First Bitchfork and now this nooooo  :dancehall3:

Edited by Billionaire

8 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

It's official. F her.

Oh she's going to hell let me delete all my TTPD scrobbles

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

@35:24

Hide this interview from Swifties, I can smell another 30 page thread about this :skull: Thank you Aimee!

They make an excellent point. Taylor aside, I never really connect with music that's very obviously about a specific person. I can't feel attached to it because it wasn't for me. More power to the artists that write very targeted music as a form of healing or to have a cathartic experience, but I can't connect with things like that. When I hear songs, I want to be immersed in my own world and find my own meaning. If I wanted to hear your story, I'd listen to an autobiography or something, but I just don't have that desire for a parasocial relationship through music.

It's probably been discussed in here, but I generally think Fantano's review was fair and spot on. I think the album deserves more of an 8 still, but outside of the score I agree with his assessment. There's a lot of great work here, and it shows she's still able to put out amazing quality work, especially compared to her peers, but I think next time around some new and fresh ideas would be amazing. HTE than ever was a little bit of a decline, but she swung for new heights on that album and I could appreciate the attempts even if they didn't always land with perfection. 

HMHAS is still great though. She sticks the landing on everything (except The Greatest.. the most blatant HTE rehash ever, and it didn't really improve anything from

the original even if the song itself is fine). So she accomplished completing a lot of her missed targets on her last 3 EP/albums, that's awesome! Now let's see what magic you come up with next Billie.

In short, this album is giving the closing of Billie's early/young career, in essence it feels like the final draft and a perfect punctuation mark on what she's conjured up so far. Now I would love to see her close the book and give us something completely fresh next time around, I know she has some great ideas cooking up, and I hope the great reception to this album doesn't prevent her from swinging big next time around, even if it doesn't meet the standards this album set. It's fine to have another rough draft next time, because the new ideas will undoubtedly make up for it. 

• Like 1

I knew this was going to happen from the first day she released the bonus CDs. All of the Swifties on here tried to gaslight us with "she's not even going to ship them" just to start celebrating as soon as she did :dies: 

The album will go #1 when part two is released. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wish said:

I knew this was going to happen from the first day she released the bonus CDs. All of the Swifties on here tried to gaslight us with "she's not even going to ship them" just to start celebrating as soon as she did :dies: 

The album will go #1 when part two is released. 

If it's actually part of the same album. Either way, whatever that is will *maybe* go #1 depending on what drops when. HS4 is coming, KP6 is coming, etc.

11 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

It's official. F her.

Who cares honestly.

This is a new artistic peak for Billie, and it'll age great. People will look back at this album as the one that stood out amongst the behemoths that released this year. I promise numbers mean absolutely nothing, no one cares. Would you rather have an album that people will see as a massive decline artistically despite the huge numbers or have a work of art that shows that your fave is still passionate about their craft and keeps you on the edge of your seat for what she'll

come up with next?

I used to be a Swiftie, but I had to hop off the train once it became clear she wanted to be a parody of herself for sales rather than give me more masterpieces I could enjoy for more than a week's debut numbers like Folklore/Evermore/RED etc. 

So proud of Billie for what might be her highest debut anyways! Very much deserved :clap3: 

Billie really said on the Zane Lowe interview "No one needs that many [16] songs". Oh, we're never getting a Happier than Ever sized album again :jonny: 

18 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

It's official. F her.

No applaud her...you play stupid games billie you win stupid prizes... guess her 23 'recycled variants' and vocal only cant sell. Love you Taylor.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 17

The way I don't want to go the eras tour next month anymore s:wan:

OT: our girl will remain triumphant come awards season next year :heart:

3 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Billie really said on the Zane Lowe interview "No one needs that many [16] songs". Oh, we're never getting a Happier than Ever sized album again :jonny: 

I thought that was very interesting! I doubt it was a contractual obligation for HTE to be 16 songs, but there are 2 songs that should NOT have even been on it in the first place... (NMR & my future). Could've been 14 tracks easily, if not less (Everyone Dies & OverHeated could've been trashed too).

7 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Who cares honestly.

