Girls Aloud - "The Promise EP"

xokuba

Posted (edited)

10000x10000bb-60.jpg

Continuation of Girls Aloud single re-releases on streaming platforms.

"The Promise EP" out midnight local

Edited by xokuba

Lowkey one of their worst singles even though it was their last big hit. Still a 8/10 though, a testament to their immaculate singles run

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Lowkey one of their worst singles even though it was their last big hit. Still a 8/10 though, a testament to their immaculate singles run

It was very much the catalyst and spawn of the insane amount of promo they did for Tangled Up and summer shows/festivals and Cheryl's X Factor exposure. It may not be the best but it sure was the perfect storm, too bad that made the album sell a lot way too fast and that killed any chance for The Loving Kind and Untouchable :rip:

them rereleasing all their singles makes me realise how abysmal most of their remixes are

One of their best singles! 

29 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Lowkey one of their worst singles

I never understood the success - probably my last favorite single from GA. But my friends swear by this song. 

Are we planning a justice for untouchable for it's rerelease 

10000x10000bb-60.jpg

Horrible upscale artwork via Apple Music.

okay so I guess they're gonna drop the ball now that the tour has begun. they could at least give us a remaster of the video. :biblio:

The artwork for this era was a huge letdown after Tangled Up

25 minutes ago, Joyride said:

okay so I guess they're gonna drop the ball now that the tour has begun. they could at least give us a remaster of the video. :biblio:

It's coming; like with S Club, the videos are coming super delayed on YouTube (even so much as being region-blocked). I reached out to the remaster person to make them aware of this. Usually Apple Music gets it in-advance.

5 minutes ago, Million said:

The artwork for this era was a huge letdown after Tangled Up

I liked the aesthetic of this era... it just wasn't fully executed properly. I liked the '90s vibe.

56 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

Are we planning a justice for untouchable for it's rerelease 

I think they tried it last year? 

1 hour ago, Joyride said:

It already is. The videos are getting updated one by one. Apple Music has remastered everything upto The Loving Kind and YouTube is stuck on Sexy! No No No... so far

1 hour ago, xokuba said:

It already is. The videos are getting updated one by one. Apple Music has remastered everything upto The Loving Kind and YouTube is stuck on Sexy! No No No... so far

oh you're right. just watched two of them :lmao:thank you for the heads up!

I still can't get over at the font and style of artwork they picked for this era... The photo shoot was stunning, but the font/placement of the words were terrible

this whole era was amazing though. I even went out to pick up a physical copy of the album x

• Like 1

I forget this was so close to the end of their original run. One of their best. :clap3: 

This song is still a miss for me. The remixes are also terrible :coffee2:

She should have been the single instead, it's cute

On 5/23/2024 at 10:42 AM, xokuba said:

Per Chris Fox, the remasters are sent to YouTube around the same time, but if the video does not lineup with what's already uploaded, YouTube declines it. This is a YouTube issue, not a Fox / Girls Aloud one, unfortunately, but he's working on that plus un-blocking the region-blocked videos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.