Lana Del Rey confirms 24 was written for James Bond film; compliments Sam Smith.

NOW

I was so confused when they chose Sam over the "give me your heat, give me your diamonds, you hit that street and my crooked love, you count to three, when they are all dying, you're hard to reach! you're cold to touch!" songstress, 24 is the superior song

• Like 1

I feel like we already knew this? 

• Like 1

HONEYMOON you will always be famous, yes you will! :clap3:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ontherocks said:

Hate that song :heart:

Hopefully putting this out there again will keep her for consideration. If she ever submitted again, I think Emile Haynie would probably give her the best material. Songwriting, she can pick whoever and it would probably work...probably Rick or Justin Parker if she wants to go with her signature sound.

Her transatlantic accent popping out again here is sending me...I wrote that for them~~~

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

I feel like we already knew this? 

I think it was only implied back then. She never said 24 was the song she had submitted or that they even asked her to send them songs.

Your music, this album included, has always had a Bond-theme kind of feel to it. You were hotly tipped earlier this year to record the theme song to the new film. Were you approached?

"I would've done it if I was asked but I wasn't asked. I love all the Bond music that's been put out over the years and I love soundtracks in general. There are a couple of songs on this record that have a Bond feel, like '24' and 'Swan Song'."

https://www.nme.com/features/a-letter-from-lana-del-rey-the-full-nme-cover-interview-757009

1 hour ago, NOW said:

Hopefully putting this out there again will keep her for consideration. If she ever submitted again, I think Emile Haynie would probably give her the best material. Songwriting, she can pick whoever and it would probably work...probably Rick or Justin Parker if she wants to go with her signature sound.

Her transatlantic accent popping out again here is sending me...I wrote that for them~~~

I think it was only implied back then. She never said 24 was the song she had submitted or that they even asked her to send them songs.

https://www.nme.com/features/a-letter-from-lana-del-rey-the-full-nme-cover-interview-757009

Emile has not produced anything since 2018 and has retired. 

6 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Emile has not produced anything since 2018 and has retired. 

She will tell him to get up and stop living off of the BTD royalties.

heartaglows-lana-del-rey.gif

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NOW said:

She will tell him to get up and stop living off of the BTD royalties.

heartaglows-lana-del-rey.gif

His most recent stuff was also crap, just like Dan Auerbach 

1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

His most recent stuff was also crap, just like Dan Auerbach 

He excels when he scraps the canned loon, sampled voices, etc.

The outro of Billie's Skinny is so BTD-coded, we need something like that again from her. Rick did great on Honeymoon but it was missing something that only Emile could bring.

Anyway, she mentioned today she wants to remix some of her songs based on a nice fan edit she came across on IG.

6 minutes ago, NOW said:

He excels when he scraps the canned loon, sampled voices, etc.

The outro of Billie's Skinny is so BTD-coded, we need something like that again from her. Rick did great on Honeymoon but it was missing something that only Emile could bring.

Anyway, she mentioned today she wants to remix some of her songs based on a nice fan edit she came across on IG.

Emile, Dan and Rick. All ready for retirement. I also don't think that she spoken with Emile in years 

3 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Emile, Dan and Rick. All ready for retirement. I also don't think that she spoken with Emile in years 

https://www.instagram.com/emilehaynie/p/CZQWBFLpvbH

I think he's in LA so she def still keeps in touch w him every so often. And Rick taught her so much but when she met Jack, she probably realized it's time to move onto the next phase of her music.

She's never working with Dan ever again I fear. Feels like it was just a coworker environment rather than a lasting friendship that came out of those sessions. We shall see if she acknowledges UV's 10-year anniversary next month.

• Like 1

Aside from the "lying down with dogs and getting flees" line, this track is immaculATE :alexz:

I get why it was rejected, it doesn't sound BIG enough for a Bond theme song. But seeing the way Lana's career has really picked up recently, she would definitely be considered for the next soundtrack 100%. 

She's looking different

Wait because I can suddenly see the vision now...

• Thanks 1

Well at least she made a soundtrack for the best Disney remake Maleficent. 

wtf is actually wrong with them I lowkey feel like she could do better though

she would have an Oscar right now ....

I understand why it was rejected she can do better. But they could have given her a 2nd chance

Kinda obsessed with how cooked she is in that video

Yall, btw, did anyone read to the last sentence of that BBC article? Where she talks about the development of Tunnel album?

But she added: "I was looking to get married, not to have another record!"

That breaks my heart a bit. Our girl has just been dying to start a family for a whilw name, coming so close too many times, and yet it keeps slipping through her fingers :weeps:

On 5/24/2024 at 5:39 PM, NOW said:

Wait because I can suddenly see the vision now...

Now wait a damn minute! That is so good! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.