This is a new artistic peak for Billie, and it'll age great. People will look back at this album as the one that stood out amongst the behemoths that released this year. I promise numbers mean absolutely nothing, no one cares. Would you rather have an album that people will see as a massive decline artistically despite the huge numbers or have a work of art that shows that your fave is still passionate about their craft and keeps you on the edge of your seat for what she'll

come up with next?

I used to be a Swiftie, but I had to hop off the train once it became clear she wanted to be a parody of herself for sales rather than give me more masterpieces I could enjoy for more than a week's debut numbers like Folklore/Evermore/RED etc. 

So proud of Billie for what might be her highest debut anyways! Very much deserved :clap3: 

No one is looking back on this album what are you on... TTPD is successful because people respond to the music and love it. TTPD is going to be remembered in a decade not some album by an artistic with no artistic growth doing the same type of songs on album number 3. People will get tired of it same with avril lavigne

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 15

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kayliah said:

No applaud her...you play stupid games billie you win stupid prizes... guess her 23 'recycled variants' and vocal only cant sell. Love you Taylor.

It's sad that you're in this thread too spreading so much negativity and hate :deadbanana2:Truly one of the most miserable string of posts I've seen on this site in awhile

I kind of feel for Swifties who genuinely just wanna enjoy Taylor's music without all the bs but get backlash because of girls like you who stay perched in girls like Dua and Billie's thread rather than focusing on the 31 songs you just got gifted a month ago :skull: 

Edited by Relampago.

1 minute ago, wish said:

Seek mental help

Just now, Relampago. said:

It's sad that you're in this thread too

• Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, kayliah said:

No one is looking back on this album what are you on... TTPD is successful because people respond to the music and love it. TTPD is going to be remembered in a decade not some album by an artistic with no artistic growth doing the same type of songs on album number 3. People will get tired of it same with avril lavigne

kayliah replied to Almodusa's topic in Music

This album has a lot of replay value and it has grown on me but we'll see in 5 years how it has aged.

You don't even fully believe in your own fave's quality longevity, please get out of here with your pedantic comments :hoetenks: 

OT: L'Amour De Ma Vie is kind of tugging at Lunch's wig for 2nd biggest bop on the album for me

Um anyway...

Camera!

Caught on camera!

217a89d636be2b06fe609717d4819370.gif

Posted (edited)

Short albums where all the songs are quality > bloated albums where you have to comb through the entire thing just to find more than one decent song

Can't be mad if her albums start to trend shorter as long as they're still quality even i think HTE had a bit of a quality control issue too but

:suburban:

Edited by Billionaire
  • Like 1

Moving on… when is this Chihiro MV finally coming? :jonny5:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

You don't even fully believe in your own fave's quality longevity, please get out of here with your pedantic comments :hoetenks: 

OT: L'Amour De Ma Vie is kind of tugging at Lunch's wig for 2nd biggest bop on the album for me

why are you guys fighting with me and being disrespectful towards Taylor with the F her etc. go stream billie's albums put all your energy there and all your petulance there. Had to respond when you disrespected her and accused her of doing something wrong when your fave is doing the worst.

Edited by kayliah
  • Thumbs Down 10

Taylor is so greedy, it's actually embarassing how she tried so hard to block Billie, she could have let Billie have her #1 and then go back to the top next week. Anyway, Billie's numbers are really impressive for a 10 track album and her art speaks for her and no one can take that away.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, wish said:

Moving on… when is this Chihiro MV finally coming? :jonny5:

Kinda need a Hallucinate/Break The Ice type video for the anime/Spirited Away reference with a touch of live-action Bury A Friend imagery for maximum slay

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kayliah said:

why are you guys fighting with me and being disrespectful towards Taylor with the F her etc. go stream billie's albums put all your energy there and all your petulance there. Had to respond when you disrespected her and accused her of doing something wrong when your fave is doing the worse.

taylor fans have been harassing billie nonstop for weeks now but you draw the line at someone saying **** taylor :deadbanana4:

Edited by Billionaire
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Y'all smell that? :sick:

OT: CHIHIRO is song of the year!

so no way billie can be #1 ? what about second week?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.