Stage collapsed at Mexican presidential candidate rally. 9 deceased. 189 injured

BrokenMachine

After severe winds from a thunderstorm at San Pedro Garza García, the stage collapsed at a presidential candidate Jorge Álvarez Maynez rally. Red Cross estimates there are at least 80 injured. There are 4 deceased people reported. Maynez and the candidates are said to be safe right now

IMSS reports 18 injured at one hospital, there might be more at other near-by hospitals

Mexican president AMLO already confirmed there are 4 deceased people

Governor of Nuevo León Samuel García just said preliminary there are 5 deceased people

Omg that's crazy 

rip to the victims 

• Like 2

Omg 

:chick2:

Habían pronosticado vientos y ráfagas fuertes debido a una tormenta eléctrica que se desarrollaba en la zona. No se les ocurrió revisar el tiempo para determinar si se necesitaba posponer el evento a otro día? El equipo de MC básicamente se declaró torpe e inútil con este incidente, principalmente Maynez que huyó y empujó a una señora de su campaña. Si así manejan una tragedia de esta magnitud, qué dice de su plataforma e imagen? Qué harán para resolver problemas de nivel nacional? QEPD los fallecidos.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sway said:

Habían pronosticado vientos y ráfagas fuertes debido a una tormenta eléctrica que se desarrollaba en la zona. No se les ocurrió revisar el tiempo para determinar si se necesitaba posponer el evento a otro día? El equipo de MC básicamente se declaró torpe e inútil con este incidente, principalmente Maynez que huyó y empujó a una señora de su campaña. Si así manejan una tragedia de esta magnitud, qué dice de su plataforma e imagen? Qué harán para resolver problemas de nivel nacional? QEPD los fallecidos.

This is no worse than some other candidate who had the metro fall down because she didn't do basic support tbh. So was Maynez wrong for running away? Did you want him to hold the whole structure with his bare hands or what? Of course he would go and run for his life as everyone did, it's survival instinct. And he didn't push the other lady, in the video it's clear that both of them ran in opposite ways. 

21 minutes ago, sway said:

Había pronóstico, pero para esa clase de eventos Protección Civil es quien define si es posible hacer o no el evento. Cuando Samuel García dio aviso a las personas para que se resguardaran ya era demasiado tarde

I'd expect at least for Movimiento Ciudadano to help every single victim of this anyways (they're politicians, they won't, but I'd like to be proven wrong)

32 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

I'd expect at least for Movimiento Ciudadano to help every single victim of this anyways (they're politicians, they won't, but I'd like to be proven wrong)

I believe they will, but mostly as propaganda for this electoral season

Number rises to 9, including a minor. I fear the number would keep rising in the next hours :dancehall3:

They knew about the winds and decided to continue? 

This is awful. What the hell? 

like final destination omg, rip

Posted (edited)

After 24 hours authorities from Nuevo León inform there were 189 injured. The 9 deceased people number still stands but there are 3 in a delicate situation right now. Government is said to be in charge of every expense

Edited by BrokenMachine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.