Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

Uncatena

1 hour ago, lapisnour said:

BIRDS OF A FEATHER STANS I NEED YOUR HELPPPPPP. So basically I've been trying to figure out why the song makes me feel so gut-wrenchingly nostalgic, it sounds so reminiscent of a song (or maybe multiple songs) that I just can't seem to figure out myself and I've been trying since Friday now. Many critics have been describing it as a gorgeous reimagination of 80s pop and I've heard some calling it Wham!-esque. Can somebody maybe help me figure out what song it reminds me of or just name some songs that are of similar nature, as melancholic and hopeful and in love?

I know I'll get laughed at for this but I really get Whitney vibes from birds of a feather, idk why :deadbanana:

• Like 1

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• Dash_inthedark

• Like 1

SO!

They admitted in the interview that Finneas was in a creative rut and let Billie be more involved in the music and production than she ever was before and it was she who had more ideas, very interesting! So much for those people saying Finneas was the only good part of the album :cm:

• Like 5

@35:24

Hide this interview from Swifties, I can smell another 30 page thread about this :skull: Thank you Aimee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

okay the end of the interview kinda confirms what everybodys been rhapsodizing about... i was pretty insusceptible to the whole double album theory, but something is for sure brewing... 

Posted (edited)

For the record, while the Pitchfork writers Twitter is private, someone who follows her stated that she tweeted and said she liked the album and submitted a 7.2 but somewhere that got changed by the time it was published. THAT to me is so suspicious. 

Edited by dalladallamallamalla

I hope she at least does 313K+ to surpass WWAFA :jonny:her team needs to start pushing 

Also they said nothing about Taylor :oxygen:

1 minute ago, dreww said:

I hope she at least does 313K+ to surpass WWAFA :jonny:her team needs to start pushing 

Also they said nothing about Taylor :oxygen:

I wonder if they will do a final push today and tomorrow. So far it's very quiet :(

we been waiting on this one

2 minutes ago, Rider said:

Yes! I was waiting for this, let me watch!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

I know I'll get laughed at for this but I really get Whitney vibes from birds of a feather, idk why :deadbanana:

Reminds me of in the zone Britney vocals. 

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie

Happier than ever violin version just played on Bridgerton :jonnycat:

Birds Of A Feather is sonically similar to MANY early 2000s pop songs, especially those by Mandy Moore

46 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

For the record, while the Pitchfork writers Twitter is private, someone who follows her stated that she tweeted and said she liked the album and submitted a 7.2 but somewhere that got changed by the time it was published. THAT to me is so suspicious. 

Is there a screenshot of it or anything?

1 minute ago, lilrobomonster said:

Is there a screenshot of it or anything?

Nope, it was a private convo with the person who is following her. Best I could do is link that conversation and that they follow Hannah, but I completely believe them because they only brought it up in reference to something else.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

UK Apple Music

#2: LUNCH (=)

#6: CHIHIRO (+1) *NP*
#10: BOAF (+1) *NP*

3 songs in the top 10, two reaching new peaks in the fifth day of release :bird:

Edited by dreww
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rider said:

Queen Ash :jonny3:

everything's alr been said but i love this album to death :monkey:  give her AOTY :jonny6:

1 hour ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

They changed the reviewer score at the last minute???

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Green said:

They changed the reviewer score at the last minute???

According to someone who follows the writer, yes. It was a 7.2 submission and then by the time it was published, was changed to 6.8. Hannah allegedly said she has no idea why/how that happened.

Edited by dalladallamallamalla

The writers of the review are not the same people who scored the album. So the writer might have been complimentary but the other ones might not have been. I believe the score is averaged out from all the other reviewers, not sure though. If that's true then 6.8 I guess makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, period sis said:

The writers of the review are not the same people who scored the album. So the writer might have been complimentary but the other ones might not have been. I believe the score is averaged out from all the other reviewers, not sure though. If that's true then 6.8 I guess makes sense. 

There is a lot of secrecy behind this for p4k. People have mentioned that it's been debunked and the reviewer has the highest weight.

It's official. F her.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

First Bitchfork and now this nooooo  :dancehall3:

Edited by Billionaire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.