• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• dreww

• wish

2 hours ago, Jonasl91 said:

These are unfiltered, bittersuite was out of Global so we didn't get the complete filtered numbers

I messed up between the unfiltered and the filtered one :eli: 

• Like 1

BB200

#1(=) TTPD: 148k

#2(NE) Golden Hour: 131k

#3(-1) HMHAS: 117k

• Like 2

Great increase from the first HDD update :clap3:

Biilie's 3rd week drops

HIT ME HARD AND SOFT - 117,000 (-19%)

When We All Fall.. - 98,000 (-17%)

Happier Than Ever - 60,000 (-25%)

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

• Like 1

We are going for a 4th week with +100k units i think :ryan3:

• Like 4

Albums from her peers in its 3rd week:

Sour - 143,000 down 23%

HIT ME HARD AND SOFT - 117,000 down 19%
Thank U, Next - 117,000 down 24%

When We All Fall Asleep - 98,000 down 17%
Guts - 87,000 down 35%
Eternal Sunshine - 72,000 down 29%

• Like 2

The stability in units is amazing 

HOT 100 Final Predictions

10. Pink Skies - 217 points -12%

11. BIRDS OF A FEATHER - 215 points  +15%

ugh, that will be close :gaycat6:

Also, looks like all songs charting for a 3rd week :clap3:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Gaia said:

Sabrina is serving everything I want from Billie that went haven't gotten in years (visually).

This era for Sabrina has a clear vision, the music videos are executed well, have plots while keeping replay value, and she's serving LOOKS. 

I don't think some people understand here that when people ***** about Billie's lack of professional music videos, this is what is meant. 

These half baked and low budget videos do nothing to elevate the music so there isn't even a point to filming them. 

I just hate how AMAZING this album is while getting absolutely no visuals to elevate it even further. Chihiro will probably struggle to even cross 10M views :rip: 

They are both very different artists. I don't even think about comparing them.

Sabrina is having her moment, and I'm happy for her, but I don't want Billie to be like Sabrina or the other pop girls. That's not who she is or ever has been.

Billie has always been unique and true to herself, whether fans like it or not. She has done this consistently since the beginning, and time and time again, people don't understand or appreciate her work until a few months or years later when it starts to make sense.

Was I expecting more outstanding visuals for CHIHIRO? Sure. But she went with a much more conceptual artistic vision, and it's not pleasing everyone as these kinds of videos usually do. However, if you think about it, her visuals since announcing the album have mostly been like this: raw, grainy/old aesthetic, even messy sometimes. The only exception to this is probably the cover shoot, but even that is very dark and conceptual. My point is, there's probably a conscious choice on her part. We can like it or not, but I don't think she's completely oblivious to what she is doing, as most people think. And the music video is not that bad. When you start to understand the concepts behind it and relate them to the song, it makes much more sense. It's a little deeper than it looks at first glance.

Also, this doesn't ruin the amazing album. Music videos have a very low impact overall now, as far as we can tell from the last releases, so maybe they are also using the budget for other promotional stuff. She was just in London, Paris, and Berlin, and will be in Korea and Japan next week promoting the album, which is really good and maybe more impactful in the long run.

Edited by Dash_inthedark
  • Like 6

Wow, not Billie being compared with Sabrina when they are competely different. :rip: 

I mean Billie's MVs are suitable for her even some are low budget but most of them are good enough. 

• Like 1

So when is it safe to say that Skinny is TOP 5 Billie ballads? I'm stepping forward 

:ryan3:

• Like 5

Spoiler

This gif is more interesting and entertaining than any of the videos so far

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bad guy said:

So when is it safe to say that Skinny is TOP 5 Billie ballads? I'm stepping forward 

What are the other 4? If those don't include WildFlower then you're wrong :eli: 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bad guy said:

If WILDFLOWER is already included in the TOP 5, then yes, sure, whatever you want to put in there. :ryan3:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

When The Party's Over is one of them for sure

12 minutes ago, BloodLuster said:

When The Party's Over is one of them for sure

Idk, she has so many good ballad and i have no idea how Skinny would make Top 5 :eli: . 

Lovely, iloveyou,. idunwannabeuanymore, Wildfollower, wishuweregay, What was i made for, No Time To Die....

• Like 2

Your Power, Male Fantasy, WWIMF, i love you, Skinny

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

i love god

everything jesus wanted

when the sermon's over

Bibleflower

And now Skinny is tied with What Was Heaven Made For. The vocals, the lyrics, the melody, the strings...it's a timeless classic

Poor Your Power was kicked OUT.

10 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

If WILDFLOWER is already included in the TOP 5, then yes, sure, whatever you want to put in there. :ryan3:

I see we're not all ready to tell the truth and that's ok

• Haha 3

I recently got addicted again to No Time to Die, it really is hard to fill a TOP 5 best ballads from her. :suburban:

• Like 1

billie literally has some of the greatest ballads of ALL TIME ... both quality AND numbers wise

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I pray for the day ppl can appreciate listen before i go though

only the finest and most sophisticated tastes can undertand that masterpiece

• Like 3

Not u guys missing the good sis' @Gaia 's point :angry:. It isn't saying that Billie should emulate Sabrina. They are both VERY different artists of course. It's saying that they would like for Billie to put in the same amount of effort, budget, direction and vision into her visuals (like she once did). A good example of that is the videos on WWAFAWDWG?. During that era she served great visuals and they were obviously nothing like what Sabrina is serving...it's just they mean that they want her to provide conssitent visuals with a vision and almost like "theme" in mind that runs conssistently throughout the album campaign I believe. 

As long as I Love Allah is #1 I have no qualms about the rest of the list

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Not u guys missing the good sis' @Gaia 's point :angry:. It isn't saying that Billie should emulate Sabrina. They are both VERY different artists of course. It's saying that they would like for Billie to put in the same amount of effort, budget, direction and vision into her visuals (like she once did). A good example of that is the videos on WWAFAWDWG?. During that era she served great visuals and they were obviously nothing like what Sabrina is serving...it's just they mean that they want her to provide conssitent visuals with a vision and almost like "theme" in mind that runs conssistently throughout the album campaign I believe. 

Probably she and the label invested more in videos at the beginning, similar to what they are doing now with Sabrina. It makes a lot of sense that the investment is bigger when they are starting to blow up.

Anyway, what I was trying to say, which I don't think people realize (and it took me a while to figure out too), is that Billie does have an aesthetic/theme this era, but it's just the opposite of the traditional visuals people would expect. It's not clean or perfect. It's raw and unpolished, with many nods to old video aesthetics, I feel. And, of course, this will not please everyone.

I could be wrong; it's just my take on it. I think she has a purpose in all this and is most likely going against everything people expect of her and most pop artists nowadays. It's not that this is anything new to her, but now it feels even more intentional than before.

This is just my view and I understand not everyone will agree with it ofc.

Edited by Dash_inthedark

Sunday update.

2 songs top 10 and hopefully she will keep on rising during the week.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.