• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• Yog

• airplane

• Just a Gay on ATRL

7 minutes ago, Yog said:

This logic makes no sense, George & especially Freddy had numerous sexually charged songs and no problem showcasing it on stage, Sam, Troye & Montero is no different.. your just another prude pearl clutching internalized homophobic gay like so many…

3 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

One of George Michael's biggest songs is literally about cruising. :rip:

This is how I know none of you actually listen to the legends you use to drag newer artists.

6 minutes ago, glitch said:

Girl if you think Freddie's performances were PG then I've got some news for you...

All three of y'all need to realise the difference between the older examples that user listed compared to today's contemporary queer artists is subtlety.  Freddie and George were doing this prewatershed and the younger kids and straights literally were unaware of any double entendre for the most part. You can be suggestively sexy with wit, humour and class. Or you could writhe about the floor with what is essentially an employee, pretend to be urinated on a video, or make out with the devil as per the newer examples. One's really not worth the attention it cries out for in lieu of any musical genius or stage presence. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

Freddie and George were doing this prewatershed and the younger kids and straights literally were unaware of any double entendre for the most part.

Yeah, because they were forced to. :rip: It's not by coincidence that George's music became more explicit as the years went by.

Troye, Sam and Nas aren't doing anything straight people haven't done for decades. George, Freddie and Elton opened the doors and this newer generation is walking through it. That's a good thing.

If you want artists who express their queerness in subtler ways, there are many available. Diversity in the community is a good thing and should be represented. There's no "right" way to be queer.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Think about the poor dancers :rip:

• Confused 1

Interesting

Not some of the internalized homophobia gays in here trying to drag Troye for a sexual performance when they would be YASSS QUEENing and stanning if a popgirl did the same thing :priceless:

The self-hate JUMPED out :rip:

ot: He ATE that and that performer simulating the top position is hot :gaycat2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The gay Kim Petras :clown:

7 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

George's music became more explicit as the years went by

Exactly, He ESPECIALLY said his label was shoving into the closest, hence why he sued them because he got tried of not having complete creative control. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why was this video 10 minutes long?

:clack:

58 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

gay male pop stars of the past:

Elton John, George Michael, Freddie Mercury.

gay male pop stars of today:

Sam Smith, Lil Nas X, Troye Sivan

we've lost the plot

Do those three really count? They didn't come out until way past their prime. They were in the closet the majority of their peak

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Not some of the internalized homophobia gays in here trying to drag Troye for a sexual performance when they would be YASSS QUEENing and stanning if a popgirl did the same thing :priceless:

The self-hate JUMPED out :rip:

ot: He ATE that and that performer simulating the top position is hot :gaycat2:

Cause it's natural when they do it. Troye is trying too hard

• Confused 1

oh wow

I said in the other thread "rimming next" as a joke, but maybe it wasn't that far from reality.  :gaycat2:

What Troye is doing is no different from what Gaga was doing on the BTW Ball Tour (go to 3:33). That's just one in many many examples (and I chose this one because HML is the best song Gaga has ever released). 

Troye eliciting such a reaction shows that he is doing something right that is still necessary. 

• Like 8

Day 1 of Pride month and all I'm seeing is internalised homophobia and kink at pride discourse… Loosen your corsets, have a drink, b*tch suck a d*ck

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, alexrex said:

The male Madonna 

:cm:

it's all about ambition. :fan:

GET IT :WAP:

not yoll acting surprised by this...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527b06bde38ed0b744d9

Good for him, at least he's trying to be liberated on stage and all that, but I hope he feels more comfortable as time goes on and looks natural while doing it. Right now most of it feels forced and awkward. I know the "internalized homophobia!!!!" keyboard warriors are gonna twist this post to make it look like exactly that, but I'm strictly speaking of Troye here, not a sexual orientation or gender :bird:

Oh i know it goes DOWNN in that tour bus 

ride guys GIF

• Haha 1

Now do it with no clothes.

:suburban:

I mean do you really need to pretend to be f*ck and pretend to s*ck d*ck to get your point understood ? It just looks like he's a sex addict and want to throw it in everyone's face

• Thumbs Down 1

How is this ANY different from what Doja Cat, Rihanna, Gaga, Britney, Xtina, etc have done on stage?

• Thanks 1

If you watched the 'Rush' MV you knew right away this era was gonna be sexual, being free with your desires and fantasies. He continued the theme with 'Get Me Started' and 'One of Your Girls'. So for something he announced so explicitly from the start of the era, this hypocritical prudeness from some people feels severely misguided and stupid at best and extremely discriminative and bigoted at worst. 

Let icon have fun. I've been having the time of my life with this era and will continue to do so!

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Gays hating on a gay artist (on the first day of Pride no less) for the same things they'd stan a straight woman for doing. Ron DeSantis & co. have it so easy. :rip:

OT: Good for him!

Clock their tea. The overlap I'm seeing of the people who've previously posted "non-binary people are why there's increased homophobia/transphobia" and the people in here now saying a gay man just existing is also why there's so much homophobia in the world.

Me thinks some of these gays just enjoy and actually support homophobia and transphobia.

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d56ed88906a3bd5c508e611.gif

• Like 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.