Alicia Keys accolades goes viral

naval23

• Like 1

they put taylor swift, billie, sza but not alicia keys? :rip:

• Like 2

It's crazy because her first couple albums were certified classics. I know people like to joke and downplay her success but she was a legit force back in the day. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

There were so many artists that were left off

and some real mediocrity that was let in..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

She deserves all those awards. Who cares about that top 100.

The Diary of Alicia keys was released in 2003. It won Grammys that year, and it won another Grammy this year. How iconic is that?

Edited by Patient Zero
  • Like 1

There are only so many spots in a top 100 of all time. And usually these lists heavily favor some abstract, random unknown acts so Apple doing the complete opposite was already generous. At some point one must deal with the fact that they might not be all that.

She really was that girl between 2001-08. Classic after classic. 

She has her flaws (in an attempt to be a powerhouse vocalist) but her songwriting and sultry tone shall never be discredited. 

31 minutes ago, Apolonio said:

It's crazy because her first couple albums were certified classics. I know people like to joke and downplay her success but she was a legit force back in the day. 

She was selling albums like crazy. More respect should be put on her name!

• Like 1

The list means nothing Lbr

• Thanks 1

That list was BS. I take it even less seriously than Rolling Stone Magazine's all-time great singers list from last year lol.

She better. B*****s have been hating on her for years now.

I've read that she self-wrote & self-produced Fallen and If I Ain't Got You. Not many artists, especially women, can say that they've self-wrote & produced their own CLASSICS.

• Like 1

Her first three album deserved. Also Xtina's Stripped and Back To Basics. 

That list Issa garbage. 

• Like 1

And she's about to add Tony Awards to her list !

Her first 2 are classics.

She really posted this after the complete list was revealed? :laugh: 

Was there a reason for her to do this or she really did just want to say "F**k that list!" :rogue:

further prove that swiss beat is high rank in music industry, you dont wanna mess with him but alas

the original H.E.R. with those grammys:jonny3:

That list ultimately doesn't even make sense. I stopped taking it seriously halfway through the reveals, because it was just too random and arbitrary. Though she wasn't placed on this list, her accomplishments speak for themselves.

But alot of the albums on that list were awards nominated, some even won the highest accolade of the year coupled with monstrous sale though especially the Top 10s. 

Thriller sold like 50M records, Billie and Taylor won AOTY, Lemonade won Peabody award, and Adele sweeping literally every award possible. 

As soon as I saw 1989 making the list, it was clear it's an insider industry list. And them using the Taylor's Version while it is the original that is more known and successful, shows they wanted to cater to Taylor and her manic fanbase. That album has only three good songs, while Alicia's first albums were masterpieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.