Stabbing in Germany during live stream

Shelter

42 minutes ago, izebize said:

The casual xenophobia in this thread... :sick:

ignoring the reality of the situation is only going to push Europeans further right. Is that what you want?

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shelter

• stevyy

• Communion

• Hurem

46 minutes ago, Shelter said:

The police were rather stupid here. The people had the attacker pinned down, then the police man jumped on one of the guys who had the attacker pinned. The police man is now pinning the man down, leaving the attacker to get up and stab the police man. The police man obviously got confused who the attacker was. What a mess 

Oh my gosh!! I was so disturbed by the video I didn't notice that detail in all the craziness that was happening. Wow

Yeah the first outcome here will be to boost support for the AfD right before the European Election :gaycat6: 

• Like 1

I think the best thing to say here is that he should see a judge quickly and that hopefully the people affected recover quickly. Everything else is right-wing weirdo behaviour.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The casual xenophobia/islamophobia in this thread is beyond me. Ofc this individual is trash and he should be punished for what he did in the harshest way, but he's the only one there attacking these people. It's not some kind of muslim group attacking them, it's the individual who happens to be muslim (probably) and from Middle East (probably).. Y'all really need to tone down this disgusting rhetoric, especially now with what's going on it the world. Biggest massacres that are happening right now are committed by non-muslims against muslims you assholes.

Edited by curiousladybug
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

I am tired.

On one hand, you'll have far-right extremists who will use this as a tool to spread their hate towards Muslims. On the other hand, we will see far-left people try to brush this under the rug because the attacker was a Muslim.

I don't remember Europe being like this before 2015, something shifted after the Paris attacks. I know Americans will yell "xenophobia!!1" the first chance they get, but they need to understand that just because they are so used to mass shootings, the rest of the world doesn't want to normalize violence in fear of not looking xenophobic. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

The text in your post isn't visible in dark mode. Regardless, this sounds horrific. Humans really can be awful. 

Just highlight (select) the text 

• ATRL Moderator

Unlocking this thread again, but users need to stop the insensitive, xenophobic comments. If you do not have the knowledge to understand the nuance of the situation—which includes a violent attack against a "far-right activist and anti-Islam critic"—then perhaps hold your tongue on this one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

This idiot handing AfD free last minute votes. :clack:

This. And after all the AfD has done to disgrace themselves over these past few months...

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Is anyone worried what is going on in Europe? 

It's happening in Canada as well. There's whispers of a mass protest against it happening in Toronto quite soon

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Hurem said:

On one hand, you'll have far-right extremists who will use this as a tool to spread their hate towards Muslims. On the other hand, we will see far-left people try to brush this under the rug because the attacker was a Muslim.

The bolded argument that is wielded out genuinely doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain what you're trying to say? 

How is someone who has a different proposed solution than you "brushing something under the rug"? These conversations seem cyclical because of a denial that there are multiple solutions proposed, with this denial almost always from those punching left. 

There's two arguments and nothing can be done in any Western country until everyone acknowledges what argument each side is actually making:

- Right-wingers believe crime committed by immigrants is caused by inherently racial and cultural differences and thus the only solution is mass deportations and end of liberal migration policies 

- Leftists believe crime committed by immigrants is caused by the same reasons as any other crime, and that most crime has to be solved systematically through efforts like societal integration and poverty alleviation. 

Those are effectively the two arguments found in nearly every Western nation on the topic of debate migration (even if people go "who said deport? I'm just asking reasonable questions.."). And so the actual conversation is then the merits of each and what each nation of people want, because no one is making the argument that someone shouldn't go to jail if they commit violent crime of all things. The idea that somehow there's countless minorities committing violent crime in any Western country and not being arrested or facing consequences because people are afraid to be perceived as racist is a right wing conspiracy. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

I don't get why the cop did not shoot to k!11... he is a clear threat to society/humanity. PLUS they helped HIM instead of the victims!!!!! like wtf  

• Like 2

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

Posted (edited)

Europe has a changed so much. I went there about a month ago and for all the **** talking Europeans do about America, I was seeing the same thing I see here only more aggressive. The pickpocketing/mugging issue was ridiculous. Homeless people in America generally don't bother anybody. Germany is a great country so it's sad to see what it's become. And having a police force who take forever to shoot perpetrators and then go to aid HIM is an absolute embarrassment.

Edited by bad guy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

The bolded argument that is wielded out genuinely doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain what you're trying to say? 

How is someone who has a different proposed solution than you "brushing something under the rug"? These conversations seem cyclical because of a denial that there are multiple solutions proposed, with this denial almost always from those punching left. 

Because the far left always tries to dictate others peoples feelings. Fear is something you can't control, and when your first response to a terrorist attack is scolding people who are (rightfully) scared, you will just alienate them.

