Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

Uncatena

8 minutes ago, bielneira said:

You should be more worried about them considering this as being worse than 'Justice' by Justin Bieber

This is what happens when you critique things with no scale or objectivity. Pitchfork is lame anyways - their takes have more often than not been quite pretentious.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• Dash_inthedark

6.8?????? Like in what world? Have they listened to a different album or something? I bet someone has paid those guys. There's literally no way. 

Anyways, love that it's still stable af. Anybody knows how many streams she has in total since it was released? 

• Like 3

So when P4K gives a 6.6 to Radical Optimism, it's a pan and a drag and a mega flop, but a 6.9 for HMHAS is good and not panning? 6.9 is too low but it's funny how some of you cope when P4K gives a low rating to an overall loved album. Suddenly critics don't matter as much. 

5 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Did you really just compare Orange Trees & MARINA's lyrical ability to Solar Power and Lorde? I literally laughed out loud & probably will remember this for a long time thanks :rip:

Ofc it's laughable, anything in FROOT stomps on Solar Flop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Démodé said:

Ofc it's laughable, anything in FROOT stomps on Solar Flop. 

just old & wrong lol

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

just old & wrong lol

I won't compare complex instrumentation and lyricism to lyrics written while on Goop. Pls. You could at least have chosen Melodrama and it would have been on par.

OT: Her best album yet, Godhiro >>>>>>>

53 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

I'm starting to wonder what the numbers are going to look like from both. It ~appears~ that Billie will outstream TTPD this week if she can stay stable for just two more days. Then, will a 5th week TTPD (regardless of a special CD and some signed copies) really outsell Billie's debut? It maybe is starting to seem realistic for #1.

Wait do you think it has a chance to outstream TTPD US streams with just 10 songs?

5 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

just old & wrong lol

That's actually true sis. Froot is better than SP in any way you look at it. And Lorde is one of my faves. 

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

That's actually true sis. Froot is better than SP in any way you look at it. And Lorde is one of my faves. 

It's not true... I'm saying this objectively and not because i'm a Lorde stan. Froot is not better than Solar Power and this is such a random comparison.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

It's not true... I'm saying this objectively and not because i'm a Lorde stan. Froot is not better than Solar Power and this is such a random comparison.

you brought in Marina's lyricism in your other post (yeah, obviously OT is not her best sample). So not random, I'm giving an example of her lyricism. 

move this lorde-taylor convo somewhere else lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Démodé said:

you brought in Marina's lyricism in your other post (yeah, obviously OT is not her best sample). So not random, I'm giving an example of her lyricism. 

I brought MARINA's lyricism because someone else randomly compared Orange Trees to Solar Power. Of course I have the right to bring it if someone else is doing it first. Froot is from 2015 and Solar Power is from 2021. Marina is a washed up fad and her current lyricism is giving primary school talent show. I remember audibly cringing to most lyrics in Love + Fear. It was beyond horrible. She's not consistent with her lyrical talent. Lorde is comparable to artists like Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish & etc, but not MARINA.

14 minutes ago, Green said:

Wait do you think it has a chance to outstream TTPD US streams with just 10 songs?

It has been the more streamed album on Spotify daily since it dropped so far iirc? If that stays the same for the next two days, maybe? I'm not 100% how it all comes together but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I brought MARINA's lyricism because someone else randomly compared Orange Trees to Solar Power. Of course I have the right to bring it if someone else is doing it first. Froot is from 2015 and Solar Power is from 2021. Marina is a washed up fad and her current lyricism is giving primary school talent show. I remember audibly cringing to most lyrics in Love + Fear. It was beyond horrible. She's not consistent with her lyrical talent. Lorde is comparable to artists like Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish & etc, but not MARINA.

to you your opinion GIF

Edited by Démodé

6.8 is a bit harsh...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danes said:

6.8 is a bit harsh...

their scoring was def biased & premeditated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

It has been the more streamed album on Spotify daily since it dropped so far iirc? If that stays the same for the next two days, maybe? I'm not 100% how it all comes together but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it will depend on how is doing in the other streaming services

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

no way they gave an 8 to guts (no shade) and barely a 7 to this masterpiece

:clack:

Edited by duadududt
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, bad guy said:

spacer.png

I lowkey agree with the pitchfork review that having The Greatest & Wildflower back to back is not good. If they were spread out more I would probably enjoy Wildflower more.

P4K definitely dropped their review late on purpose. It's obvious that they're trying to build up engagement and generate more clicks now that their brand of music journalism is dying.

+ they're lesbophobic

:clack:

• Like 1

After listening to the album around 70 times, I'm ready to share my opinion on the songs:

Skinny: 9/10   What a beautiful ballad in the style of earlier songs like "Listen Before I Go" or "My Future", just better. The violine  :alexz:

Lunch: 9/10  The obvious hit of the album. "Bad Guy" was more of a banger, but lyricswise "Lunch" is more interesting.

Chihiro: 10/10  Only gets better with every listen. One of her best songs so far. :katie2:

Birds Of A Feather: 9/10   A very enjoyable, calming song. Very sweet.

Wildflower: 9,5/10  Another stunning ballad; Billie shows some of her best vocals. The outro :jonny5:

The Greatest: 8,5/10  This song should be heard using headphones (like the whole album tbh). Again stunning vocals! And the outbreak at the end :worship2:

L'amour de ma vie: 10/10  Oh wow. Both parts of the song are perfect; the synth-pop-part is killing me every time :clap3:

The diner: 9/10  The beat is probably the most straight-forward on the album, but it's still very original. It's rather dark and would have fitted her debut, but I also like it as part of the new album.

Bittersuite: 9,5/10  Probably the most interesting song on the album; there is so much to discover about this song. It evolves several times throughout its five minutes and remains exciting even after repeated listens. I also like how it flows into "Blue".

Blue: 9,5/10   Billie closes her best album with another highlight. It starts off as an uplifting pop song and than takes "A&W"-like twists and turns towards the end.

It took me several listens to get into this album, but the reward was worth the patience. Billie and her brother explore new sounds and song structures and have produces one of the most interesting and stunning pieces of pop music in the last years. 10/10 for the whole album. 

• Like 6

Chihiro and blue are rising on spotify :jonnycat:

LUNCH on Global Spotify

Day 1 - 10.79M

Day 2 - 8.5M

Day 3 - 7.9M

Day 4 - 8.4M

:bird:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

POP:
-- 20 BILLIE EILISH LUNCH 3308 0 3308 11.459

+491 Spins
+491 Bullet
+1.387 Audience

HOT AC:
-- 29 BILLIE EILISH LUNCH 642 0 642 1.974

+106 Spins
+106 Bullet
+0.341 Audience

ALTERNATIVE:
-- 25 BILLIE EILISH LUNCH 526 0 526 1.600

+86 Spins
+86 Bullet
+0.190 Audience

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.