Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

8 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Seems extremely doubtful. I'm not sure this one is sticking quite like espresso was for example. I expect it to drop personally. BOAF is the real hope of this album having a long running smash hit 

I'm hoping pride month will help keep it stable

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• dreww

• wish

2 minutes ago, Jonasl91 said:

I'm hoping pride month will help keep it stable

That's a fair point - would be interesting to see if it gets promoted well during pride. Her team has a hell of a chance to utilize the timing there really well.

• Like 2

BIRDS OF A FEATHER is coming

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whatyouwant_ said:

Great hold :clap3:

Biggest 10th day albums:

#1. TTPD: 77.1M
#2. Midnights: 55.8M
#3. SOUR: 41.1M
#4. HIT ME HARD AND SOFT: 38M*
#5. thank u, next: 28.8M
#6. eternal sunshine: 27.3M

#7. 1989 (Taylor's Version): 25.1M

#8. GUTS: 23.3M

hopefully a steady week around 45M is coming :giraffe:

Not it already higher than 1989 TV:rip: I need this album to serve SOUR stability. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Green said:

I wonder what would have happened if Billie had surprise released her album a week before? I guess she probably would have shipped those CDs during her 4th week instead of the 5th week :dies: 

For sure. She was holding to this hand to play the cards when necessary. Dua didn't make noise so she knew she should hold on to them for Billie (or if any other album would come by surprise). And she did. She is just playing a game of numbers, a game she knows too well.

Edited by Dash_inthedark
  • Like 1

Every track rising again on US apple :bird:

• Like 6

They will have no choice but to push Birds too, the song is making itself a single.

Birds of a Feather is one of the best songs on the album, glad to see it is doing well :clap3:

US Spotify

#4 (=) LUNCH - 2,414,417

#7 (=) BIRDS OF A FEATHER - 2,126,322

#9 (-1) CHIHIRO - 1,616,866

#17 (+2) WILDFLOWER - 961,712

#24 (=) L'AMOUR DE MA VIE - 816,107

#29 (-1) BLUE - 770,599

#31 (=) THE GREATEST - 757,814

#33 (-3) SKINNY - 750,130

#36 (=) THE DINNER - 715,809

#52 (-3) BITTERSUITE - 605,064

Hopefully we get all songs back in the TOP 30 tomorrow but FLOPSUITE is gonna ruin everything isnt it, L'AMOUR DE MA VIE and BLUE back in the TOP 20 :ryan3:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, zzmyth said:

Not baby... Taylor made an enemy for Life.

She is the one that started all.

even if this was true (is not) billie is the one whos gonna be #2 always 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

need an edit that puts the entire extended version at the end of lamour de ma vie 

My take: all songs are at least good. Every song is great except The dinner, the greatest, and wildflower but each are good.

I think they need to push BOAF for the summer as Lunch remains a hit late spring/early summer and then release Chihiro in the fall and Blue or another song in the winter.

My take on AOTY chances:

Many said Billie will need a hit to be a contender for AOTY outside of critical acclaim

Superficial factors:

-Album sales (besting prior highest sales and likely 2x platinum before ceremony) 🏆

-Hits (Lunch/Birds of a Feather/Chihiro before voting period) 🏆

-Influence (too early to tell)

Legit factors

-Artistry 🏆

-Acclaim 🏆

-Impact (too early to tell)

Beyonce has to worry if Kendrick puts out an album before the voting period or if Kacey/Chris Stapleton or a country or Americana act is included in the noms

Taylor is not getting it back to back.

Other pop acts like Gaga/Ariana/Dua/Katy might not votesplit the way some assume.

If Bruno releases, he might impact others as he pulls votes from so many lanes.

There's a pathway similar to Taylor's path last year but SO many are releasing in the summer so it really could change at the 11th hour (August)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Happy for you Billie stans. Mama served quality...again...and again.

I hope you get the era you deserve.

xMi1ECI.gif

Does anyone know which singles they were thinking to push until BOAF showed ha power?

