orantes (L, 5-6, Cypress, Calif., Univ. of Nebraska, Southern California)
7 Lauren Carlini (S, 6-2, Aurora, Ill., Univ. of Wisconsin, Great Lakes)
10 Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Univ. of Nebraska, Great Plains)
11 Annie Drews (Opp, 6-4, Elkhart, Ind., Purdue Univ., Hoosier)
12 Jordan Thompson (Opp, 6-4, Edina, Minn., Univ. of Cincinnati, North Country)
15 Haleigh Washington (MB, 6-3, Colorado Springs, Colo., Penn State Univ., Rocky Mountain)
16 Dana Rettke (MB, 6-8, Riverside, Ill., Univ. of Wisconsin, Great Lakes)
22 Kathryn Plummer (OH, 6-6, Aliso Viejo, Calif., Stanford Univ., Southern California)
23 Kelsey Robinson Cook (OH, 6-2, Bartlett, Ill., Univ. of Nebraska, Great Lakes)
24 Chiaka Ogbogu (MB, 6-2, Coppell, Texas, Univ. of Texas, North Texas)

Edited by Cannon

2 hours ago, réveuse said:

Ooh! Promising lineup!

Definitely promising, but I feel like this quad has a lot to prove considering their last medal in a major competition was in the Olympics 3 years ago. It's crazy how they are literally on the brink of qualifying for the VNL quarterfinals. 

I'm curious but don't really know where to start with getting into volleyball. Been trying to get back into play pick up beach games. 

I just know a few pros or athletes who play volleyball and react to videos as a hobby :rip:

Finally a volleyball thread :heart2:

Rooting for China (Women's) and Japan, Italy or France (Men's)

Japan women's are so inconsistent cos how can you beat Brazil and then lose to Canada? :rip:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Pelvic Thrust said:

Finally a volleyball thread :heart2:

Rooting for China (Women's) and Japan, Italy or France (Men's)

Japan women's are so inconsistent cos how can you beat Brazil and then lose to Canada? :rip:

That match between Japan and Canada looked like it was absolutely crazy. 

it has setup the perfect meetup between Canada and the Netherlands since the winner will most likely clinch the last Olympic spot. Here's to hoping Maglio and the other Canadian queens take it!

Edited by Cannon

17 hours ago, Cannon said:

That match between Japan and Canada looked like it was absolutely crazy. 

it has setup the perfect meetup between Canada and the Netherlands since the winner will most likely clinch the last Olympic spot. Here's to hoping Maglio and the other Canadian queens take it!

Welp. Canada lost in 3 sets. :rip:

I cannot wait for Men's week 3! A lot of great matches about to happen.

Heartbroken for Canada. They must have been wiped from that epic match against Japan just 15 hours before. I grew up playing with some of those girls, it's so crazy seeing them reach this level. 

I feel bad especially for Alexa Gray. But she was right about how much they've improved since the 2021 VNL. Hopefully Canada will keep getting stronger.

• Like 1

Shannon Winzer has done wonders for the Canadian women's national program. I'm so proud at how competitive both our men's and women's teams are now. 

Supporting Canada men's primarily because there are so many eye candies. :smitten:

spacer.png

I'm WEAK :jonny:

China STUNS Turkey in 5 sets. :duca:

21 hours ago, BNF91 said:

@Cannondo you play?!

I wish! I'm just a fan right now of the US, Canadian and Brazilian teams on the women's side and the US men's team! 

It sounds like you play?

So satisfying to see Karakurt and co get dismantled by Brazil. It's kind of scary to see how good they are playing right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cannon said:

So satisfying to see Karakurt and co get dismantled by Brazil. It's kind of scary to see how good they are playing right now.

Lowkey feel like Vargas peaked last year. Turkey needs a more reliable OH because Karakurt is not giving on that position.

Just give Brazil the Olympic gold medal already.

4 hours ago, Pelvic Thrust said:

Lowkey feel like Vargas peaked last year. Turkey needs a more reliable OH because Karakurt is not giving on that position.

Just give Brazil the Olympic gold medal already.

Agreed, She struggled during club season this year too. 

Here is the draw for the women's VNL finals:

Brazil vs Thailand

Japan vs China

Italy vs USA

Poland Vs Turkiye

On 6/16/2024 at 1:07 AM, Cannon said:

I wish! I'm just a fan right now of the US, Canadian and Brazilian teams on the women's side and the US men's team! 

It sounds like you play?

I do play as much as I can still. But growing up I was on team Ontario and in the junior national development program with a lot of the current team Canada players, both indoor and beach (Melissa Humana, TJ Sanders, Arthur Szwarc, Sam schachter, Alexa Gray, Jazmine White, etc). But stopped playing and got distracted with life. 

It's not a huge community so lots of people in Canadian volleyball are interconnected. Everyone grew up training and playing together. It's been incredible watching my friends reach the pinnacle of their athletic journeys. I regret not seeing things through for myself everyday of my life. Will probably remain my biggest regret until I die lol.  

• Like 1

Japan once again choking on another big game. :rip:

On 6/20/2024 at 5:34 PM, Cannon said:

Brazil beats Thailand and Japan beats China in straight sets. 

Japan gives Brazil their first loss and will face Italy for the Gold :jonny5:

Wada and Ishikawa were HUGE and the liberos were phenomenal as usual for Japan :nicole:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pelvic Thrust said:

Japan gives Brazil their first loss and will face Italy for the Gold :jonny5:

Wada and Ishikawa were HUGE and the liberos were phenomenal as usual for Japan :nicole:

That was nuts, I was not expecting Brazil to lose to Japan. Wada is crazy talented. I'm expecting Brazil to take bronze and Italy to take gold. 

Japan's defense Vs Italy's offense. This is going to be a legendary game!

My Canadian boys going 4-0 in week 3 :katie2:giving dark horse

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.