The far left will often pretend there is no problem with assimilation, but these past few years have shown that's obviously not the case.

18 minutes ago, Communion said:

Leftists believe crime committed by immigrants is caused by the same reasons as any other crime, and that most crime has to be solved systematically through efforts like societal integration and poverty alleviation.

How long do we have to wait to see if those systemic efforts actually work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The cop getting stabbed on the back looks like from a horror movie :rip:

The video is clear, but it's hard for cops to assess immediately what's happening. If a man intends to kill, he will keep randomly swinging that knife.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Because the far left always tries to dictate others peoples feelings. Fear is something you can't control, and when your first response to a terrorist attack is scolding people who are (rightfully) scared, you will just alienate them.

The far left will often pretend there is no problem with assimilation, but these past few years have shown that's obviously not the case.

Only the left dictates feelings? The right is never fear-mongering? Eben if fear is a "natural reaction", since when was taking part in public hysteria a productive way of doing politics? Calming down instead of letting fear dictate your actions is always the superior way.

And obviously assimilation doesn't work if anytime one individual commits a crime a huge chunk of the population is blamed for it. That's not the only issue, but it's one of them.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, curiousladybug said:

The casual xenophobia/islamophobia in this thread is beyond me. Ofc this individual is trash and he should be punished for what he did in the harshest way, but he's the only one there attacking these people. It's not some kind of muslim group attacking them, it's the individual who happens to be muslim (probably) and from Middle East (probably).. Y'all really need to tone down this disgusting rhetoric, especially now with what's going on it the world. Biggest massacres that are happening right now are committed by non-muslims against muslims you assholes.

I'm assuming you're talking about Israel/Palestine? There are other massacres that get no media attention. 

43 minutes ago, Communion said:

There's two arguments and nothing can be done in any Western country until everyone acknowledges what argument each side is actually making:

- Right-wingers believe crime committed by immigrants is caused by inherently racial and cultural differences and thus the only solution is mass deportations and end of liberal migration policies 

- Leftists believe crime committed by immigrants is caused by the same reasons as any other crime, and that most crime has to be solved systematically through efforts like societal integration and poverty alleviation. 

Those are effectively the two arguments found in nearly every Western nation on the topic of debate migration (even if people go "who said deport? I'm just asking reasonable questions.."). And so the actual conversation is then the merits of each and what each nation of people want, because no one is making the argument that someone shouldn't go to jail if they commit violent crime of all things. The idea that somehow there's countless minorities committing violent crime in any Western country and not being arrested or facing consequences because people are afraid to be perceived as racist is a right wing conspiracy. 

Why hasn't integration worked in Sweden?  It seems to be a mess there now with crime

Posted (edited)

I hope the victims make it alive and recover from any injury. Will not watch the video though.

Edited by Aethereal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, l3disko said:

Stuff like this seems so frequent in Germany. You almost never hear about it happening in Poland despite being right next to each other

i wonder why :confused:

Iirc last time a murderder beheaded a man on a bus also in Germany :rip: Hitler'a spirit still haunts this country.

---

So this thread was closed and opened again? Why?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Literally none of this makes sense and is trying to reference something you've not shown anyone actually saying. 

See: the bold. My post you quoted literally says leftists believe that the problems facing assimilation must be tackled through solutions of social integration and poverty alleviation. 

Again, there's two options - the left's solution or the right's solution. Let's stop being dishonest and claiming the issue is the left has no solution or ad hominems about ignoring problems despite no evidence of such.

It's real simple- do you believe In the left's solution of social integration or the right's solution of mass deportation?

How long do we have to wait to see if those systemic efforts actually work?

What country has attempted any of these efforts to begin with? Cite them. And then let us know how quickly you think it would take to deport millions of people, hundreds of thousands to nations they've never lived. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shelter said:

Why hasn't integration worked in Sweden?  It seems to be a mess there now with crime

What efforts of integration do you feel have been made in Sweden and what examples do you feel show that said efforts haven't worked?

Integration is not just the existence of racial or etnic or cultural diversity; I hope some of you understand that and realize the implications when suggesting such. 

Are ethnic minorities integrated in Sweden? Are they no longer disproportionately likely to face poverty, ghettoization, etc.? Please share any relevant statistics. 

Similarly, feel free to share crime statistics, but the last election data I saw in 2022 showed women uniformly vote left wing and it was mainly men - propped up by claims of economic resentment, not fear of crime - who largely voted for right wing parties. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

Gosh, Europe is such a dangerous place.  

Not him giving free advertisements for AfD :biblionny:

Germany will be BLUE instead of Black, Green or Red next time, I guess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.