'I just want a clean slate': Sky Ferreira discusses career and teases new song

GraceRandolph

Sky Ferreira has never been an easy person.

"That's just not who I am," she laughs. For some artists, being fastidious, even stubborn about their work is seen as a good thing – a sign of purity. But for Sky, it hasn't always felt that way.

"I'm really not that difficult either. But that's the thing, [it's] just because I'm not a complete pushover or because my vision isn't exactly what someone has in mind for me or it's not the easiest way to go about things," she says. "I'm willing to pay the price for it."

It could be that her hard-headed determination contradicts the way she looks. Small in stature, fit with the signature blonde hair and smudged eyeliner that graced many a 2014 Tumblr page, she's pretty in a fragile, doe-eyed way. She entered the industry young. At 15, she sent her self-made Myspace demos out to industry hotshots which quickly led to a record deal.

The music industry is a tough place for anyone, but especially for someone in the throes of her messy teenage years. After a handful of buzzy singles and an EP titled Ghost, Sky released her debut album Night Time, My Time in 2013, stunning in its vulnerability and comprised of hook-driven, grandiose synth pop.

Critics loved it. Fans loved it too, with something of a cult-like fervour. She toured with Miley Cyrus and Vampire Weekend. In 2014, she announced she was working on a sophomore album, which she later revealed would be called Masochism. Then… not much, until recently.

But instead of causing her star to fade, Sky's absence mythologised her. Fans stuck by her, even raising money to buy a 'Free Sky Ferreira' billboard in Times Square and fly an aerial banner with the same message over her former label Capitol's headquarters.

Full article: https://beat.com.au/i-just-want-a-clean-slate-after-all-this-time-sky-ferreira-wont-stray-from-her-vision/

Not ha and Normani back to back... it's too much

If she releases an album, 2024 is really THE most powerful musical year ever

16 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Not ha and Normani back to back... it's too much

Sky actually had an album released. Can't say the same for Normani. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

When Masochism finally sees the light of day in 2040, it's over for the other girlies :foxaylove2:

Edited by Supervixen
  • Haha 1

Yeah sure

sky-ferreira.gif

• Haha 1

She could have one, but she doesn't put in the effort.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, JDC said:

If she releases an album, 2024 is really THE most powerful musical year ever

don't get your hopes up, she is just talking about possibly releasing a song

Always the same pathological liar. 

I have deep rooted respect for her remaining stans in 2024, it's so hard to be THIS patient. 

• Like 1

So much potential. What a waste. 

• Like 1

she should be ashamed of herself 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buffy said:

So much potential. What a waste. 

SO much? I mean.. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.