Rita Ora interacts with fans at Mighty Hoopla festival

Nefertiti0

Posted (edited)

During the second day of the Mighty Hoopla music festival, Rita Ora came off stage to greet some of the people at the barrier, where one fan in particular serenaded her with a few lines of her hit Anywhere. Rita seemingly decided this would be an opportune moment to launch into a sing-a-long of the song … only she struggled to find anyone else within reach who actually knew the words.
"It's absolutely not going to happen," she later joked as she made her way back to the stage. source

One of her fans later tweeted that he was too scared to sing:

Edited by Nefertiti0

Dropping my new song Monday if someone sings my song acapella 

• Haha 4

well that's what happens when you spend all your time 'networking' and becoming a 'socialite' instead of applying yourself and making good music

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rush said:

Dropping my new song Monday if someone sings my song acapella 

By the way I got hacked somebody is threatening to release new music I've worked really hard on. Nothing comes out until I'm ready.

Not in London :rip:

If i was there, i would've sang the whole Phoenix album along with her, right down to Velvet Rope :'(

• Like 2

She should have sung Let You Love Me acapella instead

The sound system broke because of the heat so she had to improvise :toofunny2:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

:deadbanana4:

I remember the Sun once replying to someone's tweet asking if they could use their video and the woman replied "Ew not the Sun, absolutely not" :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

Paws to the skyyyyy

We uniteeeee 

I feel it, feel it, fe-feel it

We rise tonighhhhhhtttttttt 

She has so many hits that the audience didn't know which one to sing

• Haha 1

i always thought 'i might hate myself tomorrow' is such an odd lyric.

50 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

:deadbanana4:

She really said 'I might not know the lyrics but I do know how to get the bag like Rita' :clap3:

wasn't a big deal guys, stop exaggerating

the audience was too starstruck to sing :clap3:

To be absolutely fair to the audience, Rita also didn't know the words and started singing an entirely different song 

they were just starstruck, queen x 

• Haha 1

Y'all are so mean to rita ora and it's so sad to see because it's so obvious they knew the song but not the words in it's entirety because from the videos i have seen both on YouTube and instagram the crowd sang along to many of her popular songs. Y'all just love to make fun of everything she does and it's so silly because it's the same exact thing y'all are doing to jlo. Be nice or don't comment at all.

• Like 1

Just now, PaschalIkeh said:

Y'all are so mean to rita ora and it's so sad to see because it's so obvious they knew the song but not the words in it's entirety because from the videos i have seen both on YouTube and instagram the crowd sang along to many of her popular songs. Y'all just love to make fun of everything she does and it's so silly because it's the same exact thing y'all are doing to jlo. Be nice or don't comment at all.

Since the beginning of her career she has been a constant punching bag by the media and the internet (the **** shaming "rita whora", the 100k tweet memes etc)  and it's so misogynistic and cruel. Atrl is no different from Stan twitter because you nasty gays are so mean to pop stars who you feel aren't "main pop girls"

y'all need to stop!

3 hours ago, essy said:

Rita also didn't know the words and started singing an entirely different song 

what was the other song? :dies: that sounds too funny loool

she obviously improvised bcuz of the sound system breaking down, but she still asked for too much. the verses on ''Anywhere'' are extremely wordy :skull:

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Nashe said:

what was the other song? :dies: that sounds too funny loool

she obviously improvised bcuz of the sound system breaking down, but she still asked for too much. the verses on ''Anywhere'' are extremely wordy :skull:

She started singing Your Song which, to be fair, is another Phoenix hit and would maybe have been easier to sing off the cuff when she had to start improvising 

Anywhere's production is so specific and it's usually big when she plays it live so I don't think anyone in the crowd expected that to be one of the songs lost to Hoopla's dodgy tech 

Rita's undying commitment to preforming is making me even more obsessed with her. Equipment melting, late start, crowd full of sunburned gays who can't hold a tune and she refused to cut her set short 

edit: it wasn't Your Song it was Lonely Together 🫠 sry Rita 

Edited by essy

Posted (edited)

I feel like the recordings of her hoopla performance are reaching the wrong audience because it was funny, but not in a way that should be used to make fun of her. 

Edited by FantasyRide
  • Like 3

Oh Rita…well at least the GP gays know one of your songs you should be proud of that. Steam Ask & You Shall Receive for clear skin!

AP like three times already :deadbanana2:

ap baby

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.