Shakira to headline Besame Mucho Festival 2024 at Dodger Stadium

Magic_boXX

Posted (edited)

Shakira will be headlining the Besame Mucho Festival, taking place at Dodger Stadium on Dec. 21.

The single-day event, now in its third year, focuses on Latin music, booking acts from a variety of genres, from Latin rock and pop to musica Mexicana and Tejano. Enrique Iglesias, Los Tigres del Norte and Banda MS have also been announced as headliners. Besame Mucho will be Shakira's first official festival as a headliner after a whirlwind year and a half that saw her release "Bzrp Music Sessions #53," a diss track with Argentine producer Bizarrap that took aim at former partner Gerard Piqué. 

https://www.latimes.com/delos/story/2024-05-21/shakira-besame-mucho-fest-lineup-pitbull-enrique-iglesias

https://www.besamemuchofestival.com/los-angeles

6650c15e81ba9daea4e65472_BesameMucho_Pos08a3154f6adc5cadf682dc925b04cd4d.gif

Edited by Magic_boXX
  • Like 1

headlining a khia event filled with irrelevant throwbacks.... oh my fave what are you doing to your career :deadbanana:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BabyBenzz said:

headlining a khia event filled with irrelevant throwbacks.... oh my fave what are you doing to your career :deadbanana:

Sticking to what she knows and feels comfortable with that's what. 

irrelevant? These are all pioneers in the Latin music scene.

if she shows love to the Latin community and sticks with her peers is bad, if she sticks to Anglo based festivals is also bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

if she shows love to the Latin community and sticks with her peers is bad, if she sticks to Anglo based festivals is also bad. 

them being pioneers does not make them relevant tho... and i know she's fuming because she wanted to headline Coachella but they couldn't afford her and she refused to budge on the price, so respect for that.. but idk, i know nothing about this festival but i just hope its not a boring one simple stage few songs no dancers kinda thing she used to do in the past. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

I've never heard of this event but Shakira will make this event huge! I bet after, this festival is going to be something everyone wants to perform.  I'm glad she's giving small festivals a shot, more people who never get a chance to see Shakira now have an opportunity to.  Remember Coachella started out  small and look at it now.

Edited by Magic_boXX

13 minutes ago, BabyBenzz said:

them being pioneers does not make them relevant tho... and i know she's fuming because she wanted to headline Coachella but they couldn't afford her and she refused to budge on the price, so respect for that.. but idk, i know nothing about this festival but i just hope its not a boring one simple stage few songs no dancers kinda thing she used to do in the past. 

I get that, it was mainly a Banda regional Mexican, 90s rock festival.

but I guess they're switching it up a little I guess try making it like the Latin Coachella or something.

what a better way than to fill it with newbies and Latin Music veterans.

im surprised Thalia not doing it. She probably wanted to headline and got the Shakira treatment for Coachella.

Hopefully this will be a kickoff for her stadium tour

Ngl, the lineup is kinda a serve: Shakira, Yuridia, Ana Barbara, Belanova, Enrique Iglesias, Enanitos Verdes, Beto Cuevas, Duelo, Pesado, La Josa, Amanda Miguel, Moenia wow :clap3: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Hopefully this will be a kickoff for her stadium tour

That's what I was thinking.

We love to see the Queen at the very top of the Latin Music pantheon where she belongs! :clap3: 

• Like 2

She's really getting her career back. Great!

• Like 2

Omg the lineup is iconic :gaycat4: not reggaeton stars in sight. Only old legends

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Magic_boXX said:

Shakira, Juanes, Belanova, Carlos Vives , Hombres G, Paulina Rubio, Natalia Jimenez, JESSE and JOY, ELvis Crepo,, YURIDIA, Enrique Iglesias, GLoria Trevi and More 

:jonnycat:

the POWER the IMPACT everything there is too much talent and good artists here, my God how I would like to go

• Thanks 3

Besame Mucho making onto ATRL :deadbanana: This is like the third year the festival is going to happen here in the city and it is always a shitshow because seeing all those acts in 1 day feels very crammed. Should be a two-day festival thing and that was attendees said for the past two years.

44 minutes ago, Mellark said:

Besame Mucho making onto ATRL :deadbanana: This is like the third year the festival is going to happen here in the city and it is always a shitshow because seeing all those acts in 1 day feels very crammed. Should be a two-day festival thing and that was attendees said for the past two years.

I'm only going for a handful of the pop artists so it works for me. Will be my first time attending so we'll see :gaycat5:

15 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

That depends on the artist! Hopefully Shakira puts on a show! :D 

13 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Ngl, the lineup is kinda a serve: Shakira, Yuridia, Ana Barbara, Belanova, Enrique Iglesias, Enanitos Verdes, Beto Cuevas, Duelo, Pesado, La Josa, Amanda Miguel, Moenia wow :clap3: 

It really is!! I've been to all Bésame Mucho Festivals! I even flew to Austin and loved it!

There are so many people that I want to see this time: Shakira, Belanova, Gloria Trevi, Yuridia, Paulina Rubio, María José, Amanda Miguel, Danna Paola, Moenia, Marisela and Beto Cuevas!! I'm scared Shakira and Belanova will perform at the same time as someone else.

12 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Omg the lineup is iconic :gaycat4: not reggaeton stars in sight. Only old legends

I'm glad they don't have reggaeton. XD

2 minutes ago, Jaye said:

I'm only going for a handful of the pop artists so it works for me. Will be my first time attending so we'll see :gaycat5:

Who do you want to see?

50 minutes ago, memo90061 said:

That depends on the artist! Hopefully Shakira puts on a show! :D 

It really is!! I've been to all Bésame Mucho Festivals! I even flew to Austin and loved it!

There are so many people that I want to see this time: Shakira, Belanova, Gloria Trevi, Yuridia, Paulina Rubio, María José, Amanda Miguel, Danna Paola, Moenia, Marisela and Beto Cuevas!! I'm scared Shakira and Belanova will perform at the same time as someone else.

I'm glad they don't have reggaeton. XD

Oh yes. They have already too many chances in this industry-the international market.  We need some diversity
Time to support our pop, mexican and rock artists more :giraffe:

19 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Just remember that when fans expectations for the "biggest tour of her career" fall short in a few months :rip:

1 hour ago, Lorelei said:

Just remember that when fans expectations for the "biggest tour of her career" fall short in a few months :rip:

"Fans" or people that criticize everything she does ? Why bother supporting an artist if it's always gonna be an issue with anything she tries.

is Shakira she always hypes things up and ends up giving it her minimalist production touch. Who ever is expecting her to serve celebration tour costume changes or production is in for a rude awakening. Is not who she is.

I mean production company she's working with is already a major upgrade from her old tours but I'm sure she's gonna find a way to give it that Shakira touch, even Super Bowl she didn't even go all out and she shut everybody up that thought she couldn't deliver. 

1 hour ago, GeeDuval said:

"Fans" or people that criticize everything she does ? Why bother supporting an artist if it's always gonna be an issue with anything she tries.

is Shakira she always hypes things up and ends up giving it her minimalist production touch. Who ever is expecting her to serve celebration tour costume changes or production is in for a rude awakening. Is not who she is.

I mean production company she's working with is already a major upgrade from her old tours but I'm sure she's gonna find a way to give it that Shakira touch, even Super Bowl she didn't even go all out and she shut everybody up that thought she couldn't deliver. 

The criticisms stem from the fact she has almost given up completely on her artistry and has practically transformed into someone else which is a jarring difference to the person she used to be years ago. Calling that out is not completely unreasonable or just random 'hate'; she has erased what made her interesting in the past and she's not a solo artist anymore, just a collab vessel for her label, plus she refuses to actually sing live which is a whole other issue on its own. She's in desperate need of a rebranding as she enters her legacy era with forgettable TikTok-fied music. That's just my take, but many share the same sentiment.

The main reason we, the older fans, are attending this tour just get a fix of our favorite old songs (albeit prerecorded but still) and let that nostalgia take us over for a pleasant 1 hour and 45 minutes. Most gave up on the 'album' after the release week anyway, there's not much to go back to for another listen. 

I'm positive it was twitter fans who hyped a Renaissance type of tour , the rest of us know very damn well that she's never been a huge production artist no matter the company she uses for her stage design. She's worked with Es Devlin for her past tours and we all know examples of Es Devlin's work for other artists versus what Shakira had on her tours. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mellark said:

The lineup is great full of legends and icons. I've been interested in going but Dodger Stadium sounds like a nightmare. 

15 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

The criticisms stem from the fact she has almost given up completely on her artistry and has practically transformed into someone else which is a jarring difference to the person she used to be years ago. Calling that out is not completely unreasonable or just random 'hate'; she has erased what made her interesting in the past and she's not a solo artist anymore, just a collab vessel for her label, plus she refuses to actually sing live which is a whole other issue on its own. She's in desperate need of a rebranding as she enters her legacy era with forgettable TikTok-fied music. That's just my take, but many share the same sentiment.

The main reason we, the older fans, are attending this tour just get a fix of our favorite old songs (albeit prerecorded but still) and let that nostalgia take us over for a pleasant 1 hour and 45 minutes. Most gave up on the 'album' after the release week anyway, there's not much to go back to for another listen. 

I'm positive it was twitter fans who hyped a Renaissance type of tour , the rest of us know very damn well that she's never been a huge production artist no matter the company she uses for her stage design. She's worked with Es Devlin for her past tours and we all know examples of Es Devlin's work for other artists versus what Shakira had on her tours. 

And I totally agree with you, what I'm saying is the ones hyping this tour up are just setting themselves up. Everybody was comparing el dorado to Coldplay's stage production and look what we got lol this is basically gonna be a nostalgia tour and that's that. 

• Thanks 1

This is huge, so happy for her & her US fans.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 9:21 PM, memo90061 said:

Who do you want to see?

Shakira, Belanova, Enrique Iglesias, Jesse y Joy, Natalia Jimenez and then maybe Gloria Trevi, Paulina R., Danna Paola. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.