Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

did you guys forget she had a meltdown at the when the party's over mv set about the director and swore she'll be directing all her videos herself from that point onwards

(me only recalling this because i recently watched her documentary lol)

:suburban:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• dreww

• wish

well this era was too perfect to be true, that's all I'm gonna say :suburban:

Chihillie remains SOTY though :clap3:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

did you guys forget she had a meltdown at the when the party's over mv set about the director and swore she'll be directing all her videos herself from that point onwards

(me only recalling this because i recently watched her documentary lol)

that's what im saying like :skull:

also her post on ig made me realize that was nat wolff the whole time :deadbanana4:

I appreciate her directing all her videos. And it's her vision so it's exactly what SHE wants. Happy for her. But as a fan, most of her videos are boring and don't have replay value. But at least the songs do!

I just finished my second listen of this album and I'm so floored :deadvision: 

Most of the stuff in here is legitimately incredible. I don't think it's necessarily a new territory for her because she has explored these sounds before (even though she dabbles a bit in some new soundscapes) but it's easily her best work and it took her artistry to new heights. The production is so phenomenal, cinematic, layered, and rich. I adooore her voice throughout the album, she truly knows how to use it as an instrument. Her and Finneas are just so good at building an atmosphere.

It's amazing how she has gotten better with each release so far and that's saying something because Happier Than Ever remains one of my faves from this decade so far. It's also so crazy to think she's only 22 and this is only her third studio album. I really love how short this one is because HTE could have benefited from some trimming.

And I looove how the string melody from Skinny reappears in the bridge of The Greatest and then the outro of Blue tying everything together. It's giving a film score in the best possible way. :jonny4:

Initial favorites: The Greatest, Blue, L'Amour De Ma Vie, Birds Of A Feather, Chihiro, Bittersuite

It sounds like she's teasing Act II or something at the end? I hope it's a separate album because this one is perfect as it is. And I pray that she further explores electronic music in the future. My rock/grunge fantasy can wait. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

That era of WWAFA-like visuals is long gone and I've accepted that a long time ago. She's not really the artist to go to anymore if you're looking for big budget maximalist music videos, which is a bit of a shame cause that undoubtedly played a part in her rise to fame. But this music video is cute for what it was, encapsulated the vibe of the song really nicely imo (especially the sunset shots), and is probably my 2nd favorite of her self-directed videos (only behind HTE).  :michael:

She's hilarious though for spending hours underwater & risking her life for a top tier album cover just to do this nnn

• Like 7

Blue would be such a better song if the second half of it didn't drag the song so much 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The chihiro MV is great? I see her Vision and it fits the song to a tee. Not every song needs a huge MV. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This album sounds SO good on headphones. :jonny:

• Like 1

The bury a OBH video alone solidified her getting a Vanguard award in my mind so it's ok

• Like 2

Billie Eilish - CHIHIRO (Fan Demanded Version)

The video was not that good but it's not as terrible as some of you are saying on here :eek: 

Billie has directed great videos in the past. HTE, Lost Cause, NDA, and WWIMF were all stellar.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dreww said:

The video was not that good but it's not as terrible as some of you are saying on here :eek: 

Billie has directed great videos in the past. HTE, Lost Cause, NDA, and WWIMF were all stellar.

We expected better :giraffe:

Loved the Chihiro video :alexz:

Billie is on fire with this era :flame:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It could've had a higher budget or some elegant animation (because it's what the song deserves) but I don't think the video is bad because it fits the idea of a lost connection with someone, which is what the song is about. And I like that the visual of her drowning connects the song with the album cover. Obviously we weren't going to get high budget Studio Ghibli style animation.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm kinda surprised that a lot of people didn't like the chihiro music video, I think people were expecting a psychodelic video or a recreation of the movie, but I was really happy that she chose another approach for this video, I think it gives a new perspective for the lyrics of the song. Also it's so funny to me when I see people saying that she should hire another director for her videos when one of her most acclaimed videos (when the party's over) was idealized by her, frame by frame. She's not a perfect director, she clearly has a lot of things to learn, but I think she's good in what she proposes to do. She clearly likes to do this kind of videos that look like they were homemade, without a big production, bury a friend and bad guy were kinda the exception. Also I'm pretty sure if her old music videos were released today people would complain too, they would be saying that they are too simple. Anyway, I think it's okay to not like the video, but some people are reacting like it's the worst video ever when it's not.

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 7

The views :gaycat7: 

Spoiler

At least it will surpass Male Fantasy's miserable 2.4 million debut

5 hours ago, Theluckyone said:

The chihiro MV is great? I see her Vision and it fits the song to a tee. Not every song needs a huge MV. 

To answer your question, yes the chihiro music video is indeed great.

OT: y'all, YouTube is dying and she's always been great and artistic with her videos. With this one and lunch, she's creating iconography. Years from now you'll understand what she was going for. Less is more

also, I like it (and much) better than the one she did in the mall and the other one with the girls on the bed

• Like 4

Chihiro music video was amazing

• Like 1

US Apple Music

6 (+1) BIRDS OF A FEATHER *new peak*

Almost TOP 5 :WAP:

• Like 3

GLOBAL SPOTIFY 

2 (+1) BIRDS OF A FEATHER 9,156,102 (+430,784)

4 (+1) LUNCH 7,350,232

OMG :jonny5: :jonny5:

• Like 3

POP:
14 14 BILLIE EILISH LUNCH 6409 5240 1169 16.697

+117 Spins
-10 Bullet
+0.262 Audience

BOAF also debuts at #48 on POP Radio

60 48 BILLIE EILISH BIRDS OF A FEATHER 281 93 188 0.828

m7DN6as.gif

• Like 5

It is smashing 

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.