Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

This is my favorite line of the album I think. 

A bird in a cage, thought you were made for me

• Like 6

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• dreww

• wish

Was never a Billie fan, but after Happier and now this, I am in love. She continues to evolve in such an interesting and relatable way. The music has only gotten stellar since her debut. I love her more jazzier stuff too, My Future may be favorite from her. This album is masterful

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

It's been a week and I still listen to this album in full on repeat all day. The fact that she has me on chokehold this era :jonny5:

I have a friend who was lukewarm on Billie forever who texted me last night and said "there's crack in this album I can't stop listening to it." Tells me all I need to know about it tbh because this person has excellent taste in music

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, politeone said:

Was never a Billie fan, but after Happier and now this, I am in love. She continues to evolve in such an interesting and relatable way. The music has only gotten stellar since her debut. I love her more jazzier stuff too, My Future may be favorite from her. This album is masterful

my future is still my favorite song of hers being realistic. I'm sure something off HMHAS will take its place eventually but that is one of the first songs I learned to play on piano when I was dipping my toes in the keyzz

• Like 2

Honestly, THANK you Swifties for propping her up so much. She can't stop winning!

20 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Honestly, THANK you Swifties for propping her up so much. She can't stop winning!

The stability. I couldn't care less about the #2 debut. Losing to Taylor Swift is not something shameful. It's doing so good :gayoncecat2:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

The tabloids have gotten the news!

Edited by dalladallamallamalla

Lunch did 11.2M yesterday? Omg :wanda:

• Like 2

So many hate videos :monkey:

Music sounds so much better when you stop reading about sales, streames, shades, other singers antics etc. :jamming:

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Kern said:

Music sounds so much better when you stop reading about sales, streames, shades, other singers antics etc. :jamming:

This!

It's funny because I never felt there was a hate train against Billie during Happier than ever because I wasn't paying attention to anything outside the music that era

At most the only thing I noticed was that ATRL was saying that she was underperforming compared to Olivia's SOUR but that's it. And that she was over because Happier than ever went empty handed at the Grammys (even when she won her first Oscar a week before that  :dies: )

Of course If you pay attention to what Swifites currently say about Billie you are gonna think she's the most hated artist ever :skull: . They are like BTS stans when it comes to spread hate against an artist, but outside that cult Billie is slaying and getting acclaim, success and hits that the GP seems to love with her new album/era.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, airplane said:

Lunch did 11.2M yesterday? Omg :wanda:

Are you talking about 5/24 or 5/23? Omg

Posted (edited)

I don't know if I said this already but the album's chances of going #1 aren't nill...TTPD will be at its sixth and seventh weeks while HMHAS will be at its third and fourth weeks. Sales may droop for the former album but if the current trajectory of the album's performance on Spotify and charts is as consistent, and the four hits (Lunch, Birds of a Feather, Blue, and Chihiro) are promoted and become bigger, sales can accelerate and triumph by a few thousand units...

Just Food 4 thought :bird:

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I don't know if I said this already but the album's chances of going #1 aren't nill...TTPD will be at its sixth and seventh weeks while HMHAS will be at its third and fourth weeks. Sales may droop for the former album but if the current trajectory of the album's performance on Spotify and charts is as consistent, and the four hits (Lunch, Birds of a Feather, Blue, and Chihiro) are promoted and become bigger, sales can accelerate and triumph by a few thousand units...

Just Food 4 thought :bird:

Taylor's team is 100% planning for a long run and will do consistent special edition/signed drops to keep it that way. I don't think it would be very easy to overtake unless Billie's team gets to planning NOW on how to ship out 150k+ units in a week again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Are you talking about 5/24 or 5/23? Omg

5/23, numbers haven't updated yet for Friday 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Taylor's team is 100% planning for a long run and will do consistent special edition/signed drops to keep it that way. I don't think it would be very easy to overtake unless Billie's team gets to planning NOW on how to ship out 150k+ units in a week again.

True but idk, I feel if B's team strikes when the pan's hot and economizes any moment to drive sales organically, she can definitely get it.

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

True but idk, I feel if B's team strikes when the pan's hot and economizes any moment to drive sales organically, she can definitely get it.

Feel it would have to be a combo of signed copies (CDs and vinyl combined), a new very enticing-to-buy vinyl variant, and possibly a deluxe to do it. Seems kinda doubtful since they never fight for chart positions like that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kern said:

Honestly, I had no idea about all of the noise and numbers or scores till after I had played the album several times, its all so dramatic

• Like 2

SZA's SOS actually blocked Midnights for 10 weeks. We'll see whether it happens to this album.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

SZA's SOS actually blocked Midnights for 10 weeks. We'll see whether it happens to this album.

True, but SZA could challenge Midnights because SOS had 23 songs. 

It will be hard for Billie's 10 songs to fight Tortured Poets' 31 songs, especially if Taylor keeps releasing those special versions.

2 minutes ago, Green said:

True, but SZA could challenge Midnights because SOS had 23 songs. 

It will be hard for Billie's 10 songs to fight Tortured Poets' 31 songs, especially if Taylor keeps releasing those special versions.

Love TTPD, but I don't think it will have insane longevity on streaming platforms. Taylor can keep releasing new variants but I don't think they will factor much in the future.

Billie's HMHAS is getting traction on streaming platform and all songs on that album have potential to smash like SOUR.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Love TTPD, but I don't think it will have insane longevity on streaming platforms. Taylor can keep releasing new variants but I don't think they will factor much in the future.

Billie's HMHAS is getting traction on streaming platform and all songs on that album have potential to smash like SOUR.

Doesn't matter with the sheer amount of songs it will stay above 100k units for a while. It's the same as with Morgan Wallen. I do feel like BB is going to eventually implement a limit on album lengths. We're eventually going to start getting 50 song albums just for inflated streaming :rip: 

Billie performing so well with a 10 track album with many songs above 5 minutes is great. 

• Like 1

But I gotta be careful

Gotta watch what I say

God I hope it all goes awaayyyyy

I can't fall in love with youuuu

No matter how I baaaad I want toooooo

god-hear.gif

• Like 1

Who cares about the hate tbh, she's smashing everywhere and being talked about for all sorts of reasons. I'd rather the 330K+ first week sales and 73M first day on Spotify than have swifites pleased :bird:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.