Rita Ora interacts with fans at Mighty Hoopla festival

Nefertiti0

glad the thread title has been changed, it was a kii but like, not at all what happened lol

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, PaschalIkeh said:

Y'all are so mean to rita ora and it's so sad to see because it's so obvious they knew the song but not the words in it's entirety because from the videos i have seen both on YouTube and instagram the crowd sang along to many of her popular songs. Y'all just love to make fun of everything she does and it's so silly because it's the same exact thing y'all are doing to jlo. Be nice or don't comment at all.

People just like to mess with her, everyone knows she delivers bops and shes doing very well for herself! Its all in good fun tbh

Edited by Afterglow

19 hours ago, essy said:

She started singing Your Song which, to be fair, is another Phoenix hit and would maybe have been easier to sing off the cuff when she had to start improvising 

Anywhere's production is so specific and it's usually big when she plays it live so I don't think anyone in the crowd expected that to be one of the songs lost to Hoopla's dodgy tech 

Rita's undying commitment to preforming is making me even more obsessed with her. Equipment melting, late start, crowd full of sunburned gays who can't hold a tune and she refused to cut her set short 

edit: it wasn't Your Song it was Lonely Together 🫠 sry Rita 

Lonely Together is my fav Rita song and the way the audience knew THAT song, but not the one she was doing is sending me  :deadbanana4:

ended superspreader allegations :clap3:

21 hours ago, FantasyRide said:

I feel like the recordings of her hoopla performance are reaching the wrong audience because it was funny, but not in a way that should be used to make fun of her. 

Idk why people hate her so much. Idk what she ever did to deserve this level of mockery and vitriol. It reminds of when during an interview of her some years back, she said she doesn't read the comments anymore because most of it was always filled with mean stuff said to her all the time and that's why she isn't active on twitter. That alone made me a diehard fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaschalIkeh said:

Idk why people hate her so much. Idk what she ever did to deserve this level of mockery and vitriol. It reminds of when during an interview of her some years back, she said she doesn't read the comments anymore because most of it was always filled with mean stuff said to her all the time and that's why she isn't active on twitter. That alone made me a diehard fan.

People see someone who works hard and actually understands the privilege she has and mistake it for desperation. They'll make fun of her for taking jobs or doing things other people in her peer group wouldn't, even though she's talked a lot about how it comes from being a refugee and watching her parents have to rebuild everything. She's said she has a genuine fear of losing everything again but she is also very soft hearted and wants to be liked. The videos from the festival do come across to me like she's bantering with the audience and having fun, even when nothing else went to plan. People just took it too far and made it into something mean instead of laughing with her. 

It's definitely parasocial of me but Rita's one of the most relatable pop girlies. She's hyper aware of how fickle the industry can be and how quickly things can go away, so she takes every chance and makes it work for her. She's said she's working with Taika a lot more this year and she's in his next movie, so I'm hoping she just gets to remind people that she is truly that girl.  And she's a genuinely very good actress too so I'd love for people to see that side of her more. 

this is long but I feel passionately about her lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, essy said:

People see someone who works hard and actually understands the privilege she has and mistake it for desperation. They'll make fun of her for taking jobs or doing things other people in her peer group wouldn't, even though she's talked a lot about how it comes from being a refugee and watching her parents have to rebuild everything. She's said she has a genuine fear of losing everything again but she is also very soft hearted and wants to be liked. The videos from the festival do come across to me like she's bantering with the audience and having fun, even when nothing else went to plan. People just took it too far and made it into something mean instead of laughing with her. 

It's definitely parasocial of me but Rita's one of the most relatable pop girlies. She's hyper aware of how fickle the industry can be and how quickly things can go away, so she takes every chance and makes it work for her. She's said she's working with Taika a lot more this year and she's in his next movie, so I'm hoping she just gets to remind people that she is truly that girl.  And she's a genuinely very good actress too so I'd love for people to see that side of her more. 

Omg you've actually said it all! This is it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, essy said:

this

this 

this

the people who like to pick on her say a lot about themselves in a moment.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.