Edited by slw84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

US Spotify

#4 (=) LUNCH - 2,414,417

#7 (=) BIRDS OF A FEATHER - 2,126,322

#9 (-1) CHIHIRO - 1,616,866

#17 (+2) WILDFLOWER - 961,712

#24 (=) L'AMOUR DE MA VIE - 816,107

#29 (-1) BLUE - 770,599

#31 (=) THE GREATEST - 757,814

#33 (-3) SKINNY - 750,130

#36 (=) THE DINNER - 715,809

#52 (-3) BITTERSUITE - 605,064

Hopefully we get all songs back in the TOP 30 tomorrow but FLOPSUITE is gonna ruin everything isnt it, L'AMOUR DE MA VIE and BLUE back in the TOP 20 :ryan3:

To think the album dropped damn 11 days ago and the lowest track on US Spotify for Happier Than Ever did like 500k in its first day:biblionny:

This being a Sunday update too

• Like 2

The way I was right about all the Tracks clogging top40.

xMi1ECI.gif

the prophecy

----

I hope we get ATLEAST 3 top10 singles from this alberm

20 minutes ago, King Dan said:

even if this was true (is not) billie is the one whos gonna be #2 always 

No babe... you are the #2 kind of person.

Maturing is hard... but you'll get there. Have faith kiddo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dreww said:

To think the album dropped damn 11 days ago and the lowest track on US Spotify for Happier Than Ever did like 500k in its first day:biblionny:

This being a Sunday update too

Yeah, releasing that many singles before the album really hurt the era, thank god it was saved with SMASH THAN EVER later and the album got legs. 

Now this is a massive upgrade, this new strategy really benefits her. :celestial4:

Lunch is doing great as a single, it's still #1 on Spotify and performing like a solid smash on every platform.

BOAF is just a different beast, this song is universally acclaimed and clearly has potential to become one of Billie's biggest songs. Hopefully Billie's team keeps an eye on both songs and finds the perfect time to pivot to Birds, once Lunch begins to lose steam. It deserves a full push when the time is right.

• Like 6

Yeah, there's no need to kill LUNCH for BOAF now, both songs can co-exist as of now and once LUNCH shows signs of slowing down then they can start to tease BOAF as single. "CHIHIRO" will be extremally stable for a future single as well. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

Yeah, there's no need to kill LUNCH for BOAF now, both songs can co-exist as of now and once LUNCH shows signs of slowing down then they can start to tease BOAF as single. "CHIHIRO" will be extremally stable for a future single as well. 

Exactly, both LUNCH and BIRDS are gonna smash simultaneously. I hope LUNCH reaches #1 on Hot 100 sometimes next month, and after it does, they can service BIRDS to radios. I just know it's gonna have a legacy on HAC/AC formats.

We know she already recorded MV for CHIHIRO, but I hope she saves it for late Q3 so every song gets to shine.

• Like 5

HMHAS on tiktok

BLUE - 903.6k videos

LUNCH - 145.5k videos

SKINNY - 137.9k videos

CHIHIRO - 116.7k videos

BIRDS OF A FEATHER - 86.2k videos

L'AMOUR DE MA VIE - 58.8k videos

WILDFLOWER - 24.1k videos

THE GREATEST - 18.5k videos

THE DINNER - 17.7k videos

abysm

BITTERSUITE - 6238 videos

:suburban:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, slw84 said:

Does anyone know which singles they were thinking to push until BOAF showed ha power?

I think Chihiro was on track to be 2nd single. Billie already confirmed the mv is ready.

IDK if they will change it for BOAF. I have a strange feeling all 3 can be hits almost simultaneous since they are all so different.

• Lunch, a fun Bop. Already pumping in clubs and Pride month will boost it. Great for Radio. Also great summer song.
  • Chihiro is an incredible song, the productions is completely insane, it makes you feel like you are levitating, lyrics are great, sonically probably the most peculiar of the bunch but i think most people seem to love it. Not so radio friendly being 5 minutes long but could have a radio edit.
  • BOAF basically the most GP friendly of the bunch. The 90's pop anthem is already loved by most people and thematically perfect for radio, summer, wedding season, all kind of events really. It will have longevity single or not there's no escaping it. Also great for Radio imo.

L'amour- Over now will also have it's own life on clubs/parties/gyms imo etc. A great breakup dance bop who doesn't love that.

This album will have a long life since it has so many variety of genres it can reach so many different audiences . Let's hope her team will know what to do with so many potential

Edited by Dash_inthedark
  • Like 8

Her label better keep the autoplay for LUNCH this week, i don't want that blondie girl to surpass it

R.e87d01bb8fcc8c506a0449dfdc3366a0?rik=f

• Haha 1

CHIHIRO !!!

6fzywg.png

• Like 6

16 hours ago, whatyouwant_ said:

3 songs in the TOP 10 of the Billboard Global 200 :clap3:

all songs in the TOP 25, except .... BITTERSUITE :suburban:

LUNCH AT #4 WE ARE SO WINNING THIS ERA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.