Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

Uncatena

I have more thoughts about this album that I will save for a later time when the initial hype dies down and people are ready to have that conversation :sistrens:

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• Dash_inthedark

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I have more thoughts about this album that I will save for a later time when the initial hype dies down and people are ready to have that conversation :sistrens:

Did you not like it? Now I'm afraid I'm to blame cause I set your expectations high when I made that comment :rip:

Edited by Dear Reader
  • Like 3

Just listened and wow, she really shines on her shorter albums. The last four tracks + Birds Of A Feather and Chihiro are all great :clap3: Lunch as a lead seems like a weird pick though

Happier Than Ever clicked with me eventually but it was such a hard listen at first, it's a bit all over the place and would probably hit harder without a couple of tracks. This one flows very well

33 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

I listened to this in the car while I drove home; but it feels like more of a headphones kinda album :rip: 

But what I will say is this sounded heavenly. Close to a 10/10 in my eyes.

I just drove to work and it didn't hit as hard (and soft :eli:) in the car than headphones :noparty:

39 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Radical optism did this kind of album better

Me when I'm deaf 

• Like 4

Lunch is low key overhated. It's such a feel good bop. Seen people saying it's the Lost Cause of the album like let's be real :rip: Its def not

Just now, Dear Reader said:

Did you not like it? Now I'm afraid I'm too blame cause I set your expectations high when I made that comment :rip:

No! I like it a lot, I gave it a 8/10 and the only real critique I had was that I think it's not really something "new" for her but that it expands and improves on what she's done before so that's fine. 

I just think, although her and Finneas make magic together, I think it's time to work with someone else for better or for worse. I think with time people will start to see the "Jack Antonoff" effect with them, where their best days are behind them but they keep working together and it.. stagnates a bit.

Thankfully that didn't happen here, but I dunno if it'll work a 4th time. Then again, I thought that prior to this album and was proven wrong so who knows.

• Like 1

Ok, after my initial hype I think it's just another Billie album, amazing but nothing new.

Finneas is a production genius, my goodness. :duck:

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Lunch is low key overhated. It's such a feel good bop. Seen people saying it's the Lost Cause of the album like let's be real :rip: Its def not

Agreed, it's a good radio bop and even has some cool alt-influenced moments on it.

2 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

I just drove to work and it didn't hit as hard (and soft :eli:) in the car than headphones :noparty:

My first listen was on my speakers and I enjoyed it. This morning I put my airpods on and it's 10x times better :clap3:

I am definitely going to get this on vinyl, I need it in my collection :jonny:

41 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Radical optism did this kind of album better

Radical Optimism is my favorite album this year girl but please don't get Dua dragged more we've had a rough month already :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic album. Very meticulous and intentional. 

Easy contender for AOTY. 

Just now, Relampago. said:

I just think, although her and Finneas make magic together, I think it's time to work with someone else for better or for worse. I think with time people will start to see the "Jack Antonoff" effect with them, where their best days are behind them but they keep working together and it.. stagnates a bit.

The way I just said the exact same thing in another thread :rip:

I don't necessarily agree though, I think Finneas is very talented and versatile. Can't wait to see what they come up with next :heart:

• Like 1

we need FINNEAS for Producer of the Year at next year's Grammys.

• Like 1

I knew this album would be one of those albums I need to play at the right time and right place, but the way Birds of a Feather is about to make me cry in my dark kitchen at night as I sit alone eating yogurt :weeps: 

Lemme toss on Chihiro real quick instead

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I knew this album would be one of those albums I need to play at the right time and right place, but the way Birds of a Feather is about to make me cry in my dark kitchen at night as I sit alone eating yogurt :weeps: 

Lemme toss on Chihiro real quick instead

no cause I ALWAYS want to cry to Birds of a Feather. It has to be one of the greatest things to have ever been made. It has that nostalgic feeling. 

• Like 1

I think Bittersuite is my fave <3 

Would say my least favourite but I think I'd get jumped so let keep it zipped lol 

Really loved the entire album  :clap3: first Billie album I've listened to and very impressed 

The issue with Antonoff is that he's been resting on his laurels for a while now while Finneas still feels the pressure to improve. This is where another AOTY win might nip his ambition, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think Bittersuite is my fave <3 

Would say my least favourite but I think I'd get jumped so let keep it zipped lol 

I'll say it: The Greatest is a HTE rehash and the only song I think is reductive in a sea of great tracks :mandown:

• Thanks 2

Lamour and Birds scream success. Why lunch?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have really been loving this album so far

I think it clears HTE and is about equal with her debut. Billie and FINNEAS continue to find ways to explore new territory without losing the magic of their creative partnership 

Edited by 4th Time Around

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I'll say it: The Greatest is a HTE rehash and the only song I think is reductive in a sea of great tracks :mandown:

the way you read my mind nfndjdjsjsjshs :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.