• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Movimento Perpétuo

• RideOrDie

• Communion

• rzal

Who the hell takes Sky Ferreira seriously as a musician anyway? To me she's just a [former?] model.

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Sky is a mess but if there's one person thing she can do (besides apologising 100x during a set) it's sing. Despite all the lateness & passive-aggressive mumbling towards her band/sound engineers, she sounded incredible when I saw her at a festival in 2022.

Funnily enough Halsey was terrible when I saw her at Primavera last year. I loved her last album……..but she spent half the set complaining about how people didn't want her at the festival because she's a pop act (this isn't true…..Primavera has had plenty of pop acts for years like ******* Mabel and Miley Cyrus had warm receptions) and telling us how she was playing real rawwwwwwk music. It was almost satirical how she acted like a teenager with a chip on their shoulder, it was hard to watch.

Things with Sky may be messy…….but she's effortlessly cool - something Halsey will never be.

Edited by Yakult
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

this is not a regular concert it's a conceptual art performance iygiygi

e33DhgR.gif

• Haha 1

As someone who's been a victim of scams my sympathy goes out to her fans 

Posted (edited)

Nnn I remember reading "my favorite part of the show was when she was late and then covered her face with hair so audience won't see her"

Edited by Kern

Wait what's the tea Rode Or Die has been talking about since 2019?

i keep getting ads for her show in my city, it's the next couple of weeks. still thinking i won't go and she'll probably cancel :skull:

i hope one day she can get the helps she needs. she'll get hospitalized the way things are going.

she needed the money to pay rent and yall got tricked

7 hours ago, Yakult said:

Sky is a mess but if there's one person thing she can do (besides apologising 100x during a set) it's sing. Despite all the lateness & passive-aggressive mumbling towards her band/sound engineers, she sounded incredible when I saw her at a festival in 2022.

Funnily enough Halsey was terrible when I saw her at Primavera last year. I loved her last album……..but she spent half the set complaining about how people didn't want her at the festival because she's a pop act (this isn't true…..Primavera has had plenty of pop acts for years like ******* Mabel and Miley Cyrus had warm receptions) and telling us how she was playing real rawwwwwwk music. It was almost satirical how she acted like a teenager with a chip on their shoulder, it was hard to watch.

Sky may be chronically lazy…….but she's effortlessly cool - something Halsey will never be.

Girl I saw her at primavera sound in 2022 and she was just okay, nothing special about her singing whatsoever. 

Why is she performing songs twice? Where's Sad Dream?

being a fan of this woman is literally masochism

6 minutes ago, Nashe said:

being a fan of this woman is literally masochism

Her conceptual performance art serve

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm seeing her in Brisbane next Wednesday and I can't wait for the mess tbh

Posted (edited)

yeah not wanting bright lights is literal crackhead behavior. she needs help like since 10 years ago

Edited by popmusicisdead

She needs to give up on this singing career thing, at least for a while, and get some help. She doesn't take anything seriously, and that's only hurting her while get ripped fans off in the process.

Posted (edited)

Is the OP not accurate? Fans who went said this is the actual setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sky-ferreira/2024/wiltern-theatre-los-angeles-ca-5ba94b74.html

rz2dtRA.png

"The lights were off the entire time"? Huh?

5G0LAQX.jpeg

From someone on LanaBoards:

As for the comments regarding the lighting, restarting songs, and the throwing of papers are kinda out of context so I can clear them up from my point of view. It was pretty dark (after I Blame Myself is when this started) but that is kind of her thing so I'm unsure what people expected. She said something about it not being what she planned and that's why she had them turn the lights off during the song, but then she continuously asked for them to be fixed and got visibly frustrated when nothing was done. During EIE she literally asked all of us at the front to put our phone lights on in lieu of the lighting. 

She stated a few times during the show that she wanted to do a few songs over because the sound was not right, but she only completely redid 24 Hours. As for the paper throwing, she last minute added Ghost to the show and had the lyrics on stage with her, but threw them during the song to a fan at the front. Assuming she just didn't need them like she thought she might? 

She apologized a bunch throughout the show which made me kinda sad. She was doing great despite the clear distress she was in from the things going wrong. We were all having a great time and showing her lots of support, so I hope she understood that.

It sounds like she did a 2 hour show and tried to got through technical hiccups that came from failed lighting? Why is this a bad thing?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, SleepNoMore said:

I'm confused. She had a 9 song setlist? But also she played a 2 hour concert? What?

Because it's not true. The full setlist was 2 hours. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, konaa said:

The White Gay's Lauryn Hill. :clap3:

I hate how accurate this is :deadbanana: 

Posted (edited)

I try not to be too critical of this girl. Her entire life arc screams human trafficking tbh.

You never know what someone is going through / why they turn to certain things to cope. 

I understand why it's disappointing as a fan, but it's been this way for over a decade. The criticism isn't going to help. 

Edited by FOCK

Worst performer ever. But with that said, who in their right mind would willingly pay for and attend a concert of hers? You're knowingly wasting your money - like :skull:

throwed papers with the lyrics

the grammar mistake makes it even funnier :deadbanana2:

14 songs in Manchester

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sky-ferreira/2024/o2-ritz-manchester-england-63ab8657.html

Spoiler

Note: Set cut short by curfew

13 songs in Glasgow

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sky-ferreira/2024/swg3-tv-studio-glasgow-scotland-6bab864e.html

Spoiler

Note: Set cut short due to curfew

20 songs in London

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sky-ferreira/2024/koko-london-england-6bab866a.html

24 songs in Los Angeles a few days ago.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sky-ferreira/2024/wiltern-theatre-los-angeles-ca-5ba94b74.html

Spoiler

Note: 'Night Time, My Time' 10th anniversary show. Sky told the crowd that she had planned a light show but the venue was unable to do it. At her request, she performed two songs with the lights off. She apologized multiple times throughout the show.

You might get 20 songs if she turns up on time.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you check the setlist for the recent London show, they said three songs were "restarted". Perhaps if this happened at other shows, this could be why some people are saying she performed songs twice.

• Haha 2

Her doing more than 20 songs + covers is so surreal to me ngl :deadbanana4:

I guess she was going all out for the 10th anniversary show nn

:bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.