Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

every single detail of this album makes me wanna scream :WAP: may 17th looks so far away. i cant wait. 

tysm mr.s for feeding billie stans :heart:

Edited by notimetodie
  • Like 2

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• wish

• dreww

So excited for Billie. It might replace WWAFA, WDWG? as my favorite album.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

So excited for Billie. It might replace HTE as my favorite album.

ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).thumb.gif.1efa891

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Mr.S said:

It's like 3 songs in 1 song, super amazing track to end the album. I'm obsessed with the production.

1/3 of the parts being a ionnalee collab, I've heard it too. she's paying homage :clap3:

5 hours ago, Mr.S said:

It's like 3 songs in 1 song, super amazing track to end the album. I'm obsessed with the production.

omg I feel like this album is gonna change lives :jonny5:

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jenni said:

I hope we get a magazine cover in the next few weeks :gaycat5:

Me too. I wonder which one is she doing this time.

Also Met gala in 11 days. Hope she is there ans also doing some interviews while in NY.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dash_inthedark said:

Me too. I wonder which one is she doing this time.

Also Met gala in 11 days. Hope she is there ans also doing some interviews while in NY.

i think shes def going! hope she serves her last appearance was on point

• Like 3

Can't wait for this album, I just know it's going to be amazing. :jonnycat:

HTE was 2 tracks in one already. She decided to take it up a notch with Blue :jonny5:

• Like 4

Rolling stone calling it her best yet way prior to a review …

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

oh she wants to absolutely end me lmao 

I came in here literally to see if there was more information on the sound and I'm kinda hyped now :suburban: I hadn't followed Billie much before last year, but WWIMF was a life-changing kind of song for me, and then I loved some of the live snippets from a few weeks ago. I have a feeling this is the #1 album to keep your eyes on this year whether you're already a fan or not. Do we have a sense of whether the electronic elements of the Coachella stuff is actually on the album, or just remixes? Because I really loved it.

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I came in here literally to see if there was more information on the sound and I'm kinda hyped now :suburban: I hadn't followed Billie much before last year, but WWIMF was a life-changing kind of song for me, and then I loved some of the live snippets from a few weeks ago. I have a feeling this is the #1 album to keep your eyes on this year whether you're already a fan or not. Do we have a sense of whether the electronic elements of the Coachella stuff is actually on the album, or just remixes? Because I really loved it.

As soon as they hit play, I realize Eilish is right. The opening track, the title of which I've agreed not to reveal, plays like a sister song to "What Was I Made For?" Eilish has talked about how she and Finneas experienced serious writer's block before coming up with the Barbie track, but what she hadn't revealed was that this album opener was born first — the catalyst to writing the hit. It carries the same sparse fragility as "What Was I Made For?," featuring Eilish's whispered vocals over a gorgeous melody. But the lyrics are even more devastating, as Eilish tackles the misconception that losing weight signifies happiness.

Directly after that is "Lunch," a complete 180 in both sound and subject content. It's a sexy, bass-heavy banger where Eilish is crushing on a girl so hard she likens sex with her to devouring a meal. Finneas remembers playing this moment for Interscope and witnessing the team shift in their seats. "What's funny about starting the album with [the opener] is that it is a total false promise," he says. "If you're remembering 'What Was I Made For?' and then you hear [it], you go, 'Oh, OK. I understand this world.' Then the drums come in [on "Lunch"], and it really is the kill-the-main-character-type beat. It's like Drew Barrymore being in the first five minutes of Scream and then they kill her. You're like, 'They can't kill Drew. Oh, my God, they killed Drew!'"

Immersing herself back into that darkness, combined with experimenting with new sounds — from a string quartet to glittery dance-floor trance — makes Hit Me Hard and Soft Eilish's best album yet. She dabbled in belting on the title track to Happier Than Ever, but she brings it full-throttle here on several songs, finally putting all those lame "She's just whispering" critiques to rest.

I think so yes. 

• Like 7

I need Chihiro immediately I can't stop listening to the cocachella snippets :jonny3:

• Like 1

All the songs being over 3 minutes and even TWO 5-minute songs... a REAL musician

olivia-wilde-nod.gif

I've enjoyed all her projects, but this might be the album that makes me apply for a stan card...

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2

Will this get a single/video at release

13 minutes ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

Will this get a single/video at release

I think so yes :heart:

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

The songs are not remixed

• Like 1

This rolling stone interview got me even more hyped for this album, I can't wait to hear it :jonny5:

also loved the photoshoot, Billie looks amazing in all the photos.

3 hours ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

I need Chihiro immediately I can't stop listening to the cocachella snippets :jonny3:

Me too. It's stuck in my head 24/7 since I've heard it. 

"not today. maybe tomorrow.
Open up the door, can you open up the door"

80S Dancing GIFJamming Jay Z GIF

• Like 6

that rolling stone article was SO good, our girl got her lick back, WE ARE SO BACK :jonny5:

• Like 4

rolling stone's interview was amazing, one of the bests of her career :gaycat5:

my fav photoshoot of the HMHAS era by now

3 weeks feels so close yet so far away. I'm literally dying from the anticipation :jonny5: